Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Joanne Act 2

ARTPOPIllusion

Featured Posts

ARTPOPIllusion

A Star is Born truly and honestly feels like Joanne act 2.... except ASIB has some of her best bops and ballads. PERIODt. 

A Star Is Born>>>>>Joanne

plus we get to hear daddy Bradley's gruff country voice :flutter:

angels forever, forever angels

shoful

ASIB is so much better than Joanne. Excluding Perfect Illusion tho

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Mister Gaga

ASIB is much superior in my opinion. MUCH.

And a different piece of work, indeed. I mean, Shallow alone outdoes Joanne. Add Always Remember Us This Way, Is That Alright?, I'll Never Love Again...an EP of those 4 songs on it's own is superior! 

ARTPOPIllusion
3 minutes ago, shoful said:

ASIB is so much better than Joanne. Excluding Perfect Illusion tho

Joanne to me, is honestly a great album. I also have a strong emotional connection to it, since it’s the first time I saw her in concert, ever! But I agree that ASIB is way better overall :cryga:

TheSlash

Joanne gave me the country influences I didn't know I needed :diane:  :tony: . And ASIB gave me PopGa I desperately needed since she's been teasing ha Pop comeback with The Cure :giveup:  :diane:  :firega: 

Ew, David!

I'm a fan of Joanne ... Million Reasons is still one of Gaga's absolute BEST songs.  Fight me.

That said ... The ASIB soundtrack blows Joanne out of the water.  The soundtrack turned out being everything I wanted and so much more.

I adore both! However I can't see any form of connection between them; they just have such different storylines. Joanne feels like a very personal album Gaga made about her past, for herself, while ASIB OST is a collaborative effort between Jackson and Ally which I could not separate from the film. 

GagaUnderYou

Both different and good in their own ways. Joanne was grander in the sense of being an official Lady Gaga album with interviews, live performances, tour. 

I do think ideas for Joanne were used for the ASIB soundtrack. Like Shallow and Deep Blue were probably written around the same time as they are similar in lyrical content and are both produced by Ronson. The songs used in the movie were most likely done by December 2016-early January while Gaga was rehearsing for the Superbowl. 

derpmonster
43 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

I adore both! However I can't see any form of connection between them; they just have such different storylines. Joanne feels like a very personal album Gaga made about her past, for herself, while ASIB OST is a collaborative effort between Jackson and Ally which I could not separate from the film. 

Yes!

And let's not act like Joanne's production wasn't flawless. It wasn't really a GP album. But it has a special place.

ASIB is her album with beautiful, beautiful ballads and is amazingly done in a way that's likeable to everyone, fans and GP alike.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

River

Joanne was too USian for me, I didn’t feel connected to it.

ASIB is pretty universal.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

A Hybrid
1 hour ago, HairBow said:

Million Reasons is still one of Gaga's absolute BEST songs.  Fight me.

I’ll fight. It has a very basic chord progression (only thing we can judge the instrumental from, since it has basically zero melody), it’s one of Gaga’s worst lyrical works:

You're giving me a million reasons to let you go
You're giving me a million reasons to quit the show
You're givin' me a million reasons
Give me a million reasons
Givin' me a million reasons
About a million reasons

So outside instrumental and lyrics, we have vocals, which is really good I’ll admit, but I don’t think it’s one of her best. We’ve had Yoü And I, The Edge Of Glory, Angel Down (Work Tape), Joanne (Piano) and most of all, Cheeck to Cheek

No family’s safe when I sashay

FadMadonsterStan

Well I’ve listened to ASIB 100+ times more in the last weeks then I did with Joannes whole last two years:huntyga:

Don't go for second best, baby Put your love to the test

Archived