Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"Wicked" movie should come for Gaga

MACATL

Featured Posts

I've been thinking this for years, but I believe now is the time for "Wicked" the movie to be made and that none other than Lady Gaga should be cast as Elphaba.  I just think she's made for that role, and it would be absolutely huge.  

1 minute ago, BenG said:

No way she can sing defying gravity

I think she could, actually, and possibly better than squeaky Idina.  Sorry - not a huge fan of her voice.  

River
1 minute ago, BenG said:

No way she can sing defying gravity

even the glee gurl could sing it so why gaga can't?

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

4 minutes ago, River said:

even the glee gurl could sing it so why gaga can't?

That’s a watered down version lol :toofunny: 

I don’t think Gaga’s voice is ideal for Elphaba. It’s very rich and deep but Elphaba should have a clearer, higher tone.

Gaga's high note in Edge of Glory, when she climbs up the edges, is a D.  Idina's high note at the end of Defying Gravity is literally just 1/2 step up from that. 

2 minutes ago, Ty3009 said:

I don’t think Gaga’s voice is ideal for Elphaba. It’s very rich and deep but Elphaba should have a clearer, higher tone.

Elphaba can certainly have a richer, fuller tone...while STILL hitting the notes.  I mean, why not?  Would be an improvement actually.  :ohwell:

GypsyBabe
18 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

idk I'm not a fan of the green.

But Gaga looks so good in green! 

Spoiler

pnlMDnHfj

⚯͛

3 minutes ago, MACATL said:

Gaga's high note in Edge of Glory, when she climbs up the edges, is a D.  Idina's high note at the end of Defying Gravity is literally just 1/2 step up from that. 

The highest note is actually an F. And it’s not the “me” but one of the “ah”s. Idina didnt follow the sheet music and did her own runs in the recording. 

GypsyBabe
7 minutes ago, Ty3009 said:

It doesn’t have to though. Different interpretations of characters are interesting. 

⚯͛

sethrb101

It would be so ****ing iconic and I would LIVE. I'd even live for her doing Glinda

Spoiler

A Parent Trap moment? :stalkga:

vanidad.es_viajar-pareja-sobrevivir-rela

It'd be legendary

#Gaga2020

1 hour ago, BenG said:

The highest note is actually an F. And it’s not the “me” but one of the “ah”s. Idina didnt follow the sheet music and did her own runs in the recording. 

I believe Gaga is capable of hitting an F quickly when singing... Her performance for DWUW in the AMAs actually contains that note...

In the early stages, when Gaga was singing Captivated, she sang a G in it... (I know her voice goes deeper now, but she can still belt out an F I think...)

lolitamuse

I'm sorry sis, but Gaga's voice is not made to be Elphaba. Elphaba needs a very particular type of belt that Gaga doesn't have--even if she can hit the notes, it doesn't mean her timbre fits the role. Whatever you want to say about Idina, Elphaba was literally composed for her voice type (and tbh Idina sounds amazing live, I saw her several times in If/Then on Bway and she was flawless). Elphaba needs that very thin, nasal, tinny belt that lives in the chest. Gaga's mix is too lofty, has way too much space in the back of the throat for it to sound right. 

Archived