💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Ends Witness Era

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Did Katy end the Witness era? Or did the Witness era end her? :vegas:

In all seriousness, I admire her work ethic and enjoy her music. My friends and I still constantly have the exchange,

"Wig."

"Did you say wig? I feel that already!" 

in homage to her iconic American Idol moment.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roulette was robbed!!

But I’m proud of her for not giving up on the era 

StrawberryBlond

It's pretty amazing that she got through all these dates with just 2 being cancelled (in fairness, before the tour began). We all know that the dates under-performed so how more cancellations didn't happen was a miracle. And she managed to pull all this off on a worldwide scale. So few artists are touring the entire world anymore. The only region she didn't go to was the Caribbean, which is understandable, really. Surprising her team got her out to South Africa considering all the unrest that's going on there, so props to her team for making this happen, all things considered, as I truly believed that this was going to turn into a tour that just visited 3 continents (America, Europe, Oceania). She also stood by her album and just kept on going, through all the low singles sales, low album sales, mixed/negative reviews, video dislikes, low ticket sales, no Grammy nominations, not to mention the amount of insults directed at her new look and her erratic behaviour throughout the era. It was her ARTPOP era and she survived it, so good on her, even though I'm nowhere near her biggest fan. This era definitely humanised her for me, it made me realise that she's not someone who always gets success regardless of what she puts out now and is a vulnerable person underneath all the ego she had in her previous two eras. She said herself in a magazine interview that she overestimated how much the public would like the album and had to admit to herself that "you can't hit the bullseye every time." To say this album humbled her has been an understatement.

2 hours ago, Jake Deyton said:

Did Katy end the Witness era? Or did the Witness era end her? :vegas:

In spite of it all, I just had to laugh!

Laceface

Credit where credit is due, she worked hard considering things didn’t go quite as planned :huntyga: 

Eddie A Michael

I’m excited for her next era. Show Ariana who’s the actual pop star. 

Princess Stache
15 hours ago, dit said:

No matter what anyone says about this era she stuck by her guns and went through it fully (which is RARE). Popstars give up on eras so quick now a days if it is not a major success. She gave 4 semi high budget MVs (2 of which were greatï»ż), she did a full Worldwide tour, she promoted the heck out of it, she stuck by her art/music, she shared some vulnerable moments and she tried to change things up (tho it did not really work). I'm not the biggest fan of Katy's but I can say she handled this era really well and with dignity. :golfclap:

Chained to the Rhythm and...?

PsychicGuru
15 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

It shouldn't have ever begun tbh. 

The collabs (Migos and Nicki) were awful, over half the album didn't meet expectations, and the promo was a mess. 

Dude yikes chill :huntyga:

Gaga's #1 fan

HausOfHarlow
11 hours ago, monketsharona said:

I also love Swish Swish (the Nicki Minaj part is fire) and Bigger than Me

Still my least favorite KP album though

Ugh yes. Such a good song. I sad it never received a live performance. 

Gagastan2k18

TBH I'm actually really effing sad

This was my first full era as a katykat and WITNESS THE TOUR was my first ever concert and I cried the whole way through it

She does not deserve all the hate 

I wish her all the best for the next era and I'm so flipping excited for #KP5

LUV KATY xoxo 

Archived