Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

ASIB: Initial Press Reactions on Twitter

MonsterOfficial

Featured Posts

ryhanna
1 hour ago, missezramay said:

It was the same woman who said “weird” twice, and tbh I think she’s just choosing the wrong word to explain what I think she means, which is that it’s “indie”. Independent films have a different tone to mainstream films and because it’s Bradley’s passion project and done on minimal budget, of course it has a different effect to a blockbuster film.

Disagree. She's a film critic, if she didn't know the difference between a blockbuster and an indie she wouldn't have a job. I don't think she meant 'weird' as 'wow haha that was cool but kinda weird,' I think she was probably referring more to the method of storytelling or the way it's constructed. 

Which doesn't really surprise me. it's Cooper's directorial debut, it'd be weird if it wasn't weird at times. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucas

Have you guys seen the bots though ? I've seen many tweets reporting many accounts with only 2 tweets and they're all trashing ASIB

nodandsmile

Some people will love it, others won't and you'll have to deal with that ... By harrasing critics the only thing you are going to acheive is making people hate her. Calm your dramatic selves down

TIME TO CRASH THE CRITICS!!!!!! 

F*CK POP MUSIC THIS IS A STAR IS BORN!!!!!!!

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

2 minutes ago, _Lam said:

WOW!!!

This is a fake account. Check the rest of their history, it's a Gaga stan. 

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

NNNNNN Gaga fans pretending to be critics to rave the movie to the high heavens while Gaga haters pretend to be critics to trash the movie to the pits. :air:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

TSUNAMI
2 minutes ago, _Lam said:

WOW!!!

Did you guys knew that "To Love Again" is the first song Gaga ever wrote?

PlanetChromatica
4 minutes ago, gag said:

NNNNNN Gaga fans pretending to be critics to rave the movie to the high heavens while Gaga haters pretend to be critics to trash the movie to the pits. :air:

People have too much time on their hands :ladyhaha:

Miracle

On AwardsWatch

- The film is far from being flawless though.

but then someone quotes this comment:

Hey, a film doesn’t have to be perfect for it to be great though

And they respond:

- True and that is the very case.

- The movie was just okay. I was bored sometimes. Bradley is good, Sam Elliott is great. GaGa she’s a great singer but I am not impressed at all by her performance (she was brilliant only when she sings) (mediocre review)

- The soundrack, Bradley, Sam, the cinematography. All possible noms (from the same person who posted the review above)

- .Si tenéis #AStarIsBorn bastante arriba en vuestros pronósticos para #Oscars2019 no la mováis. Ese final le va a dar muchos votos. #Venezia75 (positive review, basically saying A Star is Born is a big Oscar contender. Great finale)

- I just came out from the screening. Sad to say the film it is not good; some likeable moments, but the direction is pretty didascalic and the story itself is... ordinary (the way Cooper handled it). It’s very close to the Streisand version, and has all its strenght in Gaga’s good performance. Never heard her so powerful, vocally. And acting is decent, too. 2 out of 5 for me, nothing memorable. And Legend Elliot is WASTED. He’s so magnetic in the few scenes he’s given.(negative, but points out Gaga is remarkable)

- From Cédric Succivali:

****. I don't know if the exhaustion amplifies this but have to wipe away tears before Coen after this one, seriously extremely moved by the beautiful and devastating chemistry btw the two leads. (very positive)

He's a Cannes insider and a very respectable reviewer. According to AwardsWatch, he's reliable.

The Daily Beast reporter:

(I see this as a good review, but he didn't mention Bradley Cooper, who's the director and one of the two mains stars so I guess it wasn't that good?)

TL;DR. Music is top-notch. Gaga's musical performances and Elliot acting scenes are the highlights of the movie. Cooper and Gaga's chemistry is loveable. Bradley Cooper direction not so much. Gaga's acting is overshadowed by her voice. Cinematography is beautiful. Story is (duh) predictable. The final number will bring people into tears. 

Naufri

I don't want to be a downer but friendly reminder, a good critics reception doesn't secures you awards or nominations. I think the movie is going to earn nominations, but is good to remenber this.

Archived