💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

RATE: Rhythm Nation 1814 - Janet Jackson

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

Phoebe Buffay
jj_guzman_01.jpg

Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 is the fourth studio album by American singer Janet Jackson, released on September 19, 1989, by A&M Records. Although label executives wanted material similar to her previous album, Control (1986), Jackson insisted on creating a concept album addressing social issues. Collaborating with songwriters and record producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, she drew inspiration from various tragedies reported through news media, exploring racism, poverty, and substance abuse, in addition to themes of romance. Although its primary concept was met with mixed reactions, its composition received critical acclaim. Jackson came to be considered a role model for youth because of her socially conscious lyrics.  It became the singer's second consecutive album to top the Billboard 200 albums chart in the United States. Certified six-times platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America, it became the country's best-selling album of 1990 and has sold an estimated 12 million copies worldwide. Due to its innovative production and lyrical exploration, critics have come to regard it as the pinnacle of Jackson's artistic achievement. It has been cited as an influence in various musical trends, inspiring numerous artists. 

Rules:

1. Rate the songs from 1-10 and you may give your favorite song an 11.
2. 0's aren't allowed.
3. Decimals are highly recommended (to avoid ties).
4. Please do not troll.
5. Have fun!

Tracklisting:

1. Rhythm Nation
2. State of the World
3. The Knowledge
4. Miss You Much
5. Love Will Never Do (Without You)
6. Livin' in a World (They Didn't Make)
7. Alright
8. Escapade
9. Black Cat
10. Lonely
11. Come Back to Me
12. Someday is Tonight

DUE DATE: November 21, 2018 @ 12PM EST
CEREMONY: November 24, 2018 @ 12PM EST

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phoebe Buffay
Phoebe Buffay
2 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

omg I'm literally listening to RN(The song) right now as I opened GGD:giveup:

Telepathy.mp3 :hor:

Spoiler

You betta send your rates bish. :hor:

Mirrion Rizzons
16 minutes ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

Telepathy.mp3 :hor:

Hide contents

You betta send your rates bish. :hor:

I've never heard the entire album before, If I can be bothered I'll participate and listen :oops:

Definitely a “moment” in pop music history.  Janet ruled the music industry during this era and paved the way for all future dance pop divas to follow with this project.  

“Interlude: Race” contains a quote that definitely applies to our society today. :(

1. Rhythm Nation - 10
2. State of the World - 5
3. The Knowledge -4
4. Miss You Much - 10
5. Love Will Never Do (Without You) - 11 (one of my ultimate feel good songs)
6. Livin' in a World (They Didn't Make) - 7
7. Alright - 7.5
8. Escapade - 10
9. Black Cat  - 9
10. Lonely - 7.5
11. Come Back to Me - 8
12. Someday is Tonight - 7

Gov Hooka
24 minutes ago, MACATL said:

Definitely a “moment” in pop music history.  Janet ruled the music industry during this era and paved the way for all future dance pop divas to follow with this project.  

“Interlude: Race” contains a quote that definitely applies to our society today. :(

Truly and she doesnt get enough credit smh.

Also Rhythm Nation is the only album in hot 100 history to have 7 top 5 singles, with four of them going number 1. 

The Bling

I started listening yesterday, and wow :nooo: Definitely impressed. I still have 5-6 tracks left, but this far it blew me away. I don't know how to rate this help

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

Archived