Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Bad Kids is so hated in this base?

Featured Posts

IAmNotHere1997

Bad Kis was on repeat back in the day. It was the song that transitioned me from fan to stan. The song that made me a little monster!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FRANK1991

I think from a pure melody/instrumental stand point it's a pretty decent pop song

but for some reason when it becomes the studio version something just doesn't work 

her screaming vocals and this rock metal vibe is just not working for me, also the weird censoring 

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Helxig

I didn't realise it was so hated. I think it's a great song.

The song is written from the collective perspective of kids she was meeting on the road. It's common stories her fans would tell her about how they feel insecure, useless, like a lost cause whose friends and family have given up on them.

She tells their stories from their perspective and then sings "don't be insecure; if your heart is pure you're still good to me, (even) if you're a bad kid, baby"

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Neight Shayde

This is the first time i'm reading reactions like this for BK. It's one of my favorites from the album..

Helxig
5 hours ago, Maleficent said:

I just don’t get the “give me ur money/or I’ll hold my breath” line. Can someone pls explain what it means?????

Holding their breath is something that children do to get what they want. It's a comment about young, rebellious teens who immaturely extort their parents for money.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Shimizu Yumeaki

How could someone hate 'Bad Kids'? I loved it since the first time I listened to it. And I still want to hear the version with the lyrics that got cut off.

https://spoti.fi/2J0FsHs

Didymus

It's sad 'cause it really is one of the best songs on that album imo, always has been.

A few reasons, I think (but worth saying I like the song):

1) The lyrics are cheesy whether intentional or otherwise. Plus, together they stand as the most ham-fistedly preachy on BTW which people tend to not like in music (again, intentional or otherwise is not important in this case)

2) It probably has the largest contrast between verses and chorus of any Gaga song. They nearly sound like they belong to two different songs. It's jarring which can rub people the wrong way

3) It's not the most empowering but *is* the one that tries the hardest to be lol

I personally find the chorus to be whatever most of the time, but I love her delivery on the verses. It's got such a defiant, rebellious swagger about it that works. I get why she contrasted that with the chorus which was vulnerable, but ya know, sometimes it just doesn't always work. That's cool.

when I'm in the mood for it, it is my all-time favorite song on earth. actually, this statement applies to entire Born This Way album as well :huntyga:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Where did you determine that the fanbase hates this song? GagaDaily does not reflect the majority of her fanbase, it makes up maybe 5%. 

Archived