💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Junkee: Is ARTPOP As Bad As Everyone Says

TheAlpha

Featured Posts

TheAlpha
17 minutes ago, Anisko said:

ARTPOP could be better without over produced songs like j&d swine donatella fashion Mary Jane Holland... 

Fashion is considered an over produced song? 

You know this is just my opinion, right?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nerdfacekillah
7 hours ago, Tyler1992 said:

I still like to believe that Gaga knew that people were going to trash her no matter what she was going to do, so she just went the extra mile to **** her **** up and be obnoxious with her looks and ARTPOPS sound. 

6 hours ago, LibraLove said:

This could totally be true, because literally almost every recent pop girl's fourth album goes through a rough patch where it's just not received how they thought and the media just plays up who to shat on now.

i think its the same like the life expectancy of a new product when its delivered on the market. when its new, it starts to gain more success and popularity and then comes a time when this product arrives at its maturity and the sales go down but they stay stable. 

i know that artists arent products but sadly this is how the music industry treats them and also music nowadays is like a business.

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

Not gonna lie, but I cringed @ The Cure when it was first performed at Coachella. It was basic as hell, but it grew on me now. :flop:

WORLDofGAGA

As much as I love ARTPOP, I don’t have the connection to it as I do with born this way. ARTPOP Took me longer to understand it’s true concept 

@W0RLDofGAGA

ARTPOP FLOPPED FOR OUR SINS SO THAT WE COULD WITNESS A STAR TO BE REBORN. 

THE PHOENIX WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES ON OCTOBER 5TH 2018 - Y'ALL BETTER GET UR COINS READY. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

lairofhk

A lot of truths in this article. The promotional rollout for ARTPOP only further doomed the album. That's not to say I didn't like it (I probably enjoyed about half the album, with Venus and DWUW being my top tracks). But there are many questions about what the next album holds in store. I'm confident enough that the same mistakes will not be repeated. Gaga has also matured so I already expect there will be much less messiness. Only time will tell.

Battle 4 Ur Life

I played Sexxx Dreams and set ARTPOP on shuffle while I opened this article cause I know it gon’ be good.

#Justice4ARTPOP Lady Gaga’s best album after TFM.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

ryanripley
9 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

VERY UNPOPULAR OPINION: The Cure is way better than Bad Romance, Born This Way, Applause and Perfect Illusion.

woah

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

djBuffoon

ARTPOP might not work as a cohesive album, the concept is too abstract and requires too many reaches to work as a singular vision. But it is brazen, exhilarating, and occasionally brilliant. There are some really great tracks on there, even if a few of them could have benefited from a little... less.

Ziggy

I love this and they’re observation of its spirit being similar to PC music. What’s interesting is that she’s dipping into that with this new album again so I’m curious how she’ll bring back excess-Ga and maximalism. I also like that they still observe it as a forward album which in many ways it was even if, as they pointed out, the EDM was the shortcoming. A nice, balanced retrospective.

Battle 4 Ur Life

the article itself is pretty positive. I like that. this is the kind of dedicated writing that was missed when reviews for the album came in. yet he still focus a little more on the gimmicks and the concepts than the music. and that’s like a consequence of everything else. it’s ART-POP not POP-ART. I disagree that even tho it didn’t meet the EDM trend it still has great showcases of such in itself. all Zedd tracks are among the top tracks and he didn’t say anything about Venus or MJH. it seems he missed the album’s strong female empowerment, self-love and liberation narrative. this album will stay underrated for so long even “professionals” don’t have all the necessary requirements and refinenements to truly appreciate it.

it’s an ok article. but I do agree it could have used less tracks like Fashion, Manicure or J&D. (even tho I love all of those) they would have been much better on a deluxe version which never came out.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

FRANK1991

I agree on that EDM ruined the album for me :ohwell: Zedd was a cool producer but too basic :trollga:

Curious to see what would happen if she worked with AG Cook and SOPHIE, that might be the "real" ARTPOP

and I love The Cure, yes it's basic but the production is so much better than some songs on ARTPOP :laughga: 

Plus I live for chatchy-ness and The Cure is so freaking catchy it's definitely easier to the ears compare to the loud ARTPOP 

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Archived