Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

"Shallow" is now the only song on Warner's FYC for awards

Galagala

Featured Posts

Galagala

"Shallow" is now the only song from ASIB on the Warner Bros's "ForYourConsideration" list.

However, there were 3 songs (Shallow/INLA/ARUTW) on it when the FYC of ASIB first came out in October.:gum::gum:

Looks like they now want to push only one song for awards and make it to the Oscars win!

Let's keep all the buzz of ASIB from dwindling down until Golden Globes!:madge: Here comes the very first Oscars for queen of versatility!

The Warner Bros FYC link:

https://www.warnerbros2018.com/screenings/for-your-consideration/?film=astarisborn

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Galagala said:

I personally prefer and feel glad about this decision since "Shallow" is  iconic and the first song when we think of ASIB.  

True. However, the academy can still nominate the other songs tho.

Inb4 she wins Shallow and performs INLA.

Either way I’m elated she getting recognition for her talents. Maybe she will win more than one Oscar that night. :hor:

Reality

tbh I think a lot of the other ballads (i.e. ARUTW, INLA, and ITA?) are better, sonically speaking, but I definitely understand why they went for Shallow. It's a pivotal point in the movie and it highlights both leading actors. 

🃏🖤👹

Ryusei

ok now everyone can stop sh*tting their pants about "split votes". Another award in the basket :firega: 

Musery

RAMROD

Isn't that obvious that they'd push Shallow? C'mon now. It is basically the official theme for the movie. :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Galagala

There were 3 songs from Dreamgirls(2004) nominated for Best Original Song in Oscars that year and none of them won in the end. :huntyga:

"Listen" 

"Love You I Do" 

"Patience"

I don't want this situation happen to ASIB.

More nominations do not always mean a good thing, especially when they are in the same category.:interestinga:

GypsyBabe

As much as I adore ARUTW and INLA, pushing Shallow was the best choice. Its doing so well and has been synonymous with the film since the trailer dropped. The bridge is fire and beyond an earworm. I also don’t want to split votes on this category. 

⚯͛

Bradley

This means A Star Is Born will only be eligible for 14 nominations at most, but I like this decision considering it avoids the split votes between Shallow and I'll Never Love Again.

hmm yikies

it’s probably the better idea in every way but I’m still clinging on to the minuscule chance that ARUTW could win an Oscar 

3 points in and ready for more

Nominated songs are always performed at the Oscars, Bradley won’t perform again it seems so I guess it will be the piano solo version 

So no performance of INLA at the Oscars? Ugh, I'm disgusted. It would have been amazing. She would have stolen the show again. I can’t at this sabotage. 

Schizophonic

u guys know what happens when a song gets oscar hype? everyone looking for something to **** about. 

in the blink of an eye we have i belive i can fly discussions or even legal trouble.

and the last thing she needs now is r kelly relatedshit

Archived