❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
question

For people who oppose listening to ASIB leaks

Head Empty

Featured Posts

Head Empty

Do you also not listen to unreleased tracks or otherwise leaked Gaga material?

Is there a moral or logical difference for you?

Think of songs like Brooklyn Nights, Out Of Control, or Red Flame. Video footage like the DWUW video. Or even unreleased demos of Bad Romance, Mary Jane Holland or Applause. It's all stuff that Gaga purposely decided not to release. It's all stuff that was most likely illegally acquired, uploaded and shared, without any mind for commercial property and against Gaga's intended artistic vision. And bare in mind that some of the mentioned material (namely unreleased songs) might for all we know still be used in future projects (e.g. a collection of B-sides, or for future albums like Earthquake > FOHL).

Besides people choosing to "spoil" the movie for themselves (a personal choice they're allowed to make), what makes those "miscellaneous" leaks different than listening to leaked tracks for ASIB? The movie and its soundtrack will most definitely get showered with support (both emotionally and financially) once it's released. What makes listening to ASIB leaks more "wrong"?

This thread isn't meant to be negative towards anyone. I really admire those who have the self control to not listen to new material of their fav :laughga:, but I'm really curious to hear why these leaks seem to have a more dramatic opposition.

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Head Empty
Just now, SHALLOW said:

YAAAASSS END THEM ALL! :vegas:

Kinda goes exactly against my last paragraph but thanks for commenting :vegas:

Borislshere

I was opposed to everyone begging and ruining the experience by listening to LQ leaks. This whole project is a masterpiece in my opinion and should be experienced in the best possible way. This isn’t like listening to a song demo where you can appreciate the different stages of a song. This is a final product that is meant to be appreciated as a whole. 

Especially since the album started leaking 4 days prior. Like we’ve waited over a year for it, 4 days won’t kill you lol. 

Head Empty
1 minute ago, boomer keewatin said:

If it's meant to come out with the movie. Let it come out with the movie.

If Brooklyn Nights was meant to come out, it would've come out. Yet the whole fanbase was completely okay with listening to it once it leaked.

Just one example.

SHALLOW
2 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Kinda goes exactly against my last paragraph but thanks for commenting :vegas:

No, it doesn't. They're hypocrites

Mirages

I didn't listen to them, because I wanna see them in the movie honey in its narrative and I want it to be a whole experience, but everyone is free to do whatever they want :classy:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Doncho

We are talking about a MOVIE here, where fans leaked songs 1 MONTH in advance. Its not even a Gaga solo project, its a Warner Bros and Bradley project. The disrespect is too much and even Bobby commented about it.

Head Empty
2 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

I was opposed to everyone begging and ruining the experience by listening to LQ leaks. This whole project is a masterpiece in my opinion and should be experienced in the best possible way. This isn’t like listening to a song demo where you can appreciate the different stages of a song. This is a final product that is meant to be appreciated as a whole. 

Especially since the album started leaking 4 days prior. Like we’ve waited over a year for it, 4 days won’t kill you lol. 

I understand the reasoning, but I think this argument completely comes down to personal preference. I really enjoyed my first experience with some of these leaked songs, and I personally don't think it'll affect my experience with the movie that much. So it varies from person to person.

Borislshere
1 minute ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I understand the reasoning, but I think this argument completely comes down to personal preference. I really enjoyed my first experience with some of these leaked songs, and I personally don't think it'll affect my experience with the movie that much. So it varies from person to person.

Yeah that is true but then you have people not understanding the context of the songs and getting mad thinking Gaga has become a terrible pop artist. But like you said, it all comes down to personal preference. 

Head Empty
3 minutes ago, Doncho said:

We are talking about a MOVIE here, where fans leaked songs 1 MONTH in advance. Its not even a Gaga solo project, its a Warner Bros and Bradley project. The disrespect is too much and even Bobby commented about it.

Brooklyn Nights leaked in 2014 right around Gaga's "Spring awakening". ARTPOP ACT 2 was still on the table for a lot of fans. Wasn't that the same thing? Sure, it didn't involve a movie studio, but didn't that also go against the experience Gaga envisioned for us?

hausofbrice

in my own opinion unreleased songs being leaked don't compare at all to studio tracks that have a set release date being leaked.

in may, 42 fame outakes leaked, and the reason that i supported that was because the songs were from the fame era and probably never would've seen the light of day or been used for commercial purposes. it's been 10 years, let's be honest, she would never do a fame b-sides record 

listening to unreleased songs from years ago are very different from begging for leaks to a soundtrack that has a set release date, which is literally 3 days away and begging everywhere for HQ versions. You do you, but just know you're not enjoying the media the way that it was intended to be enjoyed. 

3 minutes ago, Doncho said:

also THIS... unreleased song leaks don't affect gaga commercially because GP doesn't know/care about them, but leaking tracks from a huge protect that involves multiple companies is insane.

one more point... if you've seen the scene from five foot two regarding the joanne leaks than I have no idea how you can allow yourself to beg for/support leaks. She was destroyed, and that was because the leaks affected the commercial sales of Joanne as well... 300k listens to the leaks and 200k sales first week for the record... but she was also affected by the fact that fans couldn't wait for her to provide them new material and instead just grabbed it the second it came available... 

ASIB soundtrack has a release date and you know exactly when the HQ version is on sale, but instead you choose to ruin her timeline just because you can't wait 3 more days... and now you're making others feel bad because you probably feel guilty... 

xoxo, brice ♡

Archived