💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

"Shallow" Radio Details: Pop, HAC

California Gold

Featured Posts

Radios won't be playing this at all. Interscope must've regretted not pushing Eminem's Venom (from the eponymous SMASH hit movie) , which is killing it on Youtube and Spotify as well as overshadowing ASIB's tracks on these platforms.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, California Gold said:

LADY GAGA & BRADLEY COOPER
“SHALLOW”

DEBUT #36* +283

#8 spin gainer

IMPACTING NOW!!!

ADD DATE 10/15

A Star Is Born is the #1 selling album in the country

Shallow is the #1 selling single 2 weeks in a row

#1 iTunes song

#1 iTunes album

#2 movie

Over 29 Million Spotify

Over 35 Million video views

Early adds include KBIG Los Angeles, WTMX Chicago, KIOI San Francisco, KLLC San Francisco, KDMX Dallas, WRQX Washington DC, WWBX Boston, KIMN Denver, KMYI San Diego, WMTX Tampa, WLTJ Pittsburgh, WBZZ Pittsburgh, WOMX Orlando, WQAL Cleveland, WSNE Providence, WTIC Hartford, WDVI Rochester, WRVE Albany, KRAV Tulsa, KQKQ Omaha, WMHX Madison, WMGV Greenville, WMGX Portland, WCDA Lexington, WEZF Burlington, WSJO Atlantic City and more!

http://playiga.com/track/lady-gaga-bradley-coopershallow/

That's for HAC... The pop adds are outdated.

HorusRa2

Because Pop radio is ageist & misogynistic with a glittery facade, I’m not surprised to see Pop hesitating. 

If Gaga was 23 again, it’d already be smashing. 

HAC/AC has taste though. 😍

3 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

Because Pop radio is ageist & misogynistic with a glittery facade, I’m not surprised to see Pop hesitating. 

If Gaga was 23 again, it’d already be smashing. 

HAC/AC has taste though. 😍

It can actually smash but at a slower pace and as you said if she was 23 it would be a lot easier. Nevertheless she is not that old to begin with. Sia is 42 and she is a darling for pop radio.

jojostanforlife

I don't think it's because pop radio is ageist. It's probably because the song doesn't really fit amongst the rest of the current pop songs they're playing right now. 

I'm sure it'll pick up eventually, especially if the callout scores are good amongst audiences and the song continues to rise on Spotify and Apple Music (I think this is what radio programmers look at the most). 

derpmonster
3 hours ago, jojostanforlife said:

I don't think it's because pop radio is ageist. It's probably because the song doesn't really fit amongst the rest of the current pop songs they're playing right now. 

I'm sure it'll pick up eventually, especially if the callout scores are good amongst audiences and the song continues to rise on Spotify and Apple Music (I think this is what radio programmers look at the most). 

I think it is. Adele songs never really "fit" and neither did Ed Sheeran's ballads but radio played it.

The thing with Sia is she's an enigma. No one knows that much about her.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

jojostanforlife
18 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I think it is. Adele songs never really "fit" and neither did Ed Sheeran's ballads but radio played it.

The thing with Sia is she's an enigma. No one knows that much about her.

It plays a part but I don't think it's the main reason. 

The Cure not getting radio play is ageism since it fits with the rest of radio, but I think Shallow has other things potentially hindering it.

Honestly why does Interscope exist? Warner Bros is clearly superior. OT: but will never understand why Madonna switched... they treated her like a queen at WB and like a cash cow at Interscope 

9 minutes ago, jojostanforlife said:

The Cure not getting radio play is ageism

U gotta elaborate on that sis 

jojostanforlife
7 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

U gotta elaborate on that sis 

Meaning it was on trend and fit on pop radio, therefore the factors hindering it's airplay were much smaller (meaning ageism is a much more likely explanation). 

Biden Harris 2024

I live in Albuquerque, NM. I listen to the radio alot because I drive Uber. The DJ's hinted at the "box office smash" this weekend and it took them an hour to get to it. Ok, i got baited for an hour and of course, it was about ASIB and how it is transcending music and pop culture. Ok they went on and on and on... and talked about Shallow and guess what they played - Poker Face. I thought I was gonna hear Shallow for the first time here on radio. Here's one thing I know for a fact now. Radio will not play a song without a check no matter how relevant it is. Not even a top 5 hit:noparty:

derpmonster
14 minutes ago, AllThingsGaga said:

I live in Albuquerque, NM. I listen to the radio alot because I drive Uber. The DJ's hinted at the "box office smash" this weekend and it took them an hour to get to it. Ok, i got baited for an hour and of course, it was about ASIB and how it is transcending music and pop culture. Ok they went on and on and on... and talked about Shallow and guess what they played - Poker Face. I thought I was gonna hear Shallow for the first time here on radio. Here's one thing I know for a fact now. Radio will not play a song without a check no matter how relevant it is. Not even a top 5 hit:noparty:

Part of me is hoping they'll do it starting tomorrow because impact date.

The reason Interscope sent so late was probably to already have it established and then build longevity.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Biden Harris 2024
8 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Part of me is hoping they'll do it starting tomorrow because impact date.

The reason Interscope sent so late was probably to already have it established and then build longevity.

I think Interscope is handling things as well as they could not knowing the impact the movie and soundtrack would have. If you look on the bright side, the DJ's praising ASIB is better promo than 1 spin. :applause:

Blackwillow
2 minutes ago, ThatAsianGuy said:

#2018radioisours :firega:

Streisand’s nose was too big. Garland’s nose was too small. Gaga’s nose was just right so 2018 radiousours :ladyhaha:

Archived