Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

With just 29 dates, Taylor gets the biggest female tour in N. America ever!

alestevens

Featured Posts

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P
8 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Reputation is a mixed bag. The tour is MASSIVE, without a doubt. But sales and streaming wise it did just ok. Significantly down from 1989, but not a flop. A bit like Madonna’s Hard Candy, which underperformed compared to Confessions, but yet her accompanying Sticky and Sweet Tour was the biggest of all time by a female! 

Which leads me to think that TS7 is gonna be like Madonna’s MDNA...I hope I’m wrong. Just thinking about it from the publics point of view. 

It’s sales are getting close to 6 mil world wide. It might not have singles power, but it is still a huge album. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Sunny
1 hour ago, Illuminati said:

Our fave couldn't even finish half of her tours so we're really in no position to shade

at least our fave isn't afraid to try something different and innovative

I like dancin', and ponies....

Versace
9 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

This is all great and all but...I worry that TS7 is going to be such a massive flop. I feel like once you reach such a massive peak that people get sooo sick of you, and well, there is only one place for you to go :stalkga:

I really don't think so. We all thought she was destined to flop after the mega success and negative media overexposure of 1989, some thought she was even canceled over after the whole squad // Kim calling her a snake thing. It turns out there hasn't been a more successful pop era/album than Reputation since 1989.

The Two Main Reasons Taylor always Slays 

1-Her fan base is the most loyal in the entire music industry, the fans who have been there since her debut are only bigger fans now since 1989 and Reputation are her grandest albums. They will buy and rebuy and rebuy everything she puts out, promote her work for a living and lose sleep over her. It's extremely shocking for a 2017 album to open with 1M+ sales first week but then again it is her third or fourth time doing that I believe. 

2-She's a marketing genius, wtv people have against her or don't like about is turned into a musical offering that sells crazy. They called her a serial dater she made millions off Blank Space, Katy pissed her off she made millions off Bad Blood, Kim called her a snake she made MILLIONS off it with LWYMD, Snake merch, Snake theme in tour. 

We can say that 1989 was bigger than Reputation commercially (but then things like Rep tour being the biggest female tour happen), besides this is Taylor's least promoted album/era ever. It is sad because this era started out big and fizzled, poor Delicate, if only it got two or three televised performances it could have been a huge hit. 

Point is, Taylor is always three steps ahead. I think Reputation is setting up the next era nicely (with all this lack of televised performances, interviews and her staying out of the media) it is creating a void for people to miss her. I have a feeling the next album will be her going back to country but with a few pop songs here and there (Similar to RED) and that in itself if true will fill a bigger void for the listeners who didn't support the past two eras due to them discluding her country roots. 

Lord Temptation
3 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

It’s sales are getting close to 6 mil world wide. It might not have singles power, but it is still a huge album. 

Which is worrying. The people who bought or streamed the album would have done so no matter what because they loved the anticipation after the high of 1989, not because they genuinely wanted the album. Taylor could’ve released an album of burps and queefs and it would’ve still sold in the millions :messga:

Lextyr97
20 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Reputation is a mixed bag. The tour is MASSIVE, without a doubt. But sales and streaming wise it did just ok. Significantly down from 1989, but not a flop. A bit like Madonna’s Hard Candy, which underperformed compared to Confessions, but yet her accompanying Sticky and Sweet Tour was the biggest of all time by a female! 

Which leads me to think that TS7 is gonna be like Madonna’s MDNA...I hope I’m wrong. Just thinking about it from the publics point of view. 

Taylor’s team is way too good to let that happen. I think they did an excellent job avoiding what happened to Gaga with overexposure. The overexposed stay with 1989 and just plopped her off Earth with Reputation: VERY a little promo, and music videos. Pretty much it. I think she will be okay

Lord Temptation
1 minute ago, TylerBR97 said:

Taylor’s team is way too good to let that happen. I think they did an excellent job avoiding what happened to Gaga with overexposure. The overexposed stay with 1989 and just plopped her off Earth with Reputation: VERY a little promo, and music videos. Pretty much it. I think she will be okay

Everyone on this forum thought that KP4 was gonna be massive. They said the same things about Katy’s team being wondrous who could do no wrong. But then look what happened :laughga:

All im saying is that one thing we know about pop culture is that the big dont just get bigger forever. They will have ups. They will have downs. But the bigger they are the harder they fall :vegas:

matteonster

Taylor gets biggest female touring in NA ever, Drake is still rising with streaming and people are calling Sweetener the best pop album that came out this year so far.

What’s happening :icega:

“Don't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are.”

lifeasgeorge

Honestly very well deserved, the production and energy at the show was amazing. Get those coins :golfclap:

live and let live

Gagaism

I had the pleasure to attend her concert and I have such a great time, an unforgettable night so it is well deserved. I do love her and the tour is just magical. 

lifeasgeorge
44 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I think you're right in the sense that TS7 won't be as big as Rep/1989, like it will still open with 500k+ which is amazing but people will still call her flop and continue saying that she is on her decline. Even though those numbers would be great for anyone (and we would kill for Gaga to have :giveup:).

live and let live

Thomas P
5 minutes ago, lifeasgeorge said:

I think you're right in the sense that TS7 won't be as big as Rep/1989, like it will still open with 500k+ which is amazing but people will still call her flop and continue saying that she is on her decline. Even though those numbers would be great for anyone (and we would kill for Gaga to have :giveup:).

The truth though. Like lemonade opened with 456k and was still a massive album, but if Taylor had those numbers she would be called a flop. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

boiswifty
1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

This is all great and all but...I worry that TS7 is going to be such a massive flop. I feel like once you reach such a massive peak that people get sooo sick of you, and well, there is only one place for you to go :stalkga:

People have been saying this since Fearless lmao 

Archived