Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

INLA, IWALY and MHWGO not in same league

gagarox

Featured Posts

gagarox

tbh both IWALY and MHWGO are legendary cuz they went #1 and are considered as the representatives of the peak 90s diva ballads.

If INLA wants to be in the same league as them it will have to prove itself by goinf #1. or atleast top 3 (considering charts are all about mumble rappers now and its unfair to Gaga). Agree? 

Poissonche

I'll Never Love Again is in another league because it's the only one that was actually written by its singer :ohwell: (assuming you're talking about Whitney Houston's cover of I Will Always Love You)

I read “not in the same language” and was already thinking of demanding gaga the mariachi version of INLA she never promised us:grr:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

KatieJudasGaga4

I disagree, chart positions doesn't show how much quality a song has. Like Shape of You and Despacito went #1 for more than 10 weeks and their songs are mostly about sex or a women's body. INLA can still be in the same league as IWALY and MHWGO. You are kinda saying that Shape of You is in the same league as those two songs because it hit #1, and that isn't the case. :saladga:

9 minutes ago, oyeavi said:

tbh both IWALY and MHWGO are legendary cuz they went #1 and are considered as the representatives of the peak 90s diva ballads.

If INLA wants to be in the same league as them it will have to prove itself by goinf #1. or atleast top 3 (considering charts are all about mumble rappers now and its unfair to Gaga). Agree? 

giphy.gif

rumours

A #1 placement on the BB Hot 100 = legendary status? :confused:

I’m saddened to hear then that “Look What You Made Me Do” is as legendary as “My Heart Will Go On”. :saladga:

12 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

I'll Never Love Again is in another league because it's the only one that was actually written by its singer :ohwell: (assuming you're talking about Whitney Houston's cover of I Will Always Love You)

Thank you for indirectly giving Dolly promo :hug:

River

Well, Shallow overshadowed it, but it can still be a silent hit in the future, it has the materials.. but it doesn't matter it's chart position, the song is legendary and her best ballad.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Radio Ga Ga

MHWGO and IWALY are catchier songs it’s easier for them to be iconic and popular, INLA has great lyrics great vocals but the catchy pop Melody is missing imo

Judas Society

tbh, INLA may be a similar ballad to IWALY and MHWGO, but I can't exactly see the song achieving what its predecessors did. Mainly because both songs were highly popular and reigned on the charts and they both were the topic of discussion in pop culture representing the movies at the same time.

Like it or not, Shallow has become that for ASIB. Everyone relates to this song when they think of ASIB and it completely overshadowed INLA. Had streaming not being the force it is, Shallow will most definitely reigned at #1 on Billboard charts for the massive success it is when it comes to actual sales.

doppelganger

I think the OP’s point is that the legacy of MHWGO & IWALY is partly due to how well these songs did on Bilboard. That, and also the longevity the songs had in the charts. Both were pop culture phenomenon in a way that INLA does not quite live up to  (not yet at least)

To be fair to Gaga though the 90s were the decade of power ballads. Today it is simply much harder for ballads to break through unless your name is Adele. 

Personally I think Shallow is THE ASIB song with “legacy” status. 

• Admin changed the title to INLA, IWALY and MHWGO not in same league
yukonderosa

It takes me seven minutes to comprehend these posts every time y’all use these acronyms. I’m eighteen and feel fifty one :madge:

25 minutes ago, A R T F L 0 P said:

It takes me seven minutes to comprehend these posts every time y’all use these acronyms. I’m eighteen and feel fifty one :madge:

there has never been more truth told 

FfFfFfFF
4 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

MHWGO and IWALY are catchier songs it’s easier for them to be iconic and popular, INLA has great lyrics great vocals but the catchy pop Melody is missing imo

You say so because IWALY and MHWGO are "established". Everybody knows their melody because everybody heard them while INLA just came out.

INLA melody is just as powerful and heart-wrecking as IWALY and MHWGO.

Economy
5 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I disagree, chart positions doesn't show how much quality a song has. Like Shape of You and Despacito went #1 for more than 10 weeks and their songs are mostly about sex or a women's body. INLA can still be in the same league as IWALY and MHWGO. You are kinda saying that Shape of You is in the same league as those two songs because it hit #1, and that isn't the case. :saladga:

Isn't sex a topic like any other? Why does that automatically make it bad quality? I don't get ppls mentality on that tbh

Archived