Erase One Gaga Album

Twitter

Featured Posts

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
45 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

As for smoking weed, that's not exclusive to a young person and it doesn't mean the person is immature if they smoke it. Please use a better example.

But then why is drinking at the club so immature for a 30 year old? :messga:

45 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

I can see how TFM's lyrics were complex for the age she was at then. But she's grown as a person and an artist. She wants to write about much deeper issues

I still can't comprehend you're saying this kind of stuff and then unapologetically claiming that there's nothing wrong with singing about ****ing cowboys, smoking blunts, and masturbating :ladyhaha: I thought the whole point was to show that she's grown up compared to 2009. You can't claim a thing like that and then defend the songs on Joanne that are even more immature than what she did in 2009 :ohwell: How is date rape and sexual insecurity not a deep issue btw :saladga:

48 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

I simply meant that as you grow you experience new things and become more wiser.

I'm sure that's true, but again, it's not showing in her music so how is that relevant :interestinga: Singing about a break-up is something pre-20 year olds can do today.

48 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

You just said if Joanne was mature she wouldn't have made pop. Why can't an older person make pop music? Why are you so ageist?

I didn't say she could, you were the one saying she couldn't make songs about drinking in a club anymore lol. That was your logic, not mine.

49 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

As for cheap bland repetitive lyrics. What about Telephone?

Cackle. You don't think a song about a dead relative deserves better lyrics than a song about dancing in a nightclub? :air:

50 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

I think I feel more connected to Gaga on an emotional level so that's why I can understand her perspective. She said she wanted to make music for people her age and something that she herself would listen to. I am similar in age and feel that Joanne was the album I needed at the time.

Well, fine, but what's stopping 18 year olds from identifying with it? After all there's nothing really that special about that record, lyrically. Why couldn't someone of 15 relate to songs about weed, masturbation, ****ing rougher guys, "what's wrong with the world" pathos etc.?

51 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

You come across as a very one dimensional person and you have alot of growing up to do. I recommend that you work on how you talk to people first of all. Oh and bookmark me and let me know how you feel about Joanne once you've grown up a bit. :giggle:

Ugh. Despicable.

Glamourpuss
49 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But then why is drinking at the club so immature for a 30 year old? :messga:

I still can't comprehend you're saying this kind of stuff and then unapologetically claiming that there's nothing wrong with singing about ****ing cowboys, smoking blunts, and masturbating :ladyhaha: I thought the whole point was to show that she's grown up compared to 2009. You can't claim a thing like that and then defend the songs on Joanne that are even more immature than what she did in 2009 :ohwell: How is date rape and sexual insecurity not a deep issue btw :saladga:

I'm sure that's true, but again, it's not showing in her music so how is that relevant :interestinga: Singing about a break-up is something pre-20 year olds can do today.

I didn't say she could, you were the one saying she couldn't make songs about drinking in a club anymore lol. That was your logic, not mine.

Cackle. You don't think a song about a dead relative deserves better lyrics than a song about dancing in a nightclub? :air:

Well, fine, but what's stopping 18 year olds from identifying with it? After all there's nothing really that special about that record, lyrically. Why couldn't someone of 15 relate to songs about weed, masturbation, ****ing rougher guys, "what's wrong with the world" pathos etc.?

Ugh. Despicable.

The song Joanne doesn't need better lyrics. It's from the point of view of a child (her father). Children don't have a proper understanding of emotions. All he knew was he needed her more than the angels did and he wanted her to stay. The lyrics are simple but effective. 

Are you trying to understand my point of view or are you just hellbent on trying to prove me wrong?

You're a very argumentative person. Chill out. We're both Gaga fans ffs. Is it really worth the anger just because somebody else likes Joanne more than you do.

I'm sick and tired of having to repeat myself. I'm going around in circles with you. If you can't understand what I'm saying then it's not my job to try to make you understand.

If anybody has behaved despicably it's you. You've skimmed over everything I've said just so you can give your 2 cents and you've behaved appallingly.

Let's just agree to disagree. There's no way you can change my opinion and I'm not interested in changing yours.

Have a nice day.

SEXODUS
18 hours ago, PussyGlam said:

The ones picking Joanne don't know how to appreciate it. I think because most of you are so young. I don't mean that in a condescending way. In ten years time when you've grown up and experienced more of life you will understand it more. Gaga said she wanted to make music for the age she is at now. I am similar in age to her and was desperate for more grown up pop. I think most of you all will think the same once you've grown up a bit.

Thanks for shoving your tastes down most of our throats. Our very, very young throats, actually. Much appreciated.

By the same logic, those who are picking up ARTPOP can’t appreciate it because they still have to graduate in art school. :emma:

Glamourpuss
7 minutes ago, SEXODUS said:

Thanks for shoving your tastes down most of our throats. Our very, very young throats, actually. Much appreciated.

By the same logic, those who are picking up ARTPOP can’t appreciate it because they still have to graduate in art school. :emma:

How is it shoving my tastes down your throat? It's my own personal belief. You've clearly had a knee jerk reaction even though I stated that I didn't mean it in a condescending way. I actually had a reasonable explanation for why I came to that conclusion. 

