Jump to content
A Star Is Born
charts

Most Female #1s This Decade

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Based on Billboard's Hot 100

This is lead and feature 

Song (peak date)

 

 

 

1. Rihanna - 9

image16.png

 

Rude Boy (March 2010)
Love The Way You Lie (July 2010)
What’s My Name (November 2010)
Only Girl In The World (November 2010)
S&M (April 2011)
We Found Love (November 2011)
Diamonds (November 2012)
The Monster (December 2013)
Work  (February 2016)

 

 

 

 

2. Katy Perry - 8

image.gif

 

California Gurls (June 2010)
Teenage Dream (September 2010)
Firework (December 2010)
E.T. (March 2011)
Last Friday Night (August 2011)
Part of Me (February 2012)
Roar (September 2013)
Dark Horse (January 2014)

 

 

 

3. Taylor Swift - 5

tmp_DOBaZi_094fad784dca95b7_main.jpg

 

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (August 2012)
Shake It Off (August 2014)
Blank Space (November 2014)
Bad Blood (May 2015)
Look What You Made Me Do (September 2017)

 

 

 

4. Adele - 4

Adele.jpg

 

Rolling in the Deep (May 2011)
Someone Like You (September 2011)
Set Fire to the Rain (January 2012)
Hello (November 2015)

 

 

 

5. Kesha & Cardi B - 3

Kesha+2018+Billboard+Music+Awards+Arrivacardi-b-2018-mtv-vma-02.jpg

 

Tik Tok (January 2010)
We R Who We R (November 2010)
Timber (January 2014)

 

 

Bodak Yellow (September 2017)
I Like It (June 2018)
Girls Like You (September 2018)

 

 

  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unbeweavable

Work was 2016? jfc that doesn't even feel that long ago :giveup:

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rumours1977
5 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

3. Taylor Swift - 5

tmp_DOBaZi_094fad784dca95b7_main.jpg

 

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (August 2012)
Shake It Off (August 2014)
Blank Space (November 2014)
Bad Blood (May 2015)
Look What You Made Me Do (September 2017)

Uninterested%20or%20disinterested.png

  • Like 2
  • LMAO 7

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Louvre

I know all except We R Who We R. Did it flop outside the US?

Your threads are always quality btw @DiscoHeaven23!

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, The Louvre said:

I know all except We R Who We R. Did it flop outside the US?

Your threads are always quality btw @DiscoHeaven23!

 

It did well in all the major music markets. I don't know which country you're from but i checked and it went top 10 in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Slovakia, South Korea, 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River

tbh I don't think features should count, especially of rap verses, it's not even 10% of the song.. idk..

Like if you listen to the stem of Beyonce in Telephone for example, her part is so minimal, she's not even in the chorus, the stem is just silent until the minute of her verse and then silent again.. so idk, I don't think it should count as one of her Top 10 or whatever.. *Hive, it's just an example, calm down*

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mulholland
6 minutes ago, River said:

tbh I don't think features should count, especially of rap verses, it's not even 10% of the song.. idk..

Like if you listen to the stem of Beyonce in Telephone for example, her part is so minimal, she's not even in the chorus, the stem is just silent until the minute of her verse and then silent again.. so idk, I don't think it should count as one of her Top 10 or whatever.. *Hive, it's just an example, calm down*

I agree in some cases, like... Britney hopping on that lazy remix of Rihanna's S&M, or Beyonce on that Ed Sheeran "remix," or a lot of Nicki's features over the last several years.

But like... Would "Girls Like You" have hit No. 1 without Cardi? I kinda think not? So why shouldn't she get credit for it? Despite Bey not having a ton of time on the song, "Telephone" without her (especially when you factor in the video) is... hard to imagine, and less memorable either way.

So as much as it sometimes feels squicky, if it counts for some it has to count for all, I guess. (Even though it doesn't, somehow? At least not on Billboard. I don't really get the rules there.)

  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River
3 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

I agree in some cases, like... Britney hopping on that lazy remix of Rihanna's S&M, or Beyonce on that Ed Sheeran "remix," or a lot of Nicki's features over the last several years.

But like... Would "Girls Like You" have hit No. 1 without Cardi? I kinda think not? So why shouldn't she get credit for it? Despite Bey not having a ton of time on the song, "Telephone" without her (especially when you factor in the video) is... hard to imagine, and less memorable either way.

So as much as it sometimes feels squicky, if it counts for some it has to count for all, I guess. (Even though it doesn't, somehow? At least not on Billboard. I don't really get the rules there.)

I honestly think GLY could reach #1 without Cardi, Maroon 5 got #1 with worst songs.. they are just loved by the GP and considered as a "serious" music...

And I think Telephone is iconic with Bey, but I gave it as an example because it's one of the few features with stems that I heard so I just gave it as an example..

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mulholland
4 minutes ago, River said:

I honestly think GLY could reach #1 without Cardi, Maroon 5 got #1 with worst songs.. they are just loved by the GP and considered as a "serious" music...

And I think Telephone is iconic with Bey, but I gave it as an example because it's one of the few features with stems that I heard so I just gave it as an example..

Maroon 5 has, especially since "Moves Like Jagger," relied pretty heavily on guest features, and I think those features do a lot of the heavy lifting for them. More than a third of their Top 10 singles have a notable feature. They've also had feature-free hits, of course, but it's hard not to look at what they do really cynically. I feel like their most recent album was received kinda lukewarmly, and the previous singles did... fine but not great? And then they get the biggest rap star in the world on a remix and it becomes their biggest hit in a while? I'm tempted to give Cardi some credit.

Anyway, it's all kinda hard to separate. I agree with you that sometimes features feel like cheats.

  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River
10 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

Maroon 5 has, especially since "Moves Like Jagger," relied pretty heavily on guest features, and I think those features do a lot of the heavy lifting for them. More than a third of their Top 10 singles have a notable feature. They've also had feature-free hits, of course, but it's hard not to look at what they do really cynically. I feel like their most recent album was received kinda lukewarmly, and the previous singles did... fine but not great? And then they get the biggest rap star in the world on a remix and it becomes their biggest hit in a while? I'm tempted to give Cardi some credit.

Anyway, it's all kinda hard to separate. I agree with you that sometimes features feel like cheats.

You convinced me on Cardi's part and I'm really happy for her success so I didn't come from a hateful thought :)

 

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mulholland
2 minutes ago, River said:

You convinced me on Cardi's part and I'm really happy for her success so I didn't come from a hateful thought :)

 

Oh, of course! I know!

I just thought you brought up an interesting point about the role features play and was rambling on.

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River
Just now, Mulholland said:

Oh, of course! I know!

I just thought you brought up an interesting point about the role features play and was rambling on.

Thanks!

What do you think about Rihanna's features in Eminem songs? she's not rapping but doing only the chorus without any extra verse.

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mulholland
7 minutes ago, River said:

Thanks!

What do you think about Rihanna's features in Eminem songs? she's not rapping but doing only the chorus without any extra verse.

I definitely don't think they're hits without her. She makes those songs. Most know the chorus to Love the Way You Lie, but who remembers any of Em's bars?

But, on the other hand, it is a little weird that she's getting a No. 1 just for singing a hook? And that so many of her No. 1s either have a feature or are her as a feature? But that is just the way things are. 

Edited by Mulholland
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

×