Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

God's Own Country

GeeYewWhai

Featured Posts

GeeYewWhai

A super underrated LGBTQ+ film and just film in general. I think it was due in part to the fact it was released right before Call Me By Your Name. No hate on CMBYN, it's a great movie, but this movie deserves the same acclaim.

God's Own Country is written and directed by Francis Lee and stars Josh O'Connor and Alec Secareanu.

image.jpg

950d64eedb3e923fbc243ffc5d8f025c.jpg

gods-own-country-2017-004-alec-secareanu

The story telling is beautiful. The acting is spectacular. And honestly, I felt a lot more for these characters than in CMBYN. There are just some scenes are so amazingly shot and written. It's simple but done perfectly.

Also an added bonus: the sex scenes are really hot.

It's a must watch.

Spoiler

also Alec Secareanu is f**king hot. ESPECIALLY in this movie

god-s-own-country.20180104014544.jpg

tumblr_ozu77fNe901u2116qo1_500.jpg

_uXPAxmN_400x400.jpg

Nothing Happened

Trxstan

UGH THIS MOVIE IS GREAT I WATCHED IT TWICE!!

I also really enjoyed Mario, and likewise one of the male leads is... he could commit grand larceny and I wouldn't bat an eyelash

MV5BYjI4YjJkZjItN2I0MC00NjQyLWE2YmMtMGNh

Mario-film.jpg

mario.tif-h_2018.jpg

mario-8.jpg

220px-Aaron_Altaras.jpg

(he looks like Shawn Mendes here :saladga::deadbanana:)

woop hey there keep scrolling

I really liked it. Very compelling, and heartbreaking. Glad there was a happy ending for them.

It’s such a vast, wide film- just like its setting.

3 points in and ready for more

FRANK1991

yes I prefer it over Call Me By Your Name

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Neight Shayde

Literally everyone who praises this film just can't help but include a trash on CMBYN. Every. single. time. I don't know why.

It's a cute film, but i'd rather watch Brokeback Mountain.

GeeYewWhai
2 minutes ago, BrothaGaga said:

Literally everyone who praises this film just can't help but include a trash on CMBYN. Every. single. time. I don't know why.

It's a cute film, but i'd rather watch Brokeback Mountain.

"No hate on CMBYN, it's a great movie, but this movie deserves the same acclaim."

Nothing Happened

Pacify Him

Ugh! I wanted to make a thread on this before but yes! It is such a great movie :applause: The mood. The cute romance. The emotional ending. Ugh he is such a great actor too. I saw him in Bridgend first. Also, Georghe is really cute :sara:

I’m getting on your nerves

• 9 months later...
Regina George

I think it’s overrated honestly and that it shouldn’t be representing gay relationships because in this movie they are represented as toxic, filthy, sex filled mess which is not a true representation. Movies like this are extremely problematic because it shows gay people as promiscuous and like they don’t want relationships. But hey it’s just my opinion.  

Miel
31 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I think it’s overrated honestly and that it shouldn’t be representing gay relationships because in this movie they are represented as toxic, sex filled mess which is not a true representation. Movies like this are extremely problematic because it shows gay people as promiscuous and like they don’t want relationships. But hey it’s just my opinion.  

I liked the film on its own, and it presented its own compelling characters, but in the larger scale I agree with you.

It'd just be great to have more queer movies across all types of cinematic genres, stereotypes or not. It'll even the playing field. Like, the bar is so low that we gag if gays get a happy ending/nobody dies.

3 points in and ready for more

corvus albus
20 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Why do you all need to trash CMBYN? :oprah:

Because it's a movie about a grown man seducing an underage teen :selena:

Guest Adarsh
26 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Because it's a movie about a grown man seducing an underage teen :selena:

But 17 is the age of consent in Italy :what:

Archived