💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Ally's German voice is now different

kvnrp

Featured Posts

Reality
5 hours ago, Emigrante said:

This is just pure tragic. How can people do dubbing for movies when acting is not only about face expression, gestures but also and foremost about voice of the actor. D:

That's not animated movie for kids, but mature drama. Xddd I will never understand it. 

Because there are people out there who want to see the movie but may not have a good grasp of the English language... I get what you’re saying, but that’s completely ignorant. There are more languages than just English...

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Emigrante
53 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Because there are people out there who want to see the movie but may not have a good grasp of the English language... I get what you’re saying, but that’s completely ignorant. There are more languages than just English...

I'm sorry but there are more subtitles than just eglish. And that's not ignorant. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Reality
9 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

I'm sorry but there are more subtitles than just eglish. And that's not ignorant. 

Well, some people don't want to have to read their movies. If you want to talk about the "art of acting" or whatever, then just giving people subtitles takes away from their experience of actually watching the movie. 

🃏🖤👹

Emigrante
11 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Well, some people don't want to have to read their movies. If you want to talk about the "art of acting" or whatever, then just giving people subtitles takes away from their experience of actually watching the movie. 

Then I don't know what your reading abilities are. I never have any problem in reading subtitles and enjoying the film. And I don't need any dubbing to that.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Reality
1 hour ago, Emigrante said:

Then I don't know what your reading abilities are. I never have any problem in reading subtitles and enjoying the film. And I don't need any dubbing to that.

That doesn't explain how reading subtitles can take away from whatever you're portraying on screen. Honestly, if people need it to be dubbed, what's the big deal in that? Just watch whatever it in whatever language you want, there's no need to try and strip that away for other people who may want it dubbed.

Like, I watch a lot of Naruto, and contrary to a lot of other people, I'd actually rather watch it dubbed rather than subbed. It's just a matter of personal preference. 

🃏🖤👹

Mr Judas
17 hours ago, _Lam said:

It's so stupid to have these events in 2018.
I asked Cinestar in Berlin and they said it's ok even for guys, they don't really care. I'll go too! Just not gonna be there for the champagne glass. :vegas:

ShookedT and Mess :poot: calling Cinemaxx Rn :poot:

16 hours ago, M Monstre said:

No it doesn’t if you have only subtitles you learn to read and watch at the same time :madge: It’s not a problem, jesus people your brain isn’t a mush :madge:

Reality
2 minutes ago, Kattys said:

No it doesn’t if you have only subtitles you learn to read and watch at the same time :madge: It’s not a problem, jesus people your brain isn’t a mush :madge:

Like I said in another reply, there are people who would prefer to watch a dubbed series/movie. I watch/love Naruto, and contrary to what a lot of other people think, I love the dubbed episodes.

I'm not saying that people are too stupid to watch/read at the same time, what I'm saying is that people have a preference, and you need to honor that.

🃏🖤👹

On 9/16/2018 at 11:42 PM, Kulture Kiari said:

Did both of you not read my post fully?

There's people out there that can't read or write English as well. Some older generations can't even read in general. Not being messed up, but it's the truth.

Stop thinking that English is the number one world wide known language, 'cause It's not. :awkney:

ps: I speak English fluently. But working at different odd jobs, it would piss me off when coworkers would tell me

Coworker: "Yeah!!! [ENTER MOVIE TITLE HERE] looks really cool!" 

Me: "Yeah!!! It comes out next week!!!"

Coworker: "Yeah for you. I have to wait another month before it gets the Spanish audio"

Luckily, a few theaters opened up here that cater specifically for that audience, and I am here for it. If you don't like things being dubbed, just don't see it, but don't bash it either because what you don't like, other viewers see it as their lucky gem. 

I wasn’t thinking about english subtitles, stop being so ****ing arrogant. :awkney: 

I mean its ok... Better than the one in the trailer... Still going to watch it and give the queen my coins:staymad:

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

Why it has to be like some want it to be? If people want to go to see a film and not read at the same time it is their decision, who are you to tell them what to do?  Remember Gaga's words about compassion, empathy... let the others do their thing  as long as they dont  hurt anyone. 

On 9/16/2018 at 7:50 PM, Kulture Kiari said:

Hey hey, why is everyone so against dubbing on this site? I personally like seeing the film in It's original format, but I know many people who are very excited to see A Star Is Born but don't speak/understand English and can't read/write English. Let them enjoy the movie. The fact that people are excited to see Gaga in a movie is a huge milestone. 

There are tons of countries where people don't "understand" English, but the movies are with SUBTITLES. Dubbing is annoying considering you could just add subtitles and enjoy the movie the same way, all the while also learning English. 

On 9/17/2018 at 7:11 PM, M Monstre said:

Like I said in another reply, there are people who would prefer to watch a dubbed series/movie.

MOST people in countries where movies are both dubbed and subtitled ALWAYS choose the subtitled version. Only kids choose the dubbed versions of movies where I live and people are mocking Germany for only having dubbed versions.

The people you described are generally people who haven't tried subtitled versions too often, so they are used to the dubbed versions. But nearly every country that has a CHOICE chooses the subtitled versions. Just go to Poland, France, Scandinavia or other places and ask. 

Archived