💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard: Why 'A Star Is Born' Isn't Wowing Overseas Audiences

Gam

Featured Posts

JohnWayne97

at least here in Brazil the movie is doing very well, and I never saw so many people talking and listening to Gaga since BTW. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved the movie  so far but let's be honest gaga is a dying artist in the foreign world and the country theme of the movie is the reason why the movie is doing well domestically and not in the rest of the world..  

Guillaume Hamon

It made nearly as much money out of the US than it did in the US being obviously a movie that was targeting US audiences more specifically so it was expected that it would get more interest in the states and it did but we just can't say it "under-performed ouf the states". Not with this overseas success.

So they're not really fair here...

KleinGa
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

You may be one of this people. But you cannot speak for every one else who are detached from this  kind of stuffs.

That's what Im saying :laughga:

Certain people are detached

And certain people are not

Hence my point that unless you're into pop culture, lots of the references will mean nothing to you 

nattuggla

Tbh I think I did as expected overseas but it did more than was predicted in the US hence now it looks like it underperformed in the rest of the world when it actually didn't. 

I’ve been to two screenings in Berlin and one in Tel Aviv, the theatres were packed and all the people were seemingly moved during and after the movie.. I couldn’t be bothered less by this article :icega:

StrawberryBlond

It could just be because the movie was promoted more in America, being an American film. It connects more with American audiences because it is an American story. So saying, everyone I know who's seen it in the UK is loving it and its slaying in Ireland. I'm curious to see how much it will make in Japan but fans are hopeful. I don't agree with the sentiments that overseas audiences thought there was too much focus on Jackson as that was kinda the whole point of the film. I don't see why nationality should play a role in which character you preferred to see more of.

FentyGa
6 hours ago, Grimpsy said:

People only wanna see some tastless movies like Venom and all that kind of garbage, but don't want to see a phenomenal life changing movie that has soul in it ? WTF is wrong with this world?:saladga:

It was a bad movie, but it was entertaining. Critic reviews=/=entertainment vaule
OP: I see that. It kinda had the same issue as Joanne where it had this very American nature to it that kind of doesn't translate.

James Gibson

Here in Brazil I'm seeing an overwhelming positive reaction, specially people finding Gaga so loveable and vulnerable in the picture and praising from going against the approach she's known for. The same for Bradley Cooper and his transformation and deidication to the whole thing.

I find many GP-don't-know-nothing-about-popstars-or-films people saying they cried and loved the soundtrack, saying they listen on a regular basis (I even saw a friend of mine who was completely obssessed with Shallow and she didn't even watched the film yet! Besides she's the kinda girl who only listen really basic pop). And even getting tons of support from conservative christian people from my church (I only saw 2 or 3 complaining it was too long but got involved in the story)

Besides the good box-office numbers with sold out cinema theaters 3 weeks after the movie released.

The movie here is a hit for sure. Nobody even remembers Venom was released a month ago but everybody talks about ASIB and Bohemian Rhapsody when movie subject is up.

6 hours ago, Vegas said:

Sure, it’s flopping so hard overseas that it turned Shallow into a worldwide hit with the exception of their flop ass hot 100 chart. 

The same flop chart that "Thank you next" is on no1 , :saladga:

6 hours ago, Human Nature said:

The cinema was sold out for me and that was 3 weeks after the movie I tried booking at an earlier date and that was sold out too 

We live in different countries I see... 

Here, 5/6 people in the second week :shrug:

Grigio Guy
8 hours ago, Pietro said:

It's a good movie. The music is great. But the film isn't outstanding. The critics loves it but the audience not so much. It's kinda "meh" for some people. Here in my country the cinema was almost empty, only 6/7 people. 

Speak for yourself, Both days that I went (Week one and two) the cinemas was FULL.

EDIT: Planned on going a third time, but the showing I wanted to go to was sold out.

Religion is a product to sell.

Well yeah. ASIB has never been about masterclass filmmaking. It’s a vehicle for the the leading lady to shine her incredible talents. The story itself is nothing new and is a bit dated so in more socially progressive European countries this makes sense.

Archived