Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Are Your Thoughts on KPOP?

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

KPOP seems to be a polarizing topic among stans, especially for US artists, so I just wanna know what your guys thoughts on it are. Personally I never really was into it until I discovered BTS, which took me down the rabbit hole and I discovered more and learned more about the industry.

For those of you who are kinda in the dark, Kpop "Idols" are made to appeal to lonely kids who dream of dating them, which creates large die-hard fanbases. (BTS focuses more on music/social issues/lyrics and less on the whole dating fantasy which is why they are have gotten the most fans, but they still have a big similar fanbase.) The KPOP companies create tons of content and big, high production music videos which gets people interested and creates even more competition between the fanbases, and every year their "comebacks" gets bigger and better, drawing more fans and views, and more people buy albums etc. and the cycle continues. I think right now the cycle has happened so many times that by now the "comebacks" and fanbases have grown so big that everyone knows about it, and to be honest its only gonna get bigger from here.

In my opinion Kpop is good and bad, good because of the amount of content that you get every year. The videos and choreography are honestly so cool, and as a Gaga stan AND A new BTS stan, I can say that its so nice having BTS drop one or two albums every year, with so much live performances and high budget videos and promotion, whereas Gaga.... well we got 1 Pop album in the last 5 years :oops:. On the downside however, outside of BTS many Kpop groups seem really ingenuine because you know that in the end, they have no say or control over the music that they make, its really up to the company that they are under. I would almost say its like Fifth Harmony, where you know that the artists don't have control AT ALL over what they put out, and its always in the back of my mind when I listen to kpop. 

What are your guys thoughts?

(Here's some big songs that you can watch to get a better idea if you dont know:)

Spoiler

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LUO YI

My favs are:

NCT - all divisions :vegas:

MXM (BRANDNEWBOYS)

SUPER JUNIOR-D&E

EXO

BLACKPINK

I find them to be soooo good :giveup: I've never liked Kpop but they made me fall in love. Some albums I’d recommend are:

NCT 2018 Empathy, MORE THAN EVER (by MXM), and The War (by EXO).

The night sky tells all

In my opinion, it used to be really good like when 2NE1, SISTAR, Miss A (their stuff before Hush), SNSD, Wonder Girls, BIGBANG (ALIVE onwards), MBLAQ, etc were on the scene. Now it's just not my cup of tea...well aside from EXID, love them lol

SWhaaaat

I'm fine with it. I listen to it occasionally. Have been for years. It's really easy to enjoy Kpop, from the visual to the choreoghraphy to the high-end budget. The group that I'm really into right now are BTS ( their lyrics are really interesting. Don't judge a book by its cover) , Red Velvet and Twice. The last two are not really popular in the west like BTS or BLACKPINK but popular in Asia. I think they need more attention, they're just as good as those two but don't get as much attention

raragaga

don't love it, but the videos are often pretty sick

xoxo

Yuuri

I don't like poppy K-pop. But they do have better R&B, and Rap than we do. Also Holland is life.

Hate it. Except 9muses. The songs are pretty generic and sound the same. The artists are like trained animals. KPOP is a circus.

moonboywow
18 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

KPOP seems to be a polarizing topic among stans, especially for US artists, so I just wanna know what your guys thoughts on it are. Personally I never really was into it until I discovered BTS, which took me down the rabbit hole and I discovered more and learned more about the industry.

For those of you who are kinda in the dark, Kpop "Idols" are made to appeal to lonely kids who dream of dating them, which creates large die-hard fanbases. (BTS focuses more on music/social issues/lyrics and less on the whole dating fantasy which is why they are have gotten the most fans, but they still have a big similar fanbase.) The KPOP companies create tons of content and big, high production music videos which gets people interested and creates even more competition between the fanbases, and every year their "comebacks" gets bigger and better, drawing more fans and views, and more people buy albums etc. and the cycle continues. I think right now the cycle has happened so many times that by now the "comebacks" and fanbases have grown so big that everyone knows about it, and to be honest its only gonna get bigger from here.

In my opinion Kpop is good and bad, good because of the amount of content that you get every year. The videos and choreography are honestly so cool, and as a Gaga stan AND A new BTS stan, I can say that its so nice having BTS drop one or two albums every year, with so much live performances and high budget videos and promotion, whereas Gaga.... well we got 1 Pop album in the last 5 years :oops:. On the downside however, outside of BTS many Kpop groups seem really ingenuine because you know that in the end, they have no say or control over the music that they make, its really up to the company that they are under. I would almost say its like Fifth Harmony, where you know that the artists don't have control AT ALL over what they put out, and its always in the back of my mind when I listen to kpop. 

What are your guys thoughts?

(Here's some big songs that you can watch to get a better idea if you dont know:)

Hide contents

Don’t forget about bigbang and shinee 💜

DONAJENDRO

It's just music from another country so some of it is **** and some of it is pretty good I guess

Mad Onna

As a Korean, I enjoy some Kpop songs and I understand Kpop could be very appealing especially with great music videos, performances and impeccable marketing&promo. And I do know Idols work very hard.

But I can't stand that 'machine-making-like' system of Kpop groups tbh…(I know BTS's management gave them much more freedom tho)

I respect BTS but my only love is for Gaga rn :):huntyga:.

Archived