Jump to content
A Star Is Born - Pre-order
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
opinion

ASIB missing Grammys deadline isn’t really a bad thing

Featured Posts

Madam Margolyes

This is actually a pretty common case. Almost every Oscar winning original songs like Skyfall, Let it Go, and Glory went the same path. They missed the Grammys deadline at the end of the year, went on to win an Oscar the following year, and still managed to win a Grammy a year after. From these cases, we can tell that Oscar win from the previous year maximizes their chances to win Grammy the next year. So, missing the deadline by a week could imply that WB is pretty confident in its Oscar win. With this, ASIB could also avoid competing with the previous Oscar winner/nominees at the Grammys like Remember Me or This is Me, since they also missed the Grammys deadline in 2017.

I know some of you guys said “but The Lion King....”. Well, here’s the thing, do you want Gaga to compete against Oscar winner and nominees from 2018 like Remember Me and This is Me OR to compete against The Lion King?

But this scenario only applies IF Gaga gets nominated or wins an Oscar next year. Besides, winning a Grammy is only a bonus anyway. ASIB’s main goal is to win an Oscar. So, let’s wait and see, shall we?

Edited by Madam Margolyes
  • Like 16

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryanripley

people forget that this is a movie with an end goal of winning an oscar and propelling bradley and gaga as staples in the industry

the idea of winning a grammy is just a bonus for them and some free promo and who knows, people might hate the lion king :ohwell: 

Edited by ryanripley
https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ
  • Like 12

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Renato Pinheiro

at that time sales have more weight for the grammy and ASIB is totally focused on the Oscar

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ARTPOPSTER

Gaga is probably not concerned abpt winning a Grammy for the movie. That’s not what it’s about. She wants to gain acclaim, and the way to do that is to win through a movie awards ceremony, not a music awards ceremony. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River

Oscars > Grammys

And who knows, the Grammys became so populist that they may bend the rules and accept the single..

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
freebit

Great point about Oscars potentially influencing things. 

9 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

people forget that this is a movie with an end goal of winning an oscar and propelling bradley and gaga as staples in the industry

This. I feel its a bit shortsighted to meltdown over the Grammy deadline. For soundtracks, I feel like nobody really cares about what wins for visual media. 

Anyway, personally, I'm over the Grammys after last year, so I honestly don't care much if it wins or loses, or what the soundtracks chances are. My interest is about level with her possibly winning AMAs or Teen Choice Awards & the like. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
giskardsb
17 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

people forget that this is a movie with an end goal of winning an oscar and propelling bradley and gaga as staples in the industry

the idea of winning a grammy is just a bonus for them and some free promo and who knows, people might hate the lion king :ohwell: 

I think people forget that this is a project Bradley and Gaga felt compelled to do and awards are secondary consideration.   Stan culture makes everything revolve around awards and measurables, to the detriment of the actual art. 

  • Like 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
lost in limbo

Tbh, I though everyone had decided to boycott the Grammys lol. Pretty sure once the Grammy talk starts, people are gonna go back with their word which is sad.

Will happen, happening, happened, and we will happen again and again, 'cause you and I will always be back then
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
sipthistea

The Grammys are meaningless these days tbh. It's only a popularity contest at this point. 

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrigioGirl1

Oscars >>>> Grammys

All moves should be based on the Oscars.

She already has Grammys. We are striving for EGOT

 

  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
hellothing

Grammys are **** anyway. The Oscars haven't been tainted by trash popular influences yet. Prestige is still tied to an Oscar. 

Let's be nice to each other <3
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
freebit
15 minutes ago, hellothing said:

Grammys are **** anyway. The Oscars haven't been tainted by trash popular influences yet. Prestige is still tied to an Oscar. 

I hate to report such news, but to everyone's (but Disney/Marvel's) chagrin, the Oscars announced last week that they're adding a "Popular Achievement in Film" category. :rip: Though I will say at least they're still staying true to their snobbery & keeping it to this one category...I guess.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
hellothing
10 minutes ago, freebit said:

I hate to report such news, but to everyone's (but Disney/Marvel's) chagrin, the Oscars announced last week that they're adding a "Popular Achievement in Film" category. :rip: Though I will say at least they're still staying true to their snobbery & keeping it to this one category...I guess.

Yeah, I read that too. As long as the major awards are untainted, I think their credibility remains untainted too ;)

Let's be nice to each other <3
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheodoreRx
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:53 PM, Madam Margolyes said:

This is actually a pretty common case. Almost every Oscar winning original songs like Skyfall, Let it Go, and Glory went the same path. They missed the Grammys deadline at the end of the year, went on to win an Oscar the following year, and still managed to win a Grammy a year after. From these cases, we can tell that Oscar win from the previous year maximizes their chances to win Grammy the next year. So, missing the deadline by a week could imply that WB is pretty confident in its Oscar win. With this, ASIB could also avoid competing with the previous Oscar winner/nominees at the Grammys like Remember Me or This is Me, since they also missed the Grammys deadline in 2017.

I know some of you guys said “but The Lion King....”. Well, here’s the thing, do you want Gaga to compete against Oscar winner and nominees from 2018 like Remember Me and This is Me OR to compete against The Lion King?

But this scenario only applies IF Gaga gets nominated or wins an Oscar next year. Besides, winning a Grammy is only a bonus anyway. ASIB’s main goal is to win an Oscar. So, let’s wait and see, shall we?

Do we even know for sure that The Lion King remake will have original music, and won't just be covers from the animated movie? It seems like monsters are freaking out over something that isn't even a sure thing. 

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×