Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Gaga and Bradley dethrone all acting competitors in Oscar predictions

Bradley

Featured Posts

Edible Cloud
22 hours ago, Bradley said:

bradley-cooper-and-lady-gaga-are-electri

After months long of predictions, where both Bradley and Gaga first started out on the prediction lists outside of top 5, they have climbed their way into top 5. They have gone up and down (well mostly up) for weeks, but were never predicted to win the Oscar.

Today, however both leads of A Star Is Born have surpassed all their competitors in Best Actor and Best Actress, when Lady Gaga dethroned Glenn Close, who has been sitting on top of that prediction list for months, in her first major movie role. You heard it right, Gaga dethroned six-time Oscar nominee, acting veteran Glenn Close for Best Actress.

Both actresses have 17 predictions for a nomination, and 7 predictions for a win. However, most of the experts placing Glenn on top have not updated their predictions for a while, meaning that Gaga has the latest predictions for a win, and perhaps the reason she was placed at #1 is because her 'nomination predictions' are at higher positions (i.e #2 rather than #5).

Things don't just stop there.

Bradley has surpassed Best Actor contenders like Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale and Rami Malek and now sits at #1, with 17 predictions for a nomination and 4 for a win.

In case you aren't satisfied,

A Star Is Born now leads the Best Picture race with 7 predictions for a win, the most of all movies in contention. However it sits at #2 because Roma has 19 predictions for a nomination, while A Star Is Born has 18 of it.

It's official, Lady Gaga has entered the Best Actress race for a WIN.

Reveal hidden contents

This is not definitively conclusive, no predictions are, however Gold Derby is the most accurate prediction site since it compiles predictions from different experts rather than just form its own based on one or two persons. You can check their accuracy record for their previous years predictions and see how accurate they have been.

https://www.goldderby.com/odds/expert-odds/oscars-nominations-2019/

Who wrote this ? You ?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
10 hours ago, LetsGetHigh said:

All I'm pointing out is that GoldDerby is not something you should put your total hope and belief in. It will turn extremely bitter like it did in 2016. Look at how Sam is now basically hated by most of the fanbase when the poor guy even had a GGD account. It's just toxic all around.

Why does my disclaimer always not work? Every time I make a thread about predictions I make sure to put in a reminder that predictions are not conclusive, and that is why they are called predictions, not actual results. Can't people understand that?

Gold Derby is still however the most accurate prediction site we have, most of the time 5 out of 5 or 4 out of 5 predicted nominees make it to the final list. As for Best Picture, 8 out of 10 will make it to the final list as well.

It would be unfortunate if Gaga happens to be the exception (which happened with Til It Happens to You, but hey let's not forget it got nominated at the very least) See You Again wasn't even nominated and it was the frontrunner.

Bradley
10 hours ago, River said:

idk Glenn never won one, don't let her be the Oscar's Katy..and she's so adorable and wonderful actress, I think we can let her win this time.. also, an Oscar after the first movie can kill her acting career

There is no such thing. Many actors have won for their first movie role, and the movie industry is not consisted of Twitter stans, people are mature enough to congratulate the actual winner and understand that they are all talents to be celebrated.

'Kill' is such a strong word, as if she's never going to get another job again, that's such an overstatement.

Also you're supposed to reward the best performance in the category, not reward your entire legacy, which explains why many young actors who have not had a long acting career managed to get Oscar nominations somehow. If Gaga's performance as Ally is strong enough to warrant a win, there is no reason why they shouldn't give it to her just because Glenn is a veteran.

Edible Cloud
3 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Why does my disclaimer always not work? Every time I make a thread about predictions I make sure to put in a reminder that predictions are not conclusive, and that is why they are called predictions, not actual results. Can't people understand that?

tenor.gif

That's why I hate talking about predictions with people, they are not ready, or too stupid :ohwell:

LetsGetHigh
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Gold Derby is still however the most accurate prediction site we have, most of the time 5 out of 5 or 4 out of 5 predicted nominees make it to the final list. As for Best Picture, 8 out of 10 will make it to the final list as well.

It would be unfortunate if Gaga happens to be the exception (which happened with Til It Happens to You, but hey let's not forget it got nominated at the very least) See You Again wasn't even nominated and it was the frontrunner.

I wasn't commenting on your topic, it was a topic about Gaga now being #1 predicted to win which later was merged with your topic like. That topic had absolutely no disclaimer so i was just pointing it out to people before they take it as a promsie, that's it. 

I know it's one of the best predction sites, but sadly GGD takes it as if it's a promise and then lashes it out on innocent people.

Schizophonic

what really hurt me to watch was what happened to born this way. at first everyone loved it, album of the decade and grammyhopes. and when it didnt worked out as it could have been, the backlash came in quick. suddenly it wasnt that good anymore and even got called flop at some points.

i REALLY hope everyone remembers this time right now and how happy we are.

monsterhamh
On 9/15/2018 at 5:13 PM, BMURDA said:

Nervous that if Gaga win’s there will be blowback on her as a “newbie” unjustifiably beating out Glenn Close who’s long overdue and somehow tainting gagz incredible performance 

I’m not sure if it’s for the Oscars or not, but don’t they decide who gets nominated by that specific actor/actresses performance and not by seniority? So even though Glenn Close who is long overdue for an Oscar, the academy (I think that’s what who nominates stuff are called) will only go by Gaga in ASIB and Close in The Wife?

Bradley
5 hours ago, monsterhamh said:

I’m not sure if it’s for the Oscars or not, but don’t they decide who gets nominated by that specific actor/actresses performance and not by seniority? So even though Glenn Close who is long overdue for an Oscar, the academy (I think that’s what who nominates stuff are called) will only go by Gaga in ASIB and Close in The Wife?

Yes you're right.

SwissMonster

Oh god, if she actually is nominated...this wigs would fly, omggggg :messga: I can’t, someone has to help me, just thinking about it kills me...

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Archived