💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Bradley and Gaga reveal what they sing in the shower

Bradley

Featured Posts

Oriane
2 hours ago, Fable said:

I get the whole dubbing thing seems weird - but for people in English speaking countries how many non-english films are popular? Ya know? I personally really like foreign films but most of my friends would rather watch a crappy, cliché film where they speak English over a well made, subtitled foreign film. 

I just think it's funny that so many people here are like "why can't foreign people read subtitles?" when they know damn well that they aren't checking for the latest subtitled foreign films coming out. 

The dubs make it more accessible for people, I'm sure they still have the opportunity to watch the original with subtitles. 

My country has a big dubbing culture and I hate it. Now, with the Internet, how people want to watch series immediately after they aired in the original country, watching movies and series in their original language with subtitles has become easier.

But 10 years ago, it was extremely difficult and often you had no other choice than watching the dubbed version. I love cinema so I particularly hate dubbing for many reasons. I remember spending hours on Google looking for movies in their original language with subtitles. When watching the TV or going to the cinema, it was always the dubbed version.

Fortunately more underground cinemas and TV channels made the subtitled version available (sometimes they didn't even have the dubbed version). Now I see most big/mainstream cinemas and channels making both the subbed and subtitled version available, for most of their movies/series. The culture is slightly changing.

When you drop the dubbing and decide to stick with the original language, it's astonishing to see dubbed movies. You realize it's not natural at all and you wonder how you were able to see dubbed movies all these years without cringing.

So I can understand how English natives laugh at dubbing, they're used to a quality sound. It's too bad that on the other hand, because of this, they won't watch foreign movies. Subtitles being too hard to read is a lame excuse, you can follow the movie very easily even if you have to read the subtitles, you don't even notice it.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When he calls her "Stefani" I can't deal :heart:

Also THE FACT THAT SHE KNEW HIS SHOWER ANSWER & encourages him to say it! Then they share that little snicker laugh...you can see at 1:53-1:55 they get lost in a friendship moment and then realize and immediately snap back to reality :heart:

I'M OBSESSED WITH BRADGA INTERVIEWS. They better do Fallon and Ellen and Kimmel...

Bradley
26 minutes ago, flyp said:

You are aware of the fact that for non-English speaking people, Hollywood movies are foreign films? What kind of america-centrist view is that :triggered: I'm all against the dubbing as well, but like it's mentionned in literally every thread these days, get over it guys, not everyone speaks english, and not everyone wants to spend their time at the movies reading subtitles.

Of course I am. The original post said many people are reluctant to watch non-English-speaking foreign films, the point is Hollywood films are mainstream films, so even if they are 'technically foreign', many people who don't speak English are still willing to watch them. It's not important anyway.

JINNOCIDE
2 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

:sure:

And how exactly is culture involved in this? Isn’t it culturally unethical to change someones way of speaking and language? :trollga:

Whatever I just think it ruins the experience.

Some countries simply do not speak not even a little of English, so there's no sense in pushing the original version in national TV, that's when dubbing comes in. As I said, it can ruin the experience for you, but for many (and I mean millions) people is a way to feel more immerse in the movie/project.

lmao you guys trying to bash dubbing as if it's some monster that shouldn't exist when it literally makes the movie profits a whole heck of a lot overseas.

Dubbing in Brazil is soooo well done (not always but thats a given) that I prefer to watch some shows dubbed instead of in its original language (and I like to watch in its original language with subtitles)

There's also the language barrier fact that some people won't understand certain things in English (slangs, humor, etc) and this can be translated using a local language adaptation so they won't feel confused

(also as said multiple times, there's the option of watching with subtitles)

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

LeJudas
4 hours ago, xoxo Human said:

I really don't like the dubbing, you can just put subtitles over the screen :saladga: Or, like in my country, we have people that read the movie :crossed: It's 100 times better then dubbing

The average general public can't read that fast?

