Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

The Scene with The Gold Dress

TheGagaOfItAll

Featured Posts

TheGagaOfItAll

i was kind of shook at that yellow dress she wore it was uh 

who decided on that dress...it's not even kitschy in a good way. i was legitimately confused about the choice in dress after to the point it frustrated me and theres NO photos online of it. :messga:

EDIT: IT'S ALLY NOT GAGA but i was still like : | 

Nobody's gonna heal me if I don't open the door

Katsuki Bakugo

Well thats Ally not Gaga. So :huntyga:

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

JazzGa

Ally has a kind of country kistch way of dressing, I think maybe it was a choice to make her look innocent?  Like the little bow on the front suggested that to me. Plus the entire scene was supposed to be humiliating, not triumphant, so the strangely bad dress (perhaps implied that it's picked out by Rez/a new staff person) adds to that. 

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

DrewPa

from the End Credits:

Dress consultant for Lady Gaga:

Spoiler

Natali Germanotta :air:

(of course the kitsch is a a choice, think about the scene

Spoiler

at the rehab, that top, combined with those trousers and little leopard boots... it's hideous. :wtfga:)

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

TheGagaOfItAll

i definitely can see how the kitschy dress was a purposeful choice for the scene, but i felt it would have also made sense to have her dressed more...elegantly i guess... to show her poise under all of the stress her new life+marriage give her 

Nobody's gonna heal me if I don't open the door

JazzGa
1 minute ago, TheGagaOfItAll said:

i definitely can see how the kitschy dress was a purposeful choice for the scene, but i felt it would have also made sense to have her dressed more...elegantly i guess... to show her poise under all of the stress her new life+marriage give her 

But then how would we get the filmographic irony of her hiding hideous yellow pee pants with a hideous yellow dress :oprah:

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

AndyDWUW

I think most wardrobe choices were made to look outlandish (like that SNL look) to show a stereotypical pop music artist.

that way this movie wouldnt be stuck with “2018” looks, but would rather have a timeless feel because that look is so stereotypical

FentyGa
On 10/5/2018 at 7:53 AM, ChristianDior said:
  Hide contents

Her entire styling as a star was allround bad. 

sis the SNL look slayed

Archived