💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard: Why 'A Star Is Born' Isn't Wowing Overseas Audiences

Gam

Featured Posts

McMonster08

Here in the Philippines, it's not that big of a hit compared to Venom or Bohemian Rhapsody, however, the people I know who watched it (the ones with taste, obviously) loved the film. :classy:

PS- They've been playing Shallow on the radios here. Heard it multiple times. :gaycat:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagarox

It was a success in the anglo nations but not in others like latin america/india etc. Probably because of the lack of promo in these countries. 

Wrong. Ireland has been snatched bald, with the movie about to crack the top 10 grossing films of all time here. Add that to the number 1 single and album spots. They tried though.

13 hours ago, DiegoMonster said:

Well the movie is slaying in my country (Portugal) :) everybody loves it and the soundtrack is doing perfectly! 

Cause our country is in the future where people actually knows how talented Gaga is :whitney:

Plot Twist: Madonna is still here

Gaga4stef

Huh? So, ok, but is that like a big deal? It seems like a so what deal. I don't get the newsworthiness. 

Every time we say goodbye baby it hurts

RadioIsOurs

They didn't really put a lot of screenings in my country and they also ended pretty early...most likely because of the mature rating.

Schizophonic

i said it before and i will say it again. i watched the movie in german and in english and its like two complete different movies. the german dubbing is horrible and took away so much of the original. both, gaga and bradley.

bradley even has his usual charakter voice and not lowered and she sounds very cold and arrogant.

well its kinda true. the movie didnt stay long on the cinemas in my country. only a week on my nearby cinema. but the soundtrack is doing great and gained attention that some local singers/celebs did covers. 

1 hour ago, RadioIsOurs said:

They didn't really put a lot of screenings in my country and they also ended pretty early...most likely because of the mature rating.

yes that happened in my country. only showed for a week and gone. only 2 screenings each day (other movies has like 4 times a day) on my nearby cinema and only play in the evening

freebit
3 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

They had to make this article...why?

I wonder who is behind it. We can rule out Annapurna - they are too poor and disorganized. Probably Sony Pictures Classics, Netflix, or Disney. :gum:

Just joking though. Kind of...👀

DiegoMonster
6 hours ago, Akiki said:

Cause our country is in the future where people actually knows how talented Gaga is :whitney:

Plot Twist: Madonna is still here

True!!! 

The collab will happen here guys 👀 

Emigrante
19 hours ago, RAMROD said:

They didn't lie, let's be honest. The plot although universal but also restricted. It is back to each country's culture again. 

Let's not blame other movie for it. A Star Is Born is a festival movie, if you know what I mean. People have to dig deeper to get it. Plus, it is also a musical, which always 50/50 with audience abroad. When put against a blockbuster movie, whatever it is, it will always be placed second or wven third worldwide, because block buster films are always more easier to understand. Not to mention their own local films that most locals would prefer to see. Honestly, even if Venom are not released the same date, it will be another blockbuster title that will reap the profits more. Let's say if Halloween released earlier, people would still be choosing Halloween over ASIB.

a stR is born is not a musical.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

a stR is born is not a musical.

and life is free :sure:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived