Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

The Oprah Effect

Gagally

Featured Posts

Seems to me being in Lady Gaga's realm is akin to working with Oprah. Recall how many people Oprah made stars and wealthy? Since I am new to Monsterdom, I will let you all fill in the blanks. But being in a Mega-Star's orbit sure can help a person.

Watch As I Dive In

DiscoHeaven23

omg OPRAHHHH

when i want to cry, i go to Youtube and watch this video.

From the time i was in kindergarten, through senior year of high school, there was always one constant when i got home from school...Oprah would be on. I MISS HER

Honey most people who have worked with Gaga have literally stopped working or already had careers before her.

I literally know no one in Gaga's orbit who she has helped made famous. Only like DJWS. And that's only a maybe.

Didymus

Can you give an example? I mean, I get you're "new" as a fan but surely there must be something that made you think this was true?

Because as Seeka said above me, I don't know if even a lot of seasoned fans know a good example lol, I know I don't.

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Honey most people who have worked with Gaga have literally stopped working or already had careers before her.

I literally know no one in Gaga's orbit who she has helped made famous. Only like DJWS. And that's only a maybe.

Literally this :cryga:

Its ok, I can wait. One of the reasons I keep coming back to this site is there is always someone who agrees with me, even if they dont express it publicly. 

Watch As I Dive In

Okay, let's go over most of her collaborators.

Rob Fusari: Maybe. But he has proven himself a fame ***** and not worthy of Gaga's trust 

Redone: I'm pretty sure he's made stuff before Gaga.

Tami Chynn: Not even heard of.

Space Cowboy - Cowboy Bebop is more famous and has more fans.

Lina Morgana: Dead.

Nikki Gregoroff: Wrote and sung My Sweet Passion for Amy Rose before ever meeting Gaga.

Colby O Donis: literally has no career

Flo-Rida: Famous before and after Gaga.

Fernando Garibay: Has had a career before and after Gaga.

Trina: Career before and after Gaga.

Kaleena: Literal nobody before and after Gaga.

Beyonce: I don't even 

Britney Spears: Do I even?

Florence Welch: Can't even.

Bloodpop: Before Gaga was Blood Diamonds. So yeah he had a career. Plus, I'm sure he'd be happy making vocaloid songs for the rest of his life.

Zedd: Famous before and after Gaga 

Madeon: You may have this one. Though I heard of him before Gaga. So I doubt he would have never been picked up by an artist.

Mark Ronson: Uptown Funk.

I could go on, but I don't have all day 

Now, Gaga brings out the best in other people but I doubt she is why they're famous.

Now, if we're talking about Helen Greene, that one boy who sung Paparazzi (can't remember his name) then yeah. She made those peeps famous.

But she never really skyrocketed enough people to have an Oprah effect.

Not to mention an Oprah effect is not always a good thing 

3 hours ago, Seeka said:

Not to mention an Oprah effect is not always a good thing 

I like your last statement, appreciate your  response. I guess all the people I was thinking of had their own thing going before Gaga. Fair enough.

I also like the concept of people getting better after collaborating w/ Gaga.

Watch As I Dive In

Florian
4 hours ago, Seeka said:

4 hours ago, Didymus said:

Can you give an example? I mean, I get you're "new" as a fan but surely there must be something that made you think this was true?

Because as Seeka said above me, I don't know if even a lot of seasoned fans know a good example lol, I know I don't.

I'd say Nicolas Formichetti, DJ Snake and Brandon Maxwell. But beyond that I don't know who else :/ 

Chickens in Malibu

For those who don't know Gaga did help Zedd and DJ Snake secure record deals and rise to Fame.

She's the one who discovered them and got them record deals in Interscope. If you're unsure google it...

Archived