đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I want Shallow to go downhill on the charts soon

Andreu

Featured Posts

LateToCult

I’d rather have Shallow pushed until it naturally drops. We don’t know if any other song on the soundtrack will be a hit so to stop Shallow so another song can do better seems pretty useless.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlayGagaloo
2 hours ago, Free My Mind said:

They aren't even promoting Shallow like a single? Yeah it's been picked up by radio, but it's not being promoted like a single in the slightest.

Interscope officially sent it to radios 

It's been added to the biggest Spotify playlists 

The music video was uploaded to her official channel 

This is equal or more to any actual single released by any artist nowadays... 

How is it not a single? 

Over.

mistylake
4 hours ago, Versace said:

I agree this isn't an album by Lady Gaga. Its a soundtrack, most soundtracks rarely have more than 2 singles. In most cases, the only reason a second song is pushed off a soundtrack is to get soundtrack sales or promote the movie. Both the soundtrack and movie are doing amazing and the fact the song they pushed/are pushing is also doing really well, there is no need to push another song. Next single should be LG6 related, I get what you mean. When LG6's Lead comes out, the last single the GP will remember is Shallow which has positive connotations in terms of commercial and critical success, thus people will view her next single coming from a positive light, unlike the transition from MTN to Applause.  

3 hours ago, Free My Mind said:

Um I don't know what you're getting at... I knew the soundtrack would chart as well as a usual Gaga album, but that doesn't mean that the soundtrack will be promoted as a normal Gaga album. Point to me a soundtrack where there have been "single era's". They aren't even promoting Shallow like a single? Yeah it's been picked up by radio, but it's not being promoted like a single in the slightest.

They are simply releasing videos for several of the songs in the movie to promote the movie as a whole, that is all. None of the songs are really designed to be bigger than the movie.

Well, the last movie with the soundtrack from the actress is "The Bodyguard".

Maybe there are some other movies like that flopping that I'm not aware

How many singles were promoted back then? 

I will always love you, I have nothing, I'm every woman, Run to you

I don't see why ASIB can not be treated the same

SwissMonster

I doubt there will be another song reaching the fame of that song (speaking from charts)...so I am fine if it stays there :vegas: 

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Free My Mind
58 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

Interscope officially sent it to radios 

It's been added to the biggest Spotify playlists 

The music video was uploaded to her official channel 

This is equal or more to any actual single released by any artist nowadays... 

How is it not a single? 

It has been sent to radio to promote the movie yeah, but it has never been described as an official single. The look what I found video and I will never love again video have also been released? are they singles?

I'm just saying, this is not a conventional pop album, it's a movie soundtrack and is being treated as one.

Henri Bardot

That song will be a hit in Japan/ Korea (in like 2 months :huntyga:). 

I know hot 100 doesn't give a **** about other countries than the US but still.

Also Im pretty sure INLA will be promoted during award season.

pooiota

Gaga4stef

Whether they are designated as singles or not there are other songs on the soundtrack worthy of their own release. Listen to the radio and most of the music from the current ASIB is better than anything you hear. It would be a shame to not give other strong contenders the promotion they deserve.

Every time we say goodbye baby it hurts

DonnieDarko
21 hours ago, Free My Mind said:

It has been sent to radio to promote the movie yeah, but it has never been described as an official single. The look what I found video and I will never love again video have also been released? are they singles?

I'm just saying, this is not a conventional pop album, it's a movie soundtrack and is being treated as one.

Shallow is a single. It was sent to radios, it has a playiga/allaccess promo, it has a music video, it still has a quite big Spotify promo. It basically has *all* the things a song nowadays has to be called a single. With all of that, there is no need to have anyone officially calling it a lead single. 

Free My Mind
22 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Shallow is a single. It was sent to radios, it has a playiga/allaccess promo, it has a music video, it still has a quite big Spotify promo. It basically has *all* the things a song nowadays has to be called a single. With all of that, there is no need to have anyone officially calling it a lead single. 

Whether or not Shallow is a single is by the by. My point is it is not being promoted as Gaga usually promotes a single, and the soundtrack is not being promoted as Gaga usually promotes an album. That is because it is not a usual Gaga album but it is a soundtrack.

I really do not expect there to be multiple single "era's". I suspect there will be a few more videos featuring highlights of the movie in the coming weeks and months. 

Soundtracks usually have a song that gets popular and is sent to radio... Shallow is that for ASIB. Nothing more, nothing less.

• 3 months later...
On 10/23/2018 at 7:01 PM, Free My Mind said:

Um I don't know what you're getting at... I knew the soundtrack would chart as well as a usual Gaga album, but that doesn't mean that the soundtrack will be promoted as a normal Gaga album. Point to me a soundtrack where there have been "single era's". They aren't even promoting Shallow like a single? Yeah it's been picked up by radio, but it's not being promoted like a single in the slightest.

They are simply releasing videos for several of the songs in the movie to promote the movie as a whole, that is all. None of the songs are really designed to be bigger than the movie.

It charted better than usual Gaga albums tbh

On 10/23/2018 at 11:23 PM, Henri Bardot said:

That song will be a hit in Japan/ Korea (in like 2 months :huntyga:). 

I know hot 100 doesn't give a **** about other countries than the US but still.

Also Im pretty sure INLA will be promoted during award season.

Honey, Award season is almost over. 

KatieJudasGaga4
2 minutes ago, TMM90 said:

Honey, Award season is almost over. 

That user posted it in October btw

Archived