Jump to content
A Star Is Born - Pre-order
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
celeb

Switched On Pop- LADY GAGA

Featured Posts

Coulorcraft

Hey guys so I found this podcast called Switched On Pop and it’s these two guys who really seem to know music and really dissect pop music in particular.

Anyways one of their episodes is on Lady Gaga. It was recorded right after Gaga Dropped the single “Perfect Illusion”.  They really go deep into her discography and break down her unusual chord progressions .... they even have some pretty interesting theories when it comes to her overall career.

They talk about how her entire career is a perfect illusion and how her life and persona is a performance art piece. It’s fanatstic. They get it. Lol They really paint her as an artist we’ve never really seen before and as one of the the biggest of all time. 

It was very well made, they seem to definitely stan, and are really musically versed. It’s definitely worth the listen! 

Thought you’d enjoy. I’m gonna leave a link but Incase it doesn’t work just search “Switched on Pop”. They also have tons of episodes on all kinds of pop music through the decades. 

 

Link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/switched-on-pop/id934552872?mt=2&i=1000375690369

Edited by Coulorcraft
  • Like 9
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess Stache

Girl I swear to god theres some weird universe sh*t happening in my life rn because I literally listened to this 2 hours ago.  I was happy to finally see PI getting the praise she deserves.

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coulorcraft
4 minutes ago, Princess Stache said:

Girl I swear to god theres some weird universe sh*t happening in my life rn because I literally listened to this 2 hours ago.  I was happy to finally see PI getting the praise she deserves.

I think Gaga has been getting us so hyped we are just searching for ANYTHING related to her. It was really a great listen- and yasss perfect illusion is lifffffe

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
T3rrorBlade

I mean if you are deeply into music, not just a listener, you'll tend to stan Gaga's music. Anyway, PI still got me boppin' :music:

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ FIREPROOF ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miel
20 minutes ago, T3rrorBlade said:

I mean if you are deeply into music, not just a listener, you'll tend to stan Gaga's music. Anyway, PI still got me boppin' :music:

That's a commonality that I've noticed, at least with some people I've met in university. I play piano and was an improv jazz pianist for a bit, my friend is a trumpet player for wind ensemble, and his girlfriend is a music major who plays piano professionally for ballet- we all either stan Gaga, or respect her musicianship.

3 points in and ready for more
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
mariomania1234

I'm an avid podcast listener, so I'll have to give this a listen.

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
daddybunny

Yasss thank you 👏🏼 This is the quali-tea content I’ve always wanted. ❤️

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
enigmaunicorn
9 minutes ago, daddybunny said:

Yasss thank you 👏🏼 This is the quali-tea content I’ve always wanted. ❤️

this pun is boiling my blood

  • Love 1
  • Shook 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coulorcraft
13 minutes ago, daddybunny said:

Yasss thank you 👏🏼 This is the quali-tea content I’ve always wanted. ❤️

Yasss I’m so happy 🙌🏻

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikesoa

Ok but what they said in the “end” about the fame and monster theme throughout her whole career is actually true and really interesting, we had the fame and the fame monster, born this way and ARTPOP with light and really dark  themes, cheek to cheek and AHS at the same time, joanne with a lot of dark visuals (ex coachella, tour) and now ASIB which is really light and very “the fame” but we also have the enigma residency and this photoshoots on instagram

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
mariomania1234

This was an excellent listen. These guys get her. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coulorcraft
29 minutes ago, mikesoa said:

Ok but what they said in the “end” about the fame and monster theme throughout her whole career is actually true and really interesting, we had the fame and the fame monster, born this way and ARTPOP with light and really dark  themes, cheek to cheek and AHS at the same time, joanne with a lot of dark visuals (ex coachella, tour) and now ASIB which is really light and very “the fame” but we also have the enigma residency and this photoshoots on instagram

Yes totally, I just want to add that I believe A Star is born is also going to explore the darker sides of fame as well

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
OG Gaga Stan

I'm glad someone gets what she's been trying to do throughout her entire career. It often feels like we're the only ones who understand that she's sort of the first real postmodern popstar, actively taking in popular iconography from the past and reworking it to comment on the concept of fame and its relation to the rest of society. Her message about choosing to ignore societal norms and roles, to question the media and the narratives that had been laid out in front of you and to perform your life the way you want to, about actively trying to go through an endless cycle of rebirth in an attempt to become the most empathetic, intelligent person you could be is what got me into her in the first place. I hope she tries to incorporate those themes in LG6 like she did with The Fame - ARTPOP. I need this fanbase to become famous for our conspiracy theories again. That was so fun back in the day. We were legendary. :firega:

Edited by OG Gaga Stan
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Togekiss

I remember listening to this when it was new! Should have shared it

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dain
8 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

I'm glad someone gets what she's been trying to do throughout her entire career. It often feels like we're the only ones who understand that she's sort of the first real postmodern popstar, actively taking in popular iconography from the past and reworking it to comment on the concept of fame and its relation to the rest of society. Her message about choosing to ignore societal norms and roles, to question the media and the narratives that had been laid out in front of you and to perform your life the way you want to, about actively trying to go through an endless cycle of rebirth in an attempt to become the most empathetic, intelligent person you could be is what got me into her in the first place. I hope she tries to incorporate those themes in LG6 like she did with The Fame - ARTPOP. I need this fanbase to become famous for our conspiracy theories again. That was so fun back in the day. We were legendary. :firega:

Thank you! I absolutely agree with you.:heart:

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×