💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Gaga set the blueprint for being a chameleon in the industry?

Fanta

Featured Posts

Serial Chiller
8 minutes ago, scallywally said:

No. Love her respect her but c'mon. Without Madonna there would be no gaga. Madonna is the blueprint. Its her we should thank for paving the way for fans to have Gaga. If you ask gaga seriously, shed agree.

What kind of reasoning is this? Geez

NCgaga

I'll agree. Gaga set the bar higher, but she didn't come up with it. Cher, Bjork, Marilyn Manson, Iman, David Bowie, were all doing similar things, prior to Gaga. But like Stated, Gaga came on so strong, that she switched the game up. She had Nicki, Beyonce, Katy all switching up their style or sound. I dont think anyone has shook the industry as strongly as Gaga did in the past 30 years. Madonna is the master of transformation. Where she lacks in comparison with talent to Gaga, she has HEAVILY influenced gaga on Chameleonism. 

C1trus
1 hour ago, scallywally said:

No. Love her respect her but c'mon. Without Madonna there would be no gaga. Madonna is the blueprint. Its her we should thank for paving the way for fans to have Gaga. If you ask gaga seriously, shed agree.

That's what the media wants us to think but no. 

You're just being unfair to David Bowie (lightning bolt, being artistically odd), Michael Jackson (BR has Thriller vibes),  Warhol (popart) , and many other influencers. They equally paved the way to Gaga's artistry. 

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

While people are correct in pointing out the influences of artists like Bowie, Madonna, Cher and others - I do think Gaga built upon that concept of reinvention and dialled it up to 11 - especially early in her career.

While those that came before her changed their look up every album cycle or so, in her peak she was reinventing her look every single day with new hairstyles, new hair colours, new clothes. You can look at pictures all taken in a year of the icons mentioned before and you can see "This is what Madonna/Cher/Bowie looked like this year" while with Gaga it's totally new looks.

This is how Bowie looked in 1970

Spoiler

ae79c3931d206ac5b9a138816fd92b4a.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg1168786.jpgDavidBowie1970.jpg

This is how Cher looked in 1980

Spoiler

27.jpg27550d8ac2cc1bda3f67e836b6147653.jpg2a00c314e144a313_landinghqdefault.jpg

This is how Madonna looked in 1990

Spoiler

2ad174df8b7a09f2d7efa85945cd91aa.pnge7746f374a927504ad2b577b09a3c55d.pngClassico_San_Fransisco_246_003_front.jpghqdefault.jpg3866112842_fd2304dd1d.jpg

This is how Gaga looked in 2010

Spoiler

lady-gaga-lace-dress.jpglady-gaga-white-layered-dress-brit-award104037765.jpglady-gaga-grammy-award-red-carpet-2010-1lady-gaga-amfar-gala-2010.jpgLady%20Gaga-thumb-400x495-153258.jpgLady-GaGa-Performs-Paparazzi-In-Saturdayladygaga.jpeg

She was obviously inspired by the reinvention of the artists that came before - but she kinda created a new blueprint. 

Ziggy
11 hours ago, Bio said:

Girl have you ever heard of Cher, Michael, Madonna, Bowie, Prince and many many others?

I was going to say...Bowie got into finance and sold bonds based on the value of his music (Bowie Bonds) hahaha He's also starred in theater (The Elephant Man, I think), produced a theatrical show (Lazarus), been in movies, music (duh), fashion, etc. Actually, I think Bowie probably did the most with Cher coming up very shortly after. Hell, even musically, Bowie changed up a lot more than Gaga has to tremendous effect. Everyone says that Gaga wouldn't exist without Madonna, but I'd argue that Bowie was even more critically important to Gaga. Every Madonna thing Gaga has done largely seems to work its way back to a Laurieann Gibson project which is something Laurieann admitted to doing.

I think Bowie is who really gave modern artists the room to express a variety of interests and express them however they like more so than Madonna. Madonna was a huge paver, but she paved because of an icon like Cher or Bowie, etc. So to this end, Gaga's going to do the same thing for artists while also having been given said chance by the mavericks that came before her.

Archived