Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I wished ASIB was longer

mattbri

Featured Posts

mattbri

I saw it and it was EPIC. However, I wished it was longer; the pace was so fast (especially after she gets recognised as an artist) and many of the songs were not fully included. I think it would have been better if it was like a 3-hour movie, rather then 2:15.

Anyway I just preordered the DVD :queenga: 

• mattbri changed the title to I wished ASIB was longer
HausOfMark
19 minutes ago, mattbri said:

I saw it and it was EPIC. However, I wished it was longer; the pace was so fast (especially after she gets recognised as an artist) and many of the songs were not fully included. I think it would have been better if it was like a 3-hour movie, rather then 2:15.

Anyway I just preordered the DVD :queenga: 

this is exactly what I said. I felt some sequences were FAST

-Mark

Monster7

I would have made the wedding scene longer, including a scene in the after party with Ally singing ITA?

Other than that, it's perfect

The Louvre

I think the pace suddenly went really fast, but that's okay! It's a movie and you need to keep the audiences attention.

I do think that Maybe It's Time was played a couple times. Could easily be replaced with Diggin' My Grave once. Litteraly my only critique cause I love DMG so much.

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

Reality

The pacing was the only issue I really had with the movie. On one hand, I thought that it might have been a little long, but on the other hand, I feel like it was a little rushed. There were some points in the movie where I noticed the length and that sort of annoyed me. However, there were other points in the movie (particularly the second half) where I felt like everything just zoomed pass by quickly. I felt like overall the movie was a good length, but the journey of Ally's character was a little rushed. Everything happened too quickly for her, which I mean, I can't really complain about since it's not like [realistically] creating a character who goes from a "nothing" to a "something" is easy to do.

🃏🖤👹

Same! Tho the thing I wish was that the movie delved more into ordinary Ally - I wanted to see her struggle to make it but ultimately didn't make it, her taking on kobs she didn't want, and her dynamic with her dad (which was SOOOOO GOOD the little time they were together!!! I need a spinoff sitcom). I was okay with the second part - I think that's how it should just go.

androiduser
12 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

However, there were other points in the movie (particularly the second half) where I felt like everything just zoomed pass by quickly. I felt like overall the movie was a good length, but the journey of Ally's character was a little rushed. Everything happened to quickly for her, which I mean, I can't really complain about since it's not like [realistically] creating a character who goes from a "nothing" to a "something" is difficult to do.

the thing I noticed is that the first part of the film needs a much longer time to show a mush shorter story, and then everything starts happening very quickly in the second half.... which is a bit awkward because Ally's initial success happens almost overnight, but it takes half of the movie, and then the bigger career is just a series of clips in the background.

Like I couldn't even blink because I would have lost something

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Reality
33 minutes ago, androiduser said:

the thing I noticed is that the first part of the film needs a much longer time to show a mush shorter story, and then everything starts happening very quickly in the second half.... which is a bit awkward because Ally's initial success happens almost overnight, but it takes half of the movie, and then the bigger career is just a series of clips in the background.

I agree, but I guess that makes sense though. You need to establish both Ally and Jackson and you need to establish their characters, backstory, etc. You also need to establish the reasons why their relationship turns into what it does at the end, which means taking a longer amount of time setting things up in the beginning. 

🃏🖤👹

RAMROD

Bish, it's already longer than it should. If it is any longer it would be dragging on, just like First Man does, and it's only 4 minutes longer than ASIB :triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

androiduser
59 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I agree, but I guess that makes sense though. You need to establish both Ally and Jackson and you need to establish their characters, backstory, etc. You also need to establish the reasons why their relationship turns into what it does at the end, which means taking a longer amount of time setting things up in the beginning. 

of course, I understand why the first part takes some time, for the reasons you mentioned... but it does make the second half a bit too fast in comparison, things just fly by.

Archived