💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Death of Pop Music

monster4life231

Featured Posts

FlopSlurper
1 minute ago, Monster7 said:

Name an artist that didn't evolve anything from his/her initial sound 15-20 years into his/her career and was still successful:poot:

Yeah as I said earlier I’m not talking about charts, I’m talking about the artists themselves. Pop is dead to the GP, and rap is the new thing, but also pop girls aren’t even releasing pop albums so it’s not like they are trying to revive it, that’s what I meant :poot: 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic
4 minutes ago, Monster7 said:

artworks-000027040443-ldle0u-t500x500.jp

A close second. She's not called "the girl that killed herself at the VMAs". Its always been the meat dress. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

FentyGa
3 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

Yeah as I said earlier I’m not talking about charts, I’m talking about the artists themselves. Pop is dead to the GP, and rap is the new thing, but also pop girls aren’t even releasing pop albums so it’s not like they are trying to revive it, that’s what I meant :poot: 

Britney says hi

Head Empty
24 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

It has nothing to do with charting, it’s more with the artists themselves. Name one pop girl that released a pure pop album in the last 3 years :poot: 

... Katy and Taylor? :poot:

Andreu
1 hour ago, corvus albus said:

Let's call it stupid and superfluous before i find stronger words :excuseu:

I need to give to react with THX and LMAO at the same time sksksk

Cody James
40 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

It has nothing to do with charting, it’s more with the artists themselves. Name one pop girl that released a pure pop album in the last 3 years :poot: 

Kylie Minogue, Katy Perry, Little Mix, Taylor Swift say hi! Yes, some of Swifts and Minogues had influences, but they own the pop genre well. 

MaryJaneHolland
47 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

Reputation, Witness, Glory... :poot:

Patrick Garcia

I agree with him till he starts talking about how she needs RedOne. Please... I hope she drops another pop album but it doesn't need to be produced by RedOne. For example, Shalow's chorus is very classic Gaga and yet she didn't need RedOne to write it. She can team up with another good dance/pop/electronic producer so she can transform those ballads into great bops, isn't it what she has always done? First she compose on the piano and then the songs become whatever she wants.

Another point: when Million Reasons came out, few people (almost none) said that it should be the first single. After it became a hit, people act like they know something about choosing singles. Perfect Illusion is one of her best songs, even with its repetitive second half, and I'm glad it was a single. A-YO should have been a single, maybe the first because it fits more with the overall sound of the album, but PI as a single is good. Dancin' in Circles deserved a single treatment more than John Wayne.

It didn’t die, it’s just not the same as we knew it before, it changed 

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Gov Hooka

this is really stupid...

love it when online pop stans push this myth that pop music is dead lolll

y'all still can't differentiate between the overarching genre pop and the subgenre of electropop/dancepop. So when you say pop is dead just say you wish more of the pop music today sounded like the electropop bops of the early 2010s... 

Archived