💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Gaga and Bradley dethrone all acting competitors in Oscar predictions

Bradley

Featured Posts

Aga Gydal

This is great news but I don’t think this film will keep up thr praise momentum by the time these nominations go into effect. I think after October the hype will settle and their odds will go down, but I like to be proven wrong!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PoshLife
19 minutes ago, River said:

idk Glenn never won one, don't let her be the Oscar's Katy..and she's so adorable and wonderful actress, I think we can let her win this time.. also, an Oscar after the first movie can kill her acting career

This isn't Gaga's first movie... if you want to count Machete Kills (but who does lol)

Edit: oh wasn't she also in some film noir kinda thing with James Franco or something? I have such a bad memory lol. But she had like two lines in that movie as well :sharon: 

14 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

This isn't Gaga's first movie... if you want to count Machete Kills (but who does lol)

Edit: oh wasn't she also in some film noir kinda thing with James Franco or something? I have such a bad memory lol. But she had like two lines in that movie as well :sharon: 

Sin City 2:laughga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

I love all the praise and hype but at the same time...

Can you imagine how disappointing it'll be if she isn't nominated or doesn't win?

noooo-gif.gif

zakariah
10 hours ago, Rio said:

I meant to say Best Actress, sorry. My mistake. Jennifer won Best Supporting, didn’t she?

oh, then yea,  gaga might be the first, cos jennifer won best supporting actress

Nervous that if Gaga win’s there will be blowback on her as a “newbie” unjustifiably beating out Glenn Close who’s long overdue and somehow tainting gagz incredible performance 

Supersonic
4 hours ago, River said:

idk Glenn never won one, don't let her be the Oscar's Katy..and she's so adorable and wonderful actress, I think we can let her win this time.. also, an Oscar after the first movie can kill her acting career

This is a reminder that TIES can happen at the Oscars  :vegas:

This all feels so surreal. The fact that she's in the conversation at all, AND considered one of the front runners too. :giveup: I remember hoping it would be received at least moderately by critics, and that they wouldn't drag her too hard, and that maybe it would become low key beloved in the campy vein of Burlesque, and best case scenerio it would pull a Beyond the Lights in being liked ok enough & scraping a Original Song nomination. I had no idea the response would be like this. I mean, yeah, a TiHTY situation could repeat, and/or she could get Amy Adams-ed, but lbr, even being considered and having Oscar hype from critics & trade papers was beyond most of our Wildest Dreams.mp3.

I just read that in 1969 Barbra Streisand won the Oscar for best actress in ex-aequo with Katharine Hepburn. Practitally that year two actresses won the Oscar for best actress. Can this happen again now? Is there still this rule? Maybe both Gaga and Glenn Close can win 😍

Bradley
11 hours ago, S0436 said:

A lot of of old Hollywood won’t be happy with this, remember the shock and light laughter when Scarlett Johansson introduced Gaga’s performance for Sound of Music

Um no? They gave her a standing ovation.

Madam Margolyes
6 hours ago, Robert said:

I just read that in 1969 Barbra Streisand won the Oscar for best actress in ex-aequo with Katharine Hepburn. Practitally that year two actresses won the Oscar for best actress. Can this happen again now? Is there still this rule? Maybe both Gaga and Glenn Close can win 😍

Yes, a tie can happen at the Oscars, but it's extremely rare. The last time it happened was for 2013 best sound editing (or was it mixing? i dont remember exactly lol)

Archived