💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Waited for Gaga outside the hotel in London yesterday..

Villanelle

Featured Posts

Villanelle

(Not sure if this needs to be moved elsewhere but thought I'd tell you all about my experience of waiting for Gaga yesterday).

I was at the Kylie Minogue concert the night before and that was when Gaga had left the Ham Yard Hotel in London, so I knew she was staying there. Got to the hotel around 10.45 yesterday morning and there were around 15 fans sitting on a bench outside, so me and a friend just sat and waited. Got talking to two friendly guys who were there the night before (and who's names I never got, or twitter handles I never thought to ask for..maybe they are on GGD? One was a german guy who was great!) and told us to watch out for the number plate (and Gaga's driver) as it's indication of her potentially coming out etc. They eventually had to leave around 12.30, as did a lot of the fans who were waiting because they had the wrist bands for entry to the ASIB premiere. 

So I continued to wait and wait. Saw Gaga's stylist, saw Christian, her security etc. Anyway cutting a long story short, a huge crowd gathered around the door around 5pm and that's when the DREADED Paparazzi arrived. There were around 6-7 huge men (not being rude, but they were huge) and they stood directly IN FRONT of the car door...meaning if Gaga were to walk out, she wouldn't have had any clear space to get directly into the car. A lady (who was either something to do with the hotel, or Gaga herself) came out 4 times and politely asked them to step aside, at one point telling everybody that "everybody can get what they want (as in pics and signings "like last night" if everybody could please make some space). The paps did, but as soon as the woman went inside, they descended to the car doors again. Because of this, Gaga couldn't come out the main entrance of the hotel and had to leave via the hotel exit. I was crushed! After waiting for so long.

BUT, every cloud has a silver lining, because, feeling somewhat deflated, I walked up to Leicester Square, expecting to not see a thing (no entry pass, TONS of people), but just as I got there, I DID get a glimpse of Gaga talking on the red carpet (and a few pics and videos). So all was not wasted. It is just a shame that the paps ruined what would've been an amazing experience at the hotel door to the car. As soon as they found out she was on her way to the premiere, they were gone in a flash.

And to top it off, they were extremely rude to gaga's driver, telling him to "shut the fck up" and calling him a "w*nker". Great (I have some footage of this somewhere).

Kinda boring post but maybe good to know if ever you plan to wait for Gaga (or any celeb), it can always be an underwhelming experience!

Villanelle
26 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

At least they inspired a godly bop :vegas:

That was kinda the irony of it lol.

But what was really infuriating is they kept shouting at the crowd to "GET BACK! GIVE THE MAN SOME SPACE!" (about Gaga's driver when he tried to reverse the car) like they had some kind of authority over everybody else there. And then went on to shout obscenities at him when he stated there wouldn't be nothing for hours yet.

Another thing that I thought was disgusting was a pap telling a fan to "get a life" for waiting for 5 hours. Yet their job is following people around taking photos lol

Kinda sad you couldn’t hold her hand or anything. I was considering driving 6 hours down to London but I am really sick at home haha. 1/4 glad I didn’t reading  this tbh

Rowt ay soyng aybouwt yer eyesh, ayt ay sliysche ohf cherreh pye. Eye crei'd awl noiyght.

These are the phogoraphers who took that picture of her cat right? The night before 

Rowt ay soyng aybouwt yer eyesh, ayt ay sliysche ohf cherreh pye. Eye crei'd awl noiyght.

Villanelle

I think the most gutting thing was being so close and that she was definitely going to come out (the best news ever when you've been waiting for hours). But because they simply refused to move, it ultimately couldn't happen. Plus Gaga was on a strict schedule.

There were some pros to it though, I met some great fans. None of which I got their names! I got one guys twitter handle as my battery was dying, but lost it! So maybe he'll find me one day!? Who knows! All in all, it was worth it, as I did get to see her from afar when she hit the red carpet. I guess it's just one of those things!

I waited outside the hotel last night (after premiere) until half midnight by which time, most fans had left and i had to leave in the end, but im still gutted i didn't get to meet her.

Villanelle
19 hours ago, Emily said:

I waited outside the hotel last night (after premiere) until half midnight by which time, most fans had left and i had to leave in the end, but im still gutted i didn't get to meet her.

Ahhh sorry about that, it's gutting isn't it. I'm wondering if some of the fans from Thursday (when I was there...ALL day eek) may have been when you were waiting too.

A lot of them looked very tired when I arrived Thursday morning lol

Infinity Wave

I had the same experience at the Venice film Festival. If it wasn't for some stupid *** paparazzi I'd be here holding and hugging an ASIB poster signed by her :giveup:

Now I can just hold a poster signed only by Bradley :( Poor me :neyde:

On a serious note, the paparazzi screamed so loud and continuously pushed us monsters back so that they could take picture. One stole my umbrella (it was raining) to protect his camera from the rain. I swear I had to pull it from his hands and he was so hurt because the camera was going to be wet afterwords - all this after he pushed me back in the rows to steal my spot.

Colourful

Villanelle
17 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

I had the same experience at the Venice film Festival. If it wasn't for some stupid *** paparazzi I'd be here holding and hugging an ASIB poster signed by her :giveup:

Now I can just hold a poster signed only by Bradley :( Poor me :neyde:

On a serious note, the paparazzi screamed so loud and continuously pushed us monsters back so that they could take picture. One stole my umbrella (it was raining) to protect his camera from the rain. I swear I had to pull it from his hands and he was so hurt because the camera was going to be wet afterwords - all this after he pushed me back in the rows to steal my spot.

Yes! The disrespect shown towards everybody around them, not just the celebrity, is disgusting. Proper brutal stuff. You'd really think their lives depend on it. I had never really witnessed it up close like that before. The abuse a few of them hurled at Gaga's team and fans was totally uncalled for, whilst generally being loud and obnoxious.

Archived