Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Hollywood Walk Of Fame and Gaga

Space Cowboy

Featured Posts

Space Cowboy

c4aebe2f55b64f63147adc79e5c842e2.jpg

The Hollywood Walk of Fame comprises of more than 2,600 brass stars embedded in the sidewalks alongside Hollywood Boulrvevard where the stars are permanent public monuments to achievement in the entertainment industry, bearing the names of a of Actors, Musicians, Directors, Producers, Musical and Theatrical Groups, Fitional Characters, and Others. The Walk of Fame is administered by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and maintained by the self-financing Hollywood Historic Trust. It is a popular tourist destination.

Notable celebrities include: James Stewart, Gregory Peck, Judy Garland, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, Micheal Jackson and Muhammad Ali.

That being said.. Is it time that Lady Gaga received her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? She's a decade into her career and has accomplished more in this time then some of the greatest artists of all time.

Fun Fact: Barbra Streisand received her star in 1976, the same year the 1976 version of A Star is Born was released.

Mulholland

I think she should (and will) have one eventually, but once you know that basically any (famous or previously famous) person can have it if they shell out the $25,000 (or whatever) , it feels a lot less like a milestone. 

So IDK she can do it as a promo thing before #LG8 or something, but it really doesn't mean anything beyond that.

Space Cowboy
Just now, Mulholland said:

I think she should (and will) have one eventually, but once you know that basically any (famous or previously famous) person can have it if they shell out the $25,000 (or whatever) , it feels a lot less like a milestone. 

So IDK she can do it as a promo thing before #LG8 or something, but it really doesn't mean anything beyond that.

I agree about the payment concern but it is business. It's also a milestone in ones career and I think it's her time.

Mulholland
Just now, 01Jaime said:

I agree about the payment concern but it is business. It's also a milestone in ones career and I think it's her time.

Eh it doesn't bother me that she has to pay, like... she has to pay to get her albums and singles certified too. I just mean that basically payment is the *only* criteria for having a star, aside from some level of fame, so it's not something she *needs* right now. Like, in general it just isn't something you earn, it's something you buy. Like a car. 

But in the end, I guess I would rather her have it after she wins that Oscar (or two). That'd be iconic.

Space Cowboy
10 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

I just mean that basically payment is the *only* criteria for having a star, aside from some level of fame

Not true, upon reading up on this they actually dont accept just anyone. A lot goes into the process, like for one, the hounerees are given five years to schedule their ceremony. I honestly think this would be cute promotion for A Star Is Born.

Mulholland
3 minutes ago, 01Jaime said:

Not true, upon reading up on this the, they actually dont accept just anybody. Alot goes into the process, like the hounerees are given five years to schedule their ceremony. I honestly think this would be cute promotion for A Star Is Born.

Well, you also have to be *famous*, but it's not as if only the creme de la creme have stars. Anyway, yes, I agree it would be cute, I just don't think it's necessary, at least not at this stage in her career. A little bit into the future, after she's a bona fide movie star or something... Maybe then.

Space Cowboy
25 minutes ago, Evolve said:

The star doesn't mean much since it comes out of a paycheck, honestly.

That's a part of business though, everything costs. Why does that aspect make it mean not much too you?

Her impact will be measured by the generations beyond us who will still be listening to her, drawing her picture and wishing to meet her.

That star will just be some interesting post apocalypse artifact. It doesn't matter in the end.

Space Cowboy
7 minutes ago, Seeka said:

That star will just be some interesting post apocalypse artifact. It doesn't matter in the end.

It's not that deep..

32 minutes ago, 01Jaime said:

It's not that deep..

Honey, the star doesn't matter. 

Awards are nothing but paperweights.

My life has been changed by anime, videogames, and music that will never get awards. The best I can do is adore the media. The people who create it. The characters and places. Have those things inspire me.

That star means nothing. Even worse, many people in their lives will never go out just to see it.

The star is not worth the 25k spent on it.

Space Cowboy
1 hour ago, Seeka said:

Honey, the star doesn't matter. 

Awards are nothing but paperweights.

My life has been changed by anime, videogames, and music that will never get awards. The best I can do is adore the media. The people who create it. The characters and places. Have those things inspire me.

That star means nothing. Even worse, many people in their lives will never go out just to see it.

The star is not worth the 25k spent on it.

Again.. it's not that deep what even.

Archived