Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
throwback

The Joanne-EP that never happened

AStarIsBorn21

Featured Posts

AStarIsBorn21

Back in summer of 2017, Gaga said she was “absolutely” planning on bringing new music to the Joanne World Tour. And while she didn’t perform any new ones the first few tour dates, many people still had the idea she would soon. Even fans that went backstage recalled Gaga asking if they would be interested in a Joanne EP full of unreleased songs and demos, the same fans that said Gaga performed a bit of Frankenstein to them (A track RedOne later confirmed was real). During this time we were also getting new photoshoots and images of Gaga in a very non-Joanne aesthetic, which Gaga even performing The Cure in, a song which had been released months earlier, at the AMAs. At the beginning of 2018, Gaga released the piano version of Joanne, which seemed a bit weird for Gaga, since she’s not really the type of artist to release non-album songs. 

To me, I feel like the idea of a Joanne EP was very likely to happen, which could’ve featured The Cure, Frankenstein, and even the Joanne (Piano Version). I think she planned on releasing it late 2017, but it for some reason never took off. Maybe she release Joanne (Piano Version) solo because she had filmed a music video for it and didn’t want that to go to waste after canceling the EP. What do you guys think? Do you believe a Joanne B-Side EP was likely, and why do you think it might have been canceled? 11-C34-DEB-0362-4-D49-8-BD0-EB30638208-C

HighwayFantasy

Omg, I almost forget the existence of these f*cking epic photos that she posted randomly on her IG :giveup:

I have a feeling that the ASIB writing took more focus than she had initially anticipated since we know she was doing it for awhile.

So she actually talked about releasing an EP? I've always felt that she's not much of an EP fan. "The Fame Monster" happened only because the hype of The Fame, in my opinion. She was so young and she was a money-making machine to her label. She always talks about that. I'm such a fan, but I think we really need to accept that she's not gonna be releasing EPs and deluxe editions or whatever very often. She's more free now than back in 2008-2012 and, IN MY OPINION, that means less music. I hope I'm wrong tho.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

VoldeLorde2

I'm still so curious about what she was planning for early LG5 with RedOne up to the sessions from late 2017 to early 2018. She could reuse those songs, but knowing Gaga, she won't:messga:

7 minutes ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

I'm still so curious about what she was planning for early LG5 with RedOne up to the sessions from late 2017 to early 2018. She could reuse those songs, but knowing Gaga, she won't:messga:

she may reuse parts of it or them in future songs and we wouldn't even know lol

Smother Em Eh

I think it was just some songs she had in mind/ or she was gonna release them but they got scrapped. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

TEANUS

I think when ASIB was supposed to come out in September she was gonna put out something (b-sides, EP) in early 2018, then when ASIB got moved to May she decided to hold it till before Enigma later in the year, then when ASIB got moved back to October it got shelved then because of her fibro

But I strongly think she intended to release a solo album/ EP of some sort sometime this year but things kept changing. Still think a single/ EP with Enigma is a go

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

AStarIsBorn21
16 minutes ago, McYves said:

So she actually talked about releasing an EP? I've always felt that she's not much of an EP fan. "The Fame Monster" happened only because the hype of The Fame, in my opinion. She was so young and she was a money-making machine to her label. She always talks about that. I'm such a fan, but I think we really need to accept that she's not gonna be releasing EPs and deluxe editions or whatever very often. She's more free now than back in 2008-2012 and, IN MY OPINION, that means less music. I hope I'm wrong tho.

TF, BTW, CTC, and Joanne all have extra editions with new music so I’m not sure what you mean. I think she just hates the word deluxe. But I’m not sure why she’d be apposed to an EP? TFM isn’t really an EP anyway, not in her eyes. In fact I remember in an interview she said she had to make her label release it, because they didn’t believe she had a full piece of work prepared so soon. Also her first jazz compilation is an EP (A Very Gaga Christmas). 

Just now, AStarIsBorn21 said:

TF, BTW, CTC, and Joanne all have extra editions with new music so I’m not sure what you mean. I think she just hates the word deluxe. But I’m not sure why she’d be apposed to an EP? TFM isn’t really an EP anyway, not in her eyes. In fact I remember in an interview she said she had to make her label release it, because they didn’t believe she had a full piece of work prepared so soon. Also her first jazz compilation is an EP (A Very Gaga Christmas). 

Yeah of course. What I meant was, I know "TFM" is an album in its own right. I'm always arguing with people about that, actually, if she says it's an album then it's a ****ing album. But for the music industry, it's an EP, a bunch of new songs to serve exaclty as an EP, an extended play of The Fame. She obviously did it in the most artistic and more conceptual and deepest way, but for the industry was like "she's destroying every chart with the Fame, just keep her releasing songs". I don't know if I'm wrong, but I feel that since ARTPOP she's more free of that system and she's never gonna be as active as in 2008-2012 in terms of music releases. And AGAIN, I hope I'm wrong.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

ShockPop

I have a thought.

What if they push the extended ASIB to cinemas in December, featuring the full ITA, BIC & DMG scenes and rerelease the soundtrack with optional "Ally Album" add-on with her pop songs plus a few little extras and the photoshoots could be used for that.

Or it's for her makeup line. 

Schizophonic

the idea of releaseing an album about a dead aunt including a track called "frankensteined" really is iconic.

Archived