💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Could ASIB soundtrack have similar success to The Greatest Showman??

Villanelle

Featured Posts

Villanelle

I'll be totally honest, I thought TGS was crap. The songs are nice but there's only 2/3 that are really big numbers. However it still continues to have huge chart impact, breaking records for musical songs being back in the charts etc- not to mention constantly being performed on talent shows (I swear if I hear Never Enough one more time..)

ASIB has a variety of different songs, from ballads to meaningful, from basic bops to some catchy numbers. I feel songs like WDYDT? and INLA could be big. 

I definitely think ASIB will have more staying power in the cinema i.e. when the songs start catching on to non-gaga fans, they will wanna check out the movie.

The Greatest Showman is a terrible movie and the soundtrack is tacky as **** lol. But it's what the GP loves. I don't see the same success for ASIB. 

AndrewGr

If I have to be honest, probably not. The songs from TGS were commercial/catchy af and extremely radio friendly. However, ASIB as a movie will have much more longevity than TGS.

djBuffoon

For what it's worth, bias aside, I think ASIB has substantially better music than TGS.  Far less preachy and sugary, more poignant and just flat-out fun to listen to. I trust that, especially once people experience the songs in context, the soundtrack will be a massive hit.

NIGHTCRAWLER

If they manage to promote it well of course ! They just have to choose the right singles ! and that means : Is That Alright, WDYDT and one song with Bradley, why not Diggin my Grave

Bradley

Depends on the longevity of the movie. If it turns out to be a huge box office hit, then music will soar as well.

DiscoHeaven23
17 minutes ago, PersianHunty said:

Lil wayne will block it from #1

his streaming numbers have rapidly declined. The top song has already gone from streaming in the 4 millions a day to streaming in the 1 millions (in the US). And it's still the first week. Next week, those numbers will be lower. He had a lot of fanfare the first few days cuz people missed him and wanted to check his new stuff out, but it seems to be fading now.

I have faith for ASIB soundtrack

The BPD Monster
18 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

his streaming numbers have rapidly declined. The top song has already gone from streaming in the 4 millions a day to streaming in the 1 millions (in the US). And it's still the first week. Next week, those numbers will be lower. He had a lot of fanfare the first few days cuz people missed him and wanted to check his new stuff out, but it seems to be fading now.

I have faith for ASIB soundtrack

One of my friends has told me that it's predicted to sell 250k in its 2nd week and I think ASIB has no chance to debut higher than 250k. Well, it's not Gaga's fault. Streams ruined everything… 

DiscoHeaven23
6 minutes ago, PersianHunty said:

One of my friends has told me that it's predicted to sell 250k in its 2nd week and I think ASIB has no chance to debut higher than 250k. Well, it's not Gaga's fault. Streams ruined everything… 

ugh yes they did.

Andrea B
1 hour ago, AndrewGr said:

If I have to be honest, probably not. The songs from TGS were commercial/catchy af and extremely radio friendly. However, ASIB as a movie will have much more longevity than TGS.

ASIB is extremely radio friendly too :messga: apparently half of the album is pop and even the ballads are perfect for singles 

Andrea B

ASIB will be more successful, I mean... Their lead single was ''This is Me'' and it peaked #58 :messga: while shallow is not even the lead from ASIB and will debut at #33 or higher and probably reach top 20 or top 10 in the next weeks 

Archived