Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The Cure & ASIB

Opulence

Featured Posts

Opulence

Sorry I’m sure this has been discussed before...

but is it known how The Cure came about? Was it written as an Ally song then Gaga liked it and released it for Sonja? I mean it fits the sound they were going for with Ally’s pop songs and the album art looks like Ally, plus she released it when ASIB was in production

homomo

djws basically said somewhere that it wasn't made for the film

But we all know that's obviously a lie

KatieJudasGaga4

I think that The Cure was made during the same time they were making the ASIB songs and they just released it as a single.

derpmonster

The Cure sounds like Heal Me but from an inverted perspective.

While in Heal Me, Ally is asking this other person to heal her and be there for her (i.e. referring to Jack), in The Cure, Gaga herself is gonna be the Cure, she's gonna be the one who heals. The Cure is also trendier and honestly more Gaga than Heal Me.

It was recorded at the same time as many ASIB songs but I believe that lyrically it wouldn't fit in with ASIB. All ASIB pop songs had some hidden/implicit meaning that made sense with the plot.

One could say that Ally could be "The Cure" for Jack with his addiction problem, but they would have to change the timing a bit. In the movie, when she's singing all these songs like Heal Me, she's hurt and she's asking for Jack to accept her fully. :) It's later on that she really gets on the same page as him and wants to help him.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Chromatislaps
15 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

While in Heal Me, Ally is asking this other person to heal her and be there for her (i.e. referring to Jack), in The Cure, Gaga herself is gonna be the Cure, she's gonna be the one who heals. The Cure is also trendier and honestly more Gaga than Heal Me.

It was recorded at the same time as many ASIB songs but I believe that lyrically it wouldn't fit in with ASIB. All ASIB pop songs had some hidden/implicit meaning that made sense with the plot.

One could say that Ally could be "The Cure" for Jack with his addiction problem, but they would have to change the timing a bit. In the movie, when she's singing all these songs like Heal Me, she's hurt and she's asking for Jack to accept her fully. :) It's later on that she really gets on the same page as him and wants to help him.

Maybe ASIB could have had a different ending if The Cure was in ASIB originally, or could have had an extra scene to showcase the struggle and how she tries to help him :lolly: 

GagaUnderYou
3 hours ago, pachinko said:

The Cure is Gaga's worst song. Don't come near ASIB perfection. :ohwell:

Heal Me > The Cure

someone needs a hearing test

Oriane
4 hours ago, pachinko said:

The Cure is Gaga's worst song. Don't come near ASIB perfection. :ohwell:

Heal Me, WDYDT and Hair Body Face are not so good either... To me they're all on the same level, wayyyyyy under all of her other songs.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Joshie S

If you really get into the STORY Gaga was telling at Coachella, The Cure could be seen as Gaga reflecting on the ARTPOP era.

She always said, from the Marry The Night video... her past is like an unfinished painting, and as the artist of that painting, she has to fill in all the ugly holes. I honestly think that The Cure is about ARTPOP and everything she went through, and that she'd still be here for us even through that level of mess and pain, and that she would always fix us with her love.

The chair that is the primary The Cure visuals, also reminds me of this chair, however.. it's just filled in. Random%2520J%2520pop%2520280713%2520Ladytumblr_opahs6EhJ81qff2ilo1_400.gif

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Didymus

The lyrics definitely sound like Ally material.

I think it's as DJWS said: they recorded it for ASIB, it didn't fit anywhere, but they liked it so released it anyway.

Well it sounds a lot like the other pop songs from ASIB, so I do believe that it was just an outtake from there that they decided to release as a single. Just the overall style, the way she sings it, etc., it just all sounds like Ally's pop music. 

Glamourpuss
6 hours ago, derpmonster said:

I've been thinking the same thing. Like these songs just feel like they were made at the same time. 

jojostanforlife

I think what he meant was that while they were created during the session for 'A Star is Born', they weren't created for the movie/Ally as a character. Almost as if 'The Cure' was a warm up for songs like 'Heal Me' and 'Why Did You Do That?'.

Archived