💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

"Shallow" is now the only song on Warner's FYC for awards

Galagala

Featured Posts

Reality
6 hours ago, Gagas1Person said:

But why would they? I mean, ARUTW and INLA could become the "I Will Always Love You" of this generation with promo and an Oscar, they're way more listeneable than Shallow (IT'S STILL A GOOD SONG, I'M NOT ASSUMING ANYTHING), just think  about ARUTW being in top 10 without having any kind of consideration

It’s probably because Shallow has pretty much been synonymous with the movie ever since the trailer. Also, I think it’s cause this movie is as much about Bradley Cooper as it is about Gaga. While I do agree with you in saying that ARUTW and INLA are overall better songs, I think it was important for them to have a song that included both leading actors.

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagas1Person
6 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

It’s probably because Shallow has pretty much been synonymous with the movie ever since the trailer. Also, I think it’s cause this movie is as much about Bradley Cooper as it is about Gaga. While I do agree with you in saying that ARUTW and INLA are overall better songs, I think it was important for them to have a song that included both leading actors.

Yeah I didn't think about It before. Diggin' my grave/I Don't Know What Love Is tho.

I didn't choose Gaga, Gaga chose me

On 11/3/2018 at 9:46 AM, M Monstre said:

tbh I think a lot of the other ballads (i.e. ARUTW, INLA, and ITA?) are better, sonically speaking, but I definitely understand why they went for Shallow. It's a pivotal point in the movie and it highlights both leading actors. 

It’s also the most memorable of all of them. Gaga’s belt in that chorus carries it and the simplicity of it keeps it in your mind. ARUTW is great but not very WOW, INLA sounds a little too Whitney or Mariah to stand out, ITA is not eligible I don’t think because its only in the credits and part of the requirement is that it be important to the film. Plus, being placed there it gets the least exposure of the 4. Shallow makes the most sense to push as everything kind of revolves around that dialogue between them. It doesn’t matter if the others are better songs, in terms of winning I think his is why Shallow makes the most sense to push. Plus, also the reasons you listed.

12 minutes ago, Gagas1Person said:

Yeah I didn't think about It before. Diggin' my grave/I Don't Know What Love Is tho.

Nominated songs have to be critically important to the film. It’s in the criteria. Neither of those are despite how good they are. You can’t just push any song.

Reality
38 minutes ago, Gagas1Person said:

Those songs aren't in the movie though (at least I don't remember them being in the movie). Shallow was like that moment in the movie where everything started to change for Ally. 

🃏🖤👹

3 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Those songs aren't in the movie though (at least I don't remember them being in the movie). Shallow was like that moment in the movie where everything started to change for Ally. 

''I don't know what love is'' was during wedding scene 

Archived