Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is that suppose to..... *spoiler*

VTV

Featured Posts

..end like that?? Gaga and Bradley were great actor and the soundtracks were amazing but...

It seems like they never polished the narrative for the last act of the film. Im so triggered for some reason :air:

It personally affected my experience when she sang the last song because it felt like a dud. Jackson ending it all like that? Seems too predictable and not so progressive for me.

Maybe im just overhyped af. Maybe i forgot that Ally was never meant to be perfect, neither of them. And thats the whole point of this remake?  :giveup:

Can someone Heal Me?

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

tbh I agree with you, they rushed so fast for the end I feel like it could have been a lot better, I didn't feel it as an emotional ending

but still, the rest of the movie is awesome!

... and now i just sit in silence.

Spoiler

Well, all the other ASIB films ended with the male protagonist killing himself, and the female protagonist becoming a star. I don't think they would change the main plotline that much. In my opinion, the movie's last 10 minutes perfectly explain the industry and society today. Gaga sacrificed herself for him in true love, while the manager was basically the catalyst of it all. The final song is the true Ally, a moment where a star was truly born. I feel like Jackson's suicide pushed Ally to rethink her previous songs and thoughts and be her real self. 

I like dancin', and ponies....

hpmcmill

I have two spoiler questions about the ending:

Spoiler

1. When Ally says "I'll send a car to get you" - why does he need to come later? Why can't he just go with her to the show when she goes to the show?
2. Why does he get in his own car later? I know he is grabbing his pills from the dashboard - but isn't there supposed to be a driver there to pick him up?

Loved the movie tho!! Just a couple questions. 

Reality

I thought the ending was beautiful though. All of the other ASIB movies end in a similar fashion, so it's not like that this ending was completely originally anyway. 

I don't know what this says about me, but I love ambiguous and tragic endings. I think that it's much more realistic, and it's a departure from all the 'happy endings' we get in movies and tv. I also think that when endings are ambiguous it requires some creative thinking on the audience's part to think about what could have happened after that.

As for Jack's decision to commit suicide, it's not like it was completely unwarranted. There were a lot of hints throughout the movie that suggested he was going to do it. Also Gaga and Bradley both describe the final shot of the movie (when Ally stares directly at the audience) as the moment a "star is born," which I think is really poetic. 

🃏🖤👹

PlastiscGuy
1 minute ago, hpmcmill said:

Hide contents

1. When Ally says "I'll send a car to get you" - why does he need to come later? Why can't he just go with her to the show when she goes to the show?
2. Why does he get in his own car later? I know he is grabbing his pills from the dashboard - but isn't there supposed to be a driver there to pick him up?

Spoiler

2. To free up some space in the garage so he can hang himself? :poot:

PG.

hpmcmill
Just now, PlastiscGuy said:
  Hide contents

2. To free up some space in the garage so he can hang himself? :poot:

Fair point!

FATCAT
Just now, hpmcmill said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

1. He'd have had to wait around at the venue for hours and hours, and he just got out of rehab. Not great to jump into that scene that caused his issues.

2. Well, he said he'd drive, so the car never came because it wasn't supposed to. He got into his car so he could hang himself. He took the pills to have one last final "ride" before he died.

MASSIVE SPOILERS

Purr more, hiss less.

Just now, hpmcmill said:

Hide contents

He wanted to "come later" because he wanted to do what he did. And no, he wanted to go by himself

hpmcmill
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:
  Hide contents

1. He'd have had to wait around at the venue for hours and hours, and he just got out of rehab. Not great to jump into that scene that caused his issues.

2. Well, he said he'd drive, so the car never came because it wasn't supposed to. He got into his car so he could hang himself. He took the pills to have one last final "ride" before he died.

MASSIVE SPOILERS

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, hpmcmill said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ikr.. I think Bradley shouldve done more research about certain aspects of the script. Not only for the latter part but for the early parts as well. Sorry if im ranting nonsense :emma: 

5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I thought the ending was beautiful though. All of the other ASIB movies end in a similar fashion, so it's not like that this ending was completely originally anyway. 

I don't know what this says about me, but I love ambiguous and tragic endings. I think that it's much more realistic, but I also think that when endings are ambiguous it requires some creative thinking on the audience's part to think about what could have happened after that.

As for Jack's decision to commit suicide, it's not like it was completely unwarranted. There were a lot of hints throughout the movie that suggested he was going to do it. Also Gaga and Bradley both describe the final shot of the movie (when Ally stares directly at the audience) as the moment a "star is born," which I think is really poetic. 

I dont have a problem with the plot..its just that the execution couldve been better to appeal to a wider audience. Oh god i sound so salty :emma:

What do you mean though? Like it was rushed?

It's a love story adapted from the 1930s, it's not meant to be progressive.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

2 minutes ago, gag said:

What do you mean though? Like it was rushed?

It's a love story adapted from the 1930s, it's not meant to be progressive.

This modern remake could've adapted with today's society

Just now, L A D Y G A G said:

Its a modern remake which could've adapted with today's society

The suicide is waaaaaay too ingrained into the lore of A Star Is Born to ever be taken out or changed significantly, I think you just went in with different expectations. Also male suicide rates are still very high currently, so it's relevant to today's society regardless.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

2 minutes ago, gag said:

The suicide is waaaaaay too ingrained into the lore of A Star Is Born to ever be taken out or changed significantly, I think you just went in with different expectations. Also male suicide rates are still very high currently, so it's relevant to today's society regardless.

You're right. *sigh* 

Anywho, im got high hopes for an Oscar Nomination and win ♥♥

Archived