Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Latin pop officially OVER?

Bambino

Featured Posts

TheSlash
2 minutes ago, Rafr88 said:

Is industrial pop what SOPHIE is doing?:oprah:

Mostly, yes :lana: . She considers her musical style as 'avente-pop' (it really exists, just search for it :awkney: ).

4 minutes ago, Rafr88 said:

Pienso En Tu Mirá

:madge: Sorry, I listened to it a bit but I still don't like it :noparty: 

Ew, David!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Catnikko
2 hours ago, Bloody Grammys said:

It's pop

So is Madonna - Living for love but that doesn't mean it isn't a house song..(random example ik)

Actual patient

Bambino
8 hours ago, Matangi said:

can we ****ing stop "is (a whole racialized community pop music) over???" omg

What the ****? :toofunny: Latin pop is a thing dear. It's a thing. Unless you're joking...

3 hours ago, lovedillon said:

People can dislike it & spread fake news like Trump all they want but the FACTS are that it was a huge success lmao

Exactly!

bloody g
2 hours ago, Unbeweavable said:

So is Madonna - Living for love but that doesn't mean it isn't a house song..(random example ik)

Living For Love is not house and Despacito is not reggaeton, girl :awkney:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Andrea B
7 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

What's exactly the difference between Reggaeton and latin pop? I would have put Despacito and Échame la culpa both in the latin pop category... :huh:

reaggaeton: 

Spoiler

latin pop:

Spoiler

technically reggaeton is Latin pop since reggaeton is more popular now. Reaggeton is basically urban music, would you put Drake in the pop category? I mean technically you could cause hip hop is pop(popular) but when we think of pop we think of lady gaga, bey, Rihanna, owl city, Meghan Trainor, Taylor swift, etc. The same thing is happening in Mexico and latin America when we think of pop latin music we think about belinda, gloria trevi, julieta venegas, luis miguel, playa limbo

Andrea B
3 hours ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Living For Love is not house and Despacito is not reggaeton, girl :awkney:

despacito is reggaeton, I don't care if you're a music expert. If you ask people from Mexico, Colombia, españa, Argentina, etc they're going to tell you that despacito is reggaeton because it sounds like a reggaeton song...

Andrea B
14 hours ago, Hauser said:

Omg I didnt know Reik was doing reggaton now 😩 I like them so i may forgive it if its good.

sis even moderatto is doing reggaeton now:messga: the song is actually...good I think. its like a mixture of reaggaeton and rock 

bloody g
13 minutes ago, Andree said:

despacito is reggaeton, I don't care if you're a music expert. If you ask people from Mexico, Colombia, españa, Argentina, etc they're going to tell you that despacito is reggaeton because it sounds like a reggaeton song...

I live in Spain, I literally asked in a gc and they laughed, even my mom was shook and said it's clearly latin pop.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Andrea B
Just now, Bloody Grammys said:

I live in Spain, I literally asked in a gc and they laughed, even my mom was shook and said it's clearly latin pop.

kdsfjfkjs its reggaeton, maybe people from Spain are weird and they live in their own bubble but everyone considers despacito reggaeton in Latin America :ladyhaha: or at least in Mexico.

despacito is a latin pop song but it's also reggaeton, latin pop can be anything...literally, as long as its popular :awkney:. but if you're talking about ''old latin pop music'' then...do you think despacito sounds like an old Gloria trevi song? or Belinda? or playa limbo? or la Quinta Estacion? despactio has an urban sound aka reggaeton 

bloody g
1 minute ago, Andree said:

kdsfjfkjs its reggaeton, maybe people from Spain are weird and they live in their own bubble but everyone considers despacito reggaeton in Latin America :ladyhaha: or at least in Mexico.

despacito is a latin pop song but it's also reggaeton, latin pop can be anything...literally, as long as its popular :awkney:. but if you're talking about ''old latin pop music'' then...do you think despacito sounds like an old Gloria trevi song? or Belinda? or playa limbo? or la Quinta Estacion? despactio has an urban sound aka reggaeton 

Just because despacito grabs some influences from reggaeton it doesn't mean it is reggaeton, it is clearly pop. If you're considering pop as in intended trendy sound instead of an actual genre then yes, reggaeton comes second but if you consider pop as a genre then it's pop.

That was a mouthful :poot:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Andrea B
7 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Just because despacito grabs some influences from reggaeton it doesn't mean it is reggaeton, it is clearly pop. If you're considering pop as in intended trendy sound instead of an actual genre then yes, reggaeton comes second but if you consider pop as a genre then it's pop.

That was a mouthful :poot:

its latin pop but it's also reggaeton  :ladyhaha: even iTunes, Spotify, apple music and Google listed despactio as a reggaeton and latin pop song, even Luis Fonsi knows that 

Spoiler

Los españoles deberian pasar mas tiempo en latino america  :awkney:

On 9/22/2018 at 6:29 PM, adammonroe said:

Where do you live? That song was playing EVERYWHERE, literally. 

Not in France, I never heard it either before searching it on YouTube... And it got me shook. It's a total copy of Enrique's El Pardon

bloody g
10 minutes ago, Andree said:

its latin pop but it's also reggaeton  :ladyhaha: even iTunes, Spotify, apple music and Google listed despactio as a reggaeton and latin pop song, even Luis Fonsi knows that 

Hide contents

Los españoles deberian pasar mas tiempo en latino america  :awkney:

I think we listen to even more reggaeton here and that's why we think it's very pop :air:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Archived