💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga as Auteur

Othon

Featured Posts

Robo Ga
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Just because it is less complex doesn't mean she stopped using MVs as her medium. Perhaps you just don't get the simplicity. Even Million Reasons MV tells a story. You may just overlooked that fact :triggered:

Enlighten me on these "stories" that also end up as SNL promos shot-for-shot. 

🤖⚡️

RAMROD
5 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

Enlighten me on these "stories" that also end up as SNL promos shot-for-shot. 

Isn't it obvious? Or are you losing touch with reality because you are so in too deep with all these avant garde stuffs? :lmao:

It is clear that the video was continuation of PI. In PI, it was portraying her frustration about facing the fact that her relationship isn't perfect and then on MR, it was her showing the aftermath of the break up and how she still had to keep the chin up and how she realizes that she is not alone after all. It's not Stanley Kubrick but it's still a story told. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Robo Ga
50 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Isn't it obvious? Or are you losing touch with reality because you are so in too deep with all these avant garde stuffs? :lmao:

It is clear that the video was continuation of PI. In PI, it was portraying her frustration about facing the fact that her relationship isn't perfect and then on MR, it was her showing the aftermath of the break up and how she still had to keep the chin up and how she realizes that she is not alone after all. It's not Stanley Kubrick but it's still a story told. 

Seems convenient but ok

🤖⚡️

Bradley
2 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

No, but we can expect much more than recycled shots from her SNL promo and a video of her singing while getting her makeup done. Just because it's a ballad doesn't mean it can't have a great video.

The thing is they didn't really use any of the footage for SNL. They were shot but they weren't released. So her team is still free to use it however they want. It's not like they released the shot footage twice.

It's like you record a song but then release an album with the songs not making the cut, so technically you're still allowed to use them in the future however you want.

And you have completely missed the point of the video. Gaga said beforehand that she didn't want this video to only be about the visuals, she wanted the video to have a message, and it seems like you have completely missed that. In fact all the critics and the GP are wise enough to know that the focus of the video is the inherent message of the video and song - friendship, love, kindness, acceptance.

I never cried to any of Lady Gaga's videos until I saw Million Reasons, that's a fact I can share to you.

Bradley
2 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

GUY is just not good. 

The blasphemy. G.U.Y. is easily top 5 within her videography. :messga:

Didymus
8 hours ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

I think her music videos fit the music. 

But she did once say that she wasn't interested in just making a music video about the song. She actually liked pitting a song against a completely different visual and narrative idea (she said this in an interview about the BTW mv) :tony:

It definitely applies to pretty much all of her video's from 2009 to 2013 with only a few exceptions (Judas, for instance) :ohwell:

I think that's what the author means with "medium". She was communicating something different with mv's that her music could not. That definitely ended :cryga:

Didymus
55 minutes ago, Bradley said:

In fact all the critics and the GP are wise enough to know that the focus of the video is the inherent message of the video and song - friendship, love, kindness, acceptance.

Who cares about those subjects though.. :oops:

Like, sorry, but she used to filter love and acceptance through a visual lens like BTW and Alejandro :triggered: The point is that even though she's still telling stories, they're stories that anyone could've told while Gaga used to have a unique point of view, if not in narrative then definitely in visual style.

We needed her in the industry to express that point of view 'cause no one else would. Why would a video Miley Cyrus would've released in her Disney days be something worthy of Gaga's name on it, is the question :messga:

Fame IV
5 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

John Wayne is good but nowhere near the level she used to be for MVs. GUY is just not good. Million Reasons video was lazy. PI had a good visual but it wasn't enough, needed more settings, a storyline, etc. 

You're right though, Joanne (piano version) is BY FAR the best video of the Joanne era and I genuinely LOVE it - it fits the song perfectly and it is so beautiful and authentic. I wish she had done something similar for Million Reasons. 

That's just your personal taste. GUY os a very complex and artistic video.

A Star is Born ⭐

Bradley
4 hours ago, Didymus said:

Who cares about those subjects though.. :oops:

Like, sorry, but she used to filter love and acceptance through a visual lens like BTW and Alejandro :triggered: The point is that even though she's still telling stories, they're stories that anyone could've told while Gaga used to have a unique point of view, if not in narrative then definitely in visual style.

We needed her in the industry to express that point of view 'cause no one else would. Why would a video Miley Cyrus would've released in her Disney days be something worthy of Gaga's name on it, is the question :messga:

I do not think Born This Way and Alejandro are in any way able to convey the emotions Million Reasons delivered, vice versa. Million Reasons is heartwarming, emotional, touching and it makes sense because it is a ballad whereas the former two are uptempo pop songs. They are altogether very different from each other.

Robo Ga
16 hours ago, Bradley said:

Gaga said beforehand that she didn't want this video to only be about the visuals, she wanted the video to have a message, and it seems like you have completely missed that. In fact all the critics and the GP are wise enough to know that the focus of the video is the inherent message of the video and song - friendship, love, kindness, acceptance.

This is paradoxical. Literally all of her videos have a message, and her SAYING that is contradictory to her own message and degrading all her work previous. Know what also had an amazing message of acceptance, love, and kindness? The Born This Way video. Except it was well-crafted, innovative, and visually exciting. It's possible to deliver a visual with a message, Gaga literally built her career on that.

🤖⚡️

Bradley
4 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

This is paradoxical. Literally all of her videos have a message, and her SAYING that is contradictory to her own message and degrading all her work previous. Know what also had an amazing message of acceptance, love, and kindness? The Born This Way video. Except it was well-crafted, innovative, and visually exciting. It's possible to deliver a visual with a message, Gaga literally built her career on that.

I'm not sure if you read my post above but Born This Way and Million Reasons are completely different genres. It's like comparing a heartwarming drama to a science-fiction. It's like expecting A Star Is Born to have scenes where they shoot lasers out of spaceships.

PunkTheFunk
On 11/9/2018 at 6:39 PM, OG Gaga Stan said:

music videos are her medium

Million Reasons has left the chat

Didymus
22 hours ago, Bradley said:

I do not think Born This Way and Alejandro are in any way able to convey the emotions Million Reasons delivered, vice versa. Million Reasons is heartwarming, emotional, touching and it makes sense because it is a ballad whereas the former two are uptempo pop songs. They are altogether very different from each other. 

I don't get how you're insisting that you can't be visually interesting and/or innovative simply because you're releasing a heartwarming, emotional, touching ballad. Like, why not? :air:

On 11/10/2018 at 1:06 AM, Miracle said:

Lady Gaga's medium have been live performances since 2010. It's where she puts the most focus, artistry and talent, all at the same time. Attending a Lady Gaga concert is like entering a world made for glittery, goth, gay trans cowboys people who think beyond.

Disagree! Judas, You and I, Marry The Night, Applause, GUY. The videos were literally works of art that accompanied the music. Gaga is just an all round versatile artist who uses everything as her medium to craft a cohesive visual display for her art. 🤭 Very much like Beyonce, except Gaga does a lot of it herself with the help of people she’s worked with for years.

freebit

Speaking of auteurs, I remember reading about Stanley Kubrick's work, and how even though he had fans, a lot of it was actually kind of tepidly received at the time - for example the iconic Pauline Kael always dragged him, and The Shining actually underperformed a bit and was considered too sterile and cold for a horror film. His movies tended to be thought of more fondly years after they came out. It kind of reminds me of how Gaga's music is received by pop stans and critics, even TFM got dragged by some. (Joanne is her Barry Lyndon IMO and people will come around). Sounds delusional because he's a now considered a incomparable~genuis, but I'm right. :ohwell:

Archived