If anybody is shoving their tastes down people's throats it's the guy who can't accept that I've outgrown TFM. 

SEXODUS
6 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

How is it shoving my tastes down your throat? It's my own personal belief. You've clearly had a knee jerk reaction even though I stated that I didn't mean it in a condescending way. I actually had a reasonable explanation for why I came to that conclusion. 

If anybody is shoving their tastes down people's throats it's the guy who can't accept that I've outgrown TFM. 

You may have not meant it, but I do find it condescending to assume that age has anything to do with the appreciation of a certain body of work. 

I’ve always told my problem with Joanne is the execution, not the concept behind it. In ten years I can assure you I won’t suddenly grow to love it just because sh1t happened in my life lol 

Glamourpuss
10 minutes ago, SEXODUS said:

You may have not meant it, but I do find it condescending to assume that age has anything to do with the appreciation of a certain body of work. 

I’ve always told my problem with Joanne is the execution, not the concept behind it. In ten years I can assure you I won’t suddenly grow to love it just because sh1t happened in my life lol 

Perhaps I should have worded it better. I apologise for any offence caused. I didn't mean to generalise. 

I just meant it for those who think it's bland and not authentic. What I tried to say was that Gaga is not the same person she was 5 or 10 years ago and I am the same. Your tastes in music and art change as you grow. I wasn't diminishing what each individual has been through because I know we've all had different life path. But some people haven't yet experienced the loss of a family member, some people haven't had a relationship break down. I personally believe that as we all age we might identify with certain songs more and understand them more. For me personally the Joanne song hit me harder recently when a relative was on their death bed. I was pleading with God not to take her away and when the song came on it was gut wrenching. 

I just think that some people need to view the songs from a different perspective that might help if they were to go through similar things themselves. 

I've had this discussion before with others and nobody took it in a negative way. Somebody else I spoke to said that they understood PI better when they went through a break up. Can we all just get along now because I'm sick of arguing. I've already said it wasn't my intention to upset anyone so can we please leave it at that. 

SEXODUS
2 hours ago, PussyGlam said:

Perhaps I should have worded it better. I apologise for any offence caused. I didn't mean to generalise. 

I just meant it for those who think it's bland and not authentic. What I tried to say was that Gaga is not the same person she was 5 or 10 years ago and I am the same. Your tastes in music and art change as you grow. I wasn't diminishing what each individual has been through because I know we've all had different life path. But some people haven't yet experienced the loss of a family member, some people haven't had a relationship break down. I personally believe that as we all age we might identify with certain songs more and understand them more. For me personally the Joanne song hit me harder recently when a relative was on their death bed. I was pleading with God not to take her away and when the song came on it was gut wrenching. 

I just think that some people need to view the songs from a different perspective that might help if they were to go through similar things themselves. 

I've had this discussion before with others and nobody took it in a negative way. Somebody else I spoke to said that they understood PI better when they went through a break up. Can we all just get along now because I'm sick of arguing. I've already said it wasn't my intention to upset anyone so can we please leave it at that. 

I can’t agree on a few points there but let’s just heygirl.mp3 it out :hug:

giskardsb

The Fame, and replace with the album she wanted to write including songs like Let love down, wonderful, oh well, Hollywood, captivated, etc. 

Didymus
9 hours ago, PussyGlam said:

The song Joanne doesn't need better lyrics. It's from the point of view of a child (her father). Children don't have a proper understanding of emotions. All he knew was he needed her more than the angels did and he wanted her to stay. The lyrics are simple but effective.

"If you could I know that you'd stay
We both know things don't work that way
I promised I wouldn't say goodbye
So I grin and my voice gets thin"

That sounds pretty mature for a child :huntyga:

I just see bad rhyming in that song and I feel like it doesn't go anywhere lyrically. Anyway, my point was not to bash that song but to point out that she's written better and more emotionally complex ballads before, which your pov of "she's matured with Joanne" implicitly denied. That's the point you keep missing apparently.

9 hours ago, PussyGlam said:

You're a very argumentative person. Chill out. We're both Gaga fans ffs. Is it really worth the anger just because somebody else likes Joanne more than you do.

This isn't about liking the album or not. This is about the "Gaga matured with Joanne and young people don't have the ability to get that album because they don't have enough life experience" narrative that is insulting not just to Gaga's previous career (because, as I pointed out, I see nothing more mature in the music or lyrics of Joanne when compared to her earlier albums) but also to a huge part of the fanbase.

What you've done is completely ignore that argument. All you've done in these posts is simply defend or explain Joanne but the point is that she could've easily written all of those songs in '08 or later because she was already writing complex content songs like Brown Eyes, Speechless etc. So this whole "maturity" argument is just flat out wrong and her own discography denies it.

When I say "how has she matured when she's singing about masturbating or ****ing cowboys" the right response is not "well, what's wrong with singing about that as an adult?" (which you're right about, there is nothing wrong with it but that is simply not the point), the right response is: you're right, she hasn't matured (musically/lyrically) compared to her earlier albums, even though she might have on a personal level. You refusing to acknowledge that just puts Gaga's pre-Joanne work even more, basically reducing it to childishness and irrelevance, which I just find aggravating because it's based on nothing.

Archived