đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Death of Pop Music

monster4life231

Featured Posts

Honestly this seems reminiscent of the past when rap was really heavily popular with Lil Kim and Eminem being popular. Then Gaga showed up and innovated on pop. Here’s another time for her to rise and change the landscape. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlopSlurper
1 hour ago, Cody James said:

Kylie Minogue, Katy Perry, Little Mix, Taylor Swift say hi! Yes, some of Swifts and Minogues had influences, but they own the pop genre well. 

1 hour ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Reputation, Witness, Glory... :poot:

Reputation and Witness weren't pure pop, REP had hip-hop and urban influence. Witness had soooo much urban influence. Regarding Kylie I haven't listened to her album but wasn't it country influenced? And little mix, well, I said established pop girls :poot: The only pop album that was mentioned that was a real pop album is glory, but that was like 2 years ago.

MaryJaneHolland
5 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

Reputation and Witness weren't pure pop, REP had hip-hop and urban influence. Witness had soooo much urban influence. Regarding Kylie I haven't listened to her album but wasn't it country influenced? And little mix, well, I said established pop girls :poot: The only pop album that was mentioned that was a real pop album is glory, but that was like 2 years ago.

Just because those albums don't sound like 2012 David Guetta/Dr. Luke stuff, doesn't mean they aren't pop :awkney:

Arturo

Gaga just released an amazing album with the Pop streaming hit Shallow. Its alive and well. Just cause Shallow isnt bubblegum Britney nonsense doesnt mean it’s not Pop.

Other “Pop” songs on the charts right now with Shallow include Happier, Better Now, and Youngblood

FlopSlurper
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

Just because those albums don't sound like 2012 David Guetta/Dr. Luke stuff, doesn't mean they aren't pop :awkney:

They don't have to sound like sister david and sister puke to be considered pop :awkney: I said they were INFLUENCED by other genres, not just pure pop, that was my point, not that they weren't pop at all :madge: Reputation IS heavily influenced by hip-hop and urban (I hope I'm talking about the right genre :poot: ) and Witness does have urban influence, just like joanne and rainbow having country influence and sweetener having r&b and trap influence, they aren't releasing pure pop albums anymore :madge: 

MaryJaneHolland
4 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Gaga just released an amazing album with the Pop streaming hit Shallow. Its alive and well. Just cause Shallow isnt bubblegum Britney nonsense doesnt mean it’s not Pop.

Other “Pop” songs on the charts right now with Shallow include Happier, Better Now, and Youngblood

Okay but Shallow is dead ass country-rock, mind explaining how it's pop? :air: Yeah pop is more than bubblegum and Britney, but Shallow couldn't be further from pop :air: 

VoldeLorde2
7 hours ago, Dominic said:

She's still "The meat dress girl" and I think she'll always be that. It was way too iconic, arguably her most iconic moment. 

Yeah but now she's known as a talented woman that used to put on outrageous outfits, like the meat dress. Back then people thought she was crazy. There is a level of respect she has now that she didn't have then. 

Quartz

Pop never dies. It evolves.

Pop is literally what's 'pop'ular so the Urban and Hiphop trend we have charting now is technically pop. Disco was pop before, so was Rock. It's a genre that evolves with the times.

Inside, we are really made the same. đź•Š

Honestly at this point I don't think it matters if it's pop, rock, disco, whatever. She proved she can make any style she chooses unique and that her artistry resides in that uniqueness and not in a rigid genre. She has way too many things to do to still think about going back to pop just to please the fans!

Head Empty

This is just a random pop music fan claiming his opinion, just like most of us do on here all the time. There's no logic or theory behind the video other than quick judgements and wishful thinking.

PartySick

2 flop eras? Is he talking about the platinum albums ARTPOP and Joanne? The latter of which was loved by critics, the former loved by fans? :emma: how can he sit there and compare an album full of bops with an era full of stunts and eccentricity that was purely meant to make her famous to a personal collection of songs that only her fans would understand fully?

RedOne is washed up :ph34r: he keeps trying the same thing to repeat the success they found with Gaga's first singles rather than evolving and trying something either new or at least current :ph34r:

And she's not hiding in a country box, hunty, she's just out of the genre box all together :gaycat: expand your horizons or stan someone else :gaycat: Her fame and success is established, she doesn't need to be the rah rah bitch anymore :laughga: girl rakes in stacks daily, she can do whatever tf she wants :laughga:

Xoxo, PartySass

đź–¤

ANTI WP
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

2 flop eras? Is he talking about the platinum albums ARTPOP and Joanne? The latter of which was loved by critics, the former loved by fans? :emma: how can he sit there and compare an album full of bops with an era full of stunts and eccentricity that was purely meant to make her famous to a personal collection of songs that only her fans would understand fully?

RedOne is washed up :ph34r: he keeps trying the same thing to repeat the success they found with Gaga's first singles rather than evolving and trying something either new or at least current :ph34r:

And she's not hiding in a country box, hunty, she's just out of the genre box all together :gaycat: expand your horizons or stan someone else :gaycat: Her fame and success is established, she doesn't need to be the rah rah bitch anymore :laughga: girl rakes in stacks daily, she can do whatever tf she wants :laughga:

Xoxo, PartySass

:applause:

wonderlanddynasty

Pop music isn't "dead". I mean, how could it ever be? We have so many talented people out there who keep it alive. Pop Music is  evolving, that's all ...

Archived