Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did MTN as a single choice end Gaga's huge GP success?

edengowon

Featured Posts

PerfectGUY

You guys need to see that it didn't started with Judas but rather Alejandro's video

Then Born This Way's sound

Then Born This Way plastic horns

Then Born This Way's video

Then Judas

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShayCristoforo

I can see Judas. But can someone tell me how Judas would've had a major impact on listeners? Because I don't see bible thumpers being Gaga fans to begin with. lol

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Saint Laurent
16 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

Except I didn't. :oops:

Except you did sis, unless of course we're all off to the Royal Courts of Justice to have Baroness Hale settle this Marry the Night dispute :ladyhaha:

Mulholland
1 minute ago, Saint Laurent said:

Except you did sis, unless of course we're all off to the Royal Courts of Justice to have Baroness Hale settle this Marry the Night dispute :ladyhaha:

Yeahhhhhh litigate can be used more casually to refer to a debate or argument, sorry 'bout it.

Saint Laurent
Just now, Mulholland said:

Yeahhhhhh litigate can be used more casually to refer to a debate or argument, sorry 'bout it.

It can't actually.

Define litigation.

Mulholland
2 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

It can't actually.

Define litigation.

"relitigate (third-person singular simple present relitigates, present participle relitigating, simple past and past participle relitigated)

(transitive, intransitive) To litigate again; to sue or pursue legal remedy a second or further time.

(transitive) To dispute, debate, contest again."

Have you never heard the phrase "relitigate the past?" Do you think that means people heading off to court to literally sue The Past?

A quick Google search would have saved you some heartache here, friend. 

Saint Laurent
1 minute ago, Mulholland said:

"relitigate (third-person singular simple present relitigates, present participle relitigating, simple past and past participle relitigated)

(transitive, intransitive) To litigate again; to sue or pursue legal remedy a second or further time.

(transitive) To dispute, debate, contest again."

Have you never heard the phrase "relitigate the past?" Do you think that means people heading off to court to literally sue The Past?

A quick Google search would have saved you some heartache here, friend. 

Are you American? :oprah:

Mulholland
5 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

Are you American? :oprah:

Yes, American with a degree in writing and a job as a writer.

24 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

You guys need to see that it didn't started with Judas but rather Alejandro's video

Then Born This Way's sound

Then Born This Way plastic horns

Then Born This Way's video

Then Judas

i agree 100% i have a very clear memory of that time.

Many people hated the alejandro video, i remember my boyfriend HATED the video and he was a gaga fan. i was suprisingly dissapointed in the video because i, and many other fans, had a completely different image for how the video was going to turn out.

then when BTW came out, a bunch of kids in my school thought it was uncool to listen to her. It didn't help that the sound/lyrics were kind of cheesy and all the straights were NOT trying to sing and jam to a LGBT+ supporting song that was so open in its lyrics. so she actually lost a lot of young, str8 listeners at the time. the song did well because she had already built a powerful fansbase who was going to support anything she relesed at the time. 

Then with the constant horns and then release of Judas, it was even uncooler to listen to her because "she supported the devil." and yes thats a quote i heard many times in my neighborhood during the beginning of the BTW era.

then instead of reviving her life she releases the snoozefest that was You & I and here we are today folks :vegas:

Saint Laurent
Just now, Mulholland said:

Yes, American with a degree in writing and a job as a writer.

Perhaps it's an Americanism.

In any event, I'm afraid the word 'relitigate' is not in the English Dictionary. I assumed you added the prefix to the word 'litigate' purely as a colloquialism, but now I see that you're unwavering in your arrogance.

There is one reference to the word 'relitigate' on the internet that I have been able to find, which labels the word an archaic one. Nevertheless, as I have just stated, the word is not in the English Dictionary. As such, I'm afraid you're completely wrong.

Frankly, I don't know what a 'degree in writing' is since it's completely unspecific and, in any event, I highly doubt that there is a degree subject wherein one would be required to commit to memory archaic words, which not present in the English Dictionary.

Also, if you have a 'job as a writer' (which, again, is extremely ambiguous) I would warn against the use of archaic words in your writing so as to not appear to be an obnoxious know it all (who, in reality, evidently knows very little despite an outward display of arrogance).

Since we're in the business of throwing degrees around, I have a Law degree as as such, I think you'll find I'm very familiar with the meaning of the word litigation.

Delulu Rogers

MTN flopped cause it was the 5th single off an album cycle that was almost a year old and released during Xmas time. Not to mention an 11 minute video didn’t help it’s success and gaga at that time was super overexposed and she had lost a lot of fans by the end of the era due to how far she dove into the lgbtq theme and the controversies with Judas. If only gaga had released TEOG as the second single 😭 would have gone #1 

22 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

In any event, I'm afraid the word 'relitigate' is not in the English Dictionary. I assumed you added the prefix to the word 'litigate' purely as a colloquialism, but now I see that you're unwavering in your arrogance.

nnnn i know this is none of my business and its between yall but these essay fights got me nosey. honey relitigate shows up on my google a bunch of times as a verb.

348m69f.png

anyways, ill be going back to minding my business :whitney: 

Mulholland
2 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

There is one reference to the word 'relitigate' on the internet that I have been able to find, which labels the word an archaic one. Nevertheless, as I have just stated, the word is not in the English Dictionary. As such, I'm afraid you're completely wrong.

Frankly, I don't know what a 'degree in writing' is since it's completely unspecific and, in any event, I highly doubt that there is a degree subject wherein one would be required to commit to memory archaic words, which not present in the English Dictionary.

Also, if you have a 'job as a writer' (which, again, is extremely ambiguous) I would warn against the use of archaic words in your writing so as to not appear to be an obnoxious know it all (who, in reality, evidently knows very little despite an outward display of arrogance).

Since we're in the business of throwing degrees around, I have a Law degree as as such, I think you'll find I'm very familiar with the meaning of the word litigation.

Here's an article with "relitigate" in the title from 2016 from The Atlantic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/03/go-ahead-keep-relitigating-2016/556223/

Here's another from 2017:

https://newrepublic.com/article/145587/lets-relitigate-civil-war

So that's two headlines from reputable publications within the last two years. I found both in a search that totaled nearly 12 seconds. You claim you could only find one reference to the word on the WHOLE of the internet, and yet I've just provided two. They're both relatively recent articles, and so that's your "archaic" argument out the window. It also begs the question: are you using the same internet the rest of us are using?

I don't know how you define arrogance, but I might describe the act of you glomming on to a throwaway use of the word "relitigate" and then repeatedly doubling-down on an ill-founded insistence that the word doesn't exist or is inappropriate or archaic despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary as arrogant. But I understand you may also feel embarrassed, having initially just wanted an excuse to post a silly gif before finding yourself having to justify it (inadequately, unfortunately). And I get that. I could have just ignored it, because I know I am right — I am arrogant after all, though it is also some comfort that I can provide evidence to back up my claims — and I think, starting now, I will. So have a good one, I guess!

Archived