flopheart
4 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Off topic but I just saw someone dubbed the movie.. I honestly can’t understand that. Why would you do that to the live action movie and ruin the experience like that because they clearly don’t movie their mouths as they should.. Can’t people just read subtitles or are they that lazy? :saladga:

4 hours ago, xoxo Human said:

I really don't like the dubbing, you can just put subtitles over the screen :saladga: Or, like in my country, we have people that read the movie :crossed: It's 100 times better then dubbing

here in Italy movies are always dubbed

JazzGa
5 hours ago, Fable said:

I get the whole dubbing thing seems weird - but for people in English speaking countries how many non-english films are popular? Ya know? I personally really like foreign films but most of my friends would rather watch a crappy, cliché film where they speak English over a well made, subtitled foreign film. 

I just think it's funny that so many people here are like "why can't foreign people read subtitles?" when they know damn well that they aren't checking for the latest subtitled foreign films coming out. 

The dubs make it more accessible for people, I'm sure they still have the opportunity to watch the original with subtitles. 

Yes omg here in America it is so hard for me to convince ppl to watch a movie with subtitles since there is so much material in English to consume. I always chalked it up to "Well I can't read subtitles and try to get in your pants at the same time, now can I?" :huntyga:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

SwissMonster
6 hours ago, Bradley said:

Fun Fact: Ehile they did this Interview I was literally standing under that window waiting for Gag‘s:messga:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

NewUsername
2 hours ago, JINNOCIDE said:

Some countries simply do not speak not even a little of English, so there's no sense in pushing the original version in national TV, that's when dubbing comes in. As I said, it can ruin the experience for you, but for many (and I mean millions) people is a way to feel more immerse in the movie/project.

lmao you guys trying to bash dubbing as if it's some monster that shouldn't exist when it literally makes the movie profits a whole heck of a lot overseas.

Dubbing in Brazil is soooo well done (not always but thats a given) that I prefer to watch some shows dubbed instead of in its original language (and I like to watch in its original language with subtitles)

There's also the language barrier fact that some people won't understand certain things in English (slangs, humor, etc) and this can be translated using a local language adaptation so they won't feel confused

(also as said multiple times, there's the option of watching with subtitles)

There is no dubbing needed for that, that can perfectly be done by subtitles :ohwell:

Tranquility

way to make this an off topic discussion. 

Their chemistry in interviews is making me so excited to see how they are in scenes.

7 hours ago, Bradley said:

It's not about wanting or not wanting to watch subtitle films, it's about preserving the originality of the movie.

Anyway A Star Is Born is a Hollywood film. When you say foreign films I presume you mean non-English speaking movies, A Star Is Born is not part of that category, which means people should have no problem watching it in subtitles.

By "foreign film" I mean any film imported into your country that isn't in your native tongue. That's A Star Is Born in a lot of markets...

It is about wanting, or not wanting, to watch subtitled films though regardless of what you say. Not everybody is literate, good at reading, or even has good enough sight (or any sight) that allows them to simply read subtitles rather than listen to a dub. Dubbing the movie makes it accessible to more people :shrug: 

We can see how important that is when it comes to the popularity of non-english speaking movies in english speaking markets... They don't do well. Obviously they want this movie to be a success in non-english speaking markets and dubbing the movie is a way to cater to that audience. 

Economy
10 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Off topic but I just saw someone dubbed the movie.. I honestly can’t understand that. Why would you do that to the live action movie and ruin the experience like that because they clearly don’t movie their mouths as they should.. Can’t people just read subtitles or are they that lazy? :saladga:

This! Anytime I whatch something not in English (or Portuguese) I put subject titles not audio translation

Seeing mouth movements out of sync, and not getting proper vocal reactions ruins it for me completely

I'd rather have a bit more work and read subtitles but at least get real reaction

RAMROD

She didn't hum to LoveGame or Papparazi or Rah Rah Ohh Lala?!!! 

I FEEL BETRAYED!!

:triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived