šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

question

Anyone else surprised (and happy!) of how praised and anticipated ASIB is?

Villanelle

Featured Posts

Villanelle

I certainly am, and I haven't been this hyped for something Gaga related since ARTPOP (I did like Joanne but the era was quite underwhelming to me personally- we all have our favorite albums/eras!).

When it was announced that Gaga was going to be in this film and we saw on set pics etc, I of course knew I'd go and see it, but I never expected it to become this huge thing. I suppose partly because Gaga was a part of it and does get criticised in the media quite a bit, I just couldn't see it being huge?Ā 

But when the reviews started coming in a few months ago, I was pleasantly surprised and now the coverage it is getting is brilliant. I'm happy it's doing so well and that Gaga's abilities are getting noticed on a bigger scale.Ā 

A lot of people (non fans) say that Gaga is an amazing but hasn't necessarily got the songs that showcase this, but this film now allows everyone to see and hear that. It's a special thing!

sampool

I remember when this site was hoping for a 75% on RT,Ā we really didnā€™t see this coming.

Xoxo Adriana

This is more than what I (and everyone else) was expecting. I guess it's because Gaga usually doesn't promote her music as heavily as she use to with her first three albums...ARTPOP really wasn't promoted correctly Imo. She always had potential with every album she released, but promotion these days has really levelled up and I don't think GagaĀ was dealing with promotion well on her own. With the help of Warner Bros and Bradley I think Gaga is really gonna become as relevant (or as big) as she was during the peak of her career in 2010! Or we would at least like to think she could really have that potential.

On the funny side, my mum was never really interested in Gaga. Didn't hate her, but wasn't a fan. I told her about Gaga starring in the remake of ASIB way before the promo started, and she said that it wouldn't be as good as the Streisand version that she loved so much. One day, the ASIB trailer popped up on her Facebook feed and she ran to me telling me how good Gaga was in the trailer, and emphasising that she really wanted to see the movie badly. Also she has "Shallow" on her phone and doesn't stop listening to itĀ :ladyhaha:Ā Ā 

DaftFameMonster
2 hours ago, Kylie Jenner said:

my mum was never really interested in Gaga. Didn't hate her, but wasn't a fan.

Also she has "Shallow" on her phone and doesn't stop listening to itĀ :ladyhaha:Ā Ā 

Maybe she's just a mini cooperĀ :huntyga:

LaLuna

Oh definitely. The fact that this the third remake of ASIB and that acting is not Gaga's main job... Let's just say I was very skeptical. But I'm so SO happy I was wrong. Honestly, I don't think things could've turned out better.

Damon

Yeah, I'm actually more hyped than I've been in the Joanne era to be honest

I love watching how happy and proud Gaga looks, and howĀ she has been serving looks, music, and now a movie to usĀ :giveup:

... and now i just sit in silence.

Villanelle
16 hours ago, Antonoff said:

Yeah, I'm actually more hyped than I've been in the Joanne era to be honest

I love watching how happy and proud Gaga looks, and howĀ she has been serving looks, music, and now a movie to usĀ :giveup:

100% agree. I am far more hyped for this than Joanne. I know this is a different scale, but the songs are already better than Joanne (in my opinion). We all have our favorite albums and eras. For example I loved ARTPOP but a lot hate it. It's just personal taste.

Archived