💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Are Your Thoughts on KPOP?

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

StressedOut

I like a great deal of it tbh, the production that goes into a lot of these groups is insane. It's really one of the most condensed/distilled versions of pop out there, super super catchy. 

Spoiler

stan LOONA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
moonboywow
7 minutes ago, Eddie A Michael said:

Why would I wanna listen to songs I don’t understand? 

Translation videos and subs on some videos 

Vergil

Worst music style I've ever listened to. Especially BTS. They're cute though.

I live in thailand (Asia) so many thai people love K-Pop but i don't, i love wondergirl, 2net1, snsd at the first, but nowday is like
So many song i heard from K-pop (Not Bts, blackpink) is like copy style of American song
is K-pop bring Tropical House ?, Raggae ?, Dance-Hall ?, or Some signature DJ Style ?
All they do is like copy a style for me and change a style a little bit to make it as their own / like All They do what's the music trend on nowday
They like can't create they own style (only they own style can make it remember like their hairstyle, their look, ... etc not like their vocal, or their music style)
TO ME they just like idol to me to bring some people to fall'in love with them by their look, not their really music impact to who's not music fan all around the world.

I love american, romania, latin, india, japan, thailand music culture, cuz they has like they has their own style, own music culture style, like country music, ... etc
it's so open to me to listen another music i never heard before
Sorry for my bad eng

12 minutes ago, Killa said:

Korea once again clustering ideias taken from other countries:tea:. Sorry but its the truth

same

LordEnigma
2 hours ago, Eddie A Michael said:

Well no one is forcing you to listen to it 

Sunny

it was good, but now it's bad. it died when jessica left SNSD

the die-hard stans are crazy

I like dancin', and ponies....

xoxo Craig

I mean, it shouldn't have even been a thing. The whole genre I find cringey and none of it is my cup of tea

End Racism Now

Martijn

I honestly love it. I used to be one of those people who said "I like the MVs and choreographies, but I could never listen to just the songs"... My Spotify playlists are literally 90% KPOP rn.

There's just so many great songs and groups to discover and I'm quite frankly bored with Western pop.

datlastfam
23 minutes ago, Sunny said:

it was good, but now it's bad. it died when jessica left SNSD

the die-hard stans are crazy

I stan SNSD so hard back then, and still remember that video of Born This Way plagiarized one of their songs, not sure though if it was made by Madge stan :ladyhaha:

OT : When it comes to KPOP, SNSD/2NE1 or SJ/BIGBANG are the only group that come to my mind. The rest are just :awkney:

huge respect for BTS for having control to their music. the fact that they wrote/produce most of their tracks deserve a praise. they are the only kpop group i've listened all their discography and they deserve their success especially when they are not from big 3 (SM ent, YG ent, JYP ent) that controlls the kpop industry. i also like the way they released their music, everything is released at the same time, including the lead single, it really gives the best experience. (shout out to all BTS fans who made them chart number 1 on bb200 and 10 on hot100 with all 11 tracks on top 20 on itunes US)

aside from BTS the groups i like are Twice, GFRIEND and Red velvet but i only listen to their lead tracks.

anyway BTS' repackaged album LOVE YOURSELF : ANSWER is coming next week 8/24.

2 hours ago, Killa said:

Korea once again clustering ideias taken from other countries:tea:. Sorry but its the truth

wdym? kpop isnt a genre, its an industry just like any other countries music industry. honestly i find the term "k-pop" shouldnt be used in the first place cuz its basically pop music sung in korean, just like chinese pop, arabian pop, german pop etc

my biggest issue with KPOP ist actually the fact that everyone is so artificially looking. I know this is part of the aesthetics but to me it seems like one step closer to being forced into a way of perfection that you cannot reach without dozens of plastic surgaries. Of course, the western music scene isn‘t that much different anymore, but KPOP is so over the top with that, that I simply cannot enjoy the music. 

enigma popstar is fun

witchcocktor
5 hours ago, Eddie A Michael said:

I mean, it's pop music, no matter what country or language, it's the same uninspired '' oohh i love youuu '' drivel. You are not really missing out on much if you can't understand the words because it's all the same.

Archived