Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

WDYDT wasn't meant to be good

Rolodex of Hate

Featured Posts

adamsenigma
2 hours ago, tomdsgn said:

I’d compare it to a song from Ariana Grande’s new album. Cheap current mainstream pop.  :huntyga:

Sweetener is not really cheap and current. The only "mainstream" sounding song on that album is God Is A Woman.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leblanc
1 minute ago, RadioIsOurs said:

I'm just saying it's not the best argument to critique a song based on repetition... 

I know but I don't think anyone believes WDYDT could become a classic hit like Hey Jude.

The thing is, whatever argument anyone wants to use, it is designed to be lacking something (whatever that is) to serve the narrative in the film and while I do kinda like the song in a guilty pleasure way, it's a guilty pleasure for a reason :selena:

Coven Season

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, ThatBish said:

I know but I don't think anyone believes WDYDT could become a classic hit like Hey Jude.

1 hour ago, Saaby said:

If you want bad listen to Jewels and Drugs, Bad Kids and Donatella. Let's not put Gaga in this category of this wasnt her song and it was for ally, because the former songs I mentioned are alot worse then WDYDT

I won't say that WDYDT is bad (although I don't like it) but please please remove Bad Kids and Donatella from here :laughga:

TropicOfCANCER

Regardless of the intention, the song isn’t good. But still better than HBF, which is an abomination. 

Heal me> wdydt> hbf

allys quality decline is so real. 

tomdsgn
39 minutes ago, adammonroe said:

Sweetener is not really cheap and current. The only "mainstream" sounding song on that album is God Is A Woman.

Actually yeah, if anything it’s retro. Pharrell using the same loops he used with Mariah Carey a decade ago. 

9 hours ago, MrA said:

I won't say that WDYDT is bad (although I don't like it) but please please remove Bad Kids and Donatella from here :laughga:

Donatella is one of her worst songs lyrically and production wise its awful. You cannot even understand what she is saying in the chorus.

LEXTERdoodles

I think, it was not meant to be bad, it was meant to be a "shallow" track that the GP will devour... at least for Bradley.

DONAJENDRO

It's not meant to be good or bad. It's just meant to be there as a point in the plot where she begins seeing major success. 

Mad Onna

Gardevoir
13 hours ago, Rolodex of Hate said:

I agree, but I wouldn't categorise it as Gaga's worst as I don't think she would ever release anything like it, I think it might be Ally's worst.

Don't act like Gaga never released songs 'like that'. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Archived