💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

For people who oppose listening to ASIB leaks

Head Empty

Featured Posts

Kattys

The fact that you saw what happened to Gaga when her music was leaking and you still listen to leaks bothers me deeply :saladga: You can wait few days...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kattys

Also: by spreading leaks you are supporting this culture of not respecting the artist. It’s sad.

Nirvana

I'm not listening cos they are far too difficult to find :laughga: and also its just a few days I can wait

Juanlittlem
15 hours ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Do you also not listen to unreleased tracks or otherwise leaked Gaga material?

Is there a moral or logical difference for you?

Think of songs like Brooklyn Nights, Out Of Control, or Red Flame. Video footage like the DWUW video. Or even unreleased demos of Bad Romance, Mary Jane Holland or Applause. It's all stuff that Gaga purposely decided not to release. It's all stuff that was most likely illegally acquired, uploaded and shared, without any mind for commercial property and against Gaga's intended artistic vision. And bare in mind that some of the mentioned material (namely unreleased songs) might for all we know still be used in future projects (e.g. a collection of B-sides, or for future albums like Earthquake > FOHL).

Besides people choosing to "spoil" the movie for themselves (a personal choice they're allowed to make), what makes those "miscellaneous" leaks different than listening to leaked tracks for ASIB? The movie and its soundtrack will most definitely get showered with support (both emotionally and financially) once it's released. What makes listening to ASIB leaks more "wrong"?

This thread isn't meant to be negative towards anyone. I really admire those who have the self control to not listen to new material of their fav :laughga:, but I'm really curious to hear why these leaks seem to have a more dramatic opposition.

I just don't want to spoil myself, or get my hopes up, I mean, we'll have full songs in the soundtrack but in the film they might appear for 30 seconds and I'll be dissapointed if I get used to listen to it in full.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❀ Teletubby.

Bayonetta
15 hours ago, boomer keewatin said:

If it's meant to come out with the movie. Let it come out with the movie.

If it mean't to come out with The Fame, it should only be listened to if it came out with The Fame. 

The law of similar logic can be applied to that statement and further prove the OP's argument. 

GagaUnderYou

tbh if they hadn't screened it so many times there wouldn't be any leaks. The team behind ASIB early screenings should have a sign in for cell phones so that there isn't recording devices. So when songs got leaked it was not a surprise to me at all. 

matteonster

Maybe it’s just me but I think there’s a difference between something that is going to be released but you listen to the leaks before it comes out and something that will never see the day of light officially so you listen to the one that is available. Also remaining with te example of Brooklyn Nights: Gaga sang that herself on ArtRave.

After seeing her reacting to Joanne leaking before the official release, personally I don’t want to listen to the leaks. I don’t think at the same time that she’s bothered by us listening to unreleased stuff. But that’s a personal choice.

“Don't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are.”

Mr Mirko

Obviously we want to experience new music through the masterpiece called A STAR IS BORN. Waited whole year for this, I can wait few days more.

Unimportant: Glad that Montenegro is following the trend of Ladies night for the movie. It's tonight for girls. I can not wait to watch it #thirsty

FRANK1991

I was just too busy and too lazy to search for them this time around lol :lmao:

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

I watched every day during the period of the ARTPOP leak.  Gaga was devastated.  She then released the album a week early, because of the leaks.  But all the promo, talk shows, etc were scheduled based on the original release date.  Because of this, the release didn't occur with the intended splash and the era got off to a messy start.  To make matters worse, Gaga was blamed for moving the release date because people thought she moved it to hurt Katy's release.  People don't realize that hurting another artist goes against everything Gaga stands for, and she would never do that.  But she was blamed and lost popularity.  The entire ARTPOP era was damaged because of the leak of the album.  Gaga's career was damaged because of the leak.  Here, on GGD, many were loving that it was leaked and were praising the leaker.

Side note:  Gaga leaking Aura was a totally different matter.  Gaga wanted it as a lead single, but Interscope wouldn't allow it, so Gaga took it into her own hands to leak that one song anyway.  It was her way of "releasing" a lead single in a sense.

Imo, the situation of the leak of ASIB soundtrack, if it really has leaked, is not so much a problem with the listeners unless they will purchase or stream less after the release, but it's a big problem with the leakers.  I believe the leakers should be severely punished, such as their accounts on the platforms should be closed.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Rudz Xinc

That's because I want to listen to them for the first time when I watch the movie

Look at those clowns

bloody g

I'm not listening to the leaks bc I want to watch the movie first, what you're saying doesn't make much sense :poot:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐹𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Archived