💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ruby Rose quits twitter following 'Batwoman' backlash

nikola

Featured Posts

nikola

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8469761/ruby-rose-quits-twitter-following-batwoman-backlash

Ruby Rose has quit Twitter after a backlash over her casting as lesbian superhero Batwoman in The CW’s Arrowverse.

Rose's casting is set to make her the first LGBTQ lead in a live-action superhero series. Two days after the announcement, the Australian actress deleted her Twitter account and limited comments on her Instagram account to only people she knew after some fans took to social media to express their anger, with many erroneously arguing that Rose can't play a lesbian character, despite the fact the Meg star has been out since the age of 12.

This is really sad tbh.... 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPSTER

Who cares who plays who? Has it really gotten that petty and stupid? She’s an actress who was offered a job. I wouldn’t care if a straight person played a gay person. There an actor, it’s their job!!!! :saladga:

ryanripley

wait, people are pressedt cus she's playing a lesbian instead of the usual case of fanboys being pressedt just cus it's her?

tumblr_inline_o2vd5yGIrO1r9vdbu_500.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

DelusionalGaga

I don't like her but twitter stans crossed the line as usual. If she's a lesbian herself then why can't she play a lesbian character? That would be good representation for once. 

Panchecco

this trend needs to end asap

whenever someone is cast in something big a bunch of people (mostly male nerds who think they know everything about everything )start to aggressively harass the actors on every social media platform they own

I understand that comics fans are very opinionated and they should be able to express how they feel BUT that doesn't in any way allow them to personally attack people. Just write on your useless blog or you pathetic twitter profile but DON'T HARASS PEOPLE ON THEIR PROFILES

Bradley

I've seen some comments saying that she can't act.

I don't support hurling insults at people but to be honest, I've never been impressed by her acting. I've seen some movies featuring her and she seems really awkward, like she's trying really hard to look cool and badass but she's really not. :sweat:

I thought it was for the DC cinematic universe and I was really disappointed in her being cast to be honest. Turns out it's just for TV which I'm relieved about.

avalon x
3 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I've seen some comments saying that she can't act.

I mean neither can Gal Gadot but here we are. :lolly: 

People have such double standards these days.. and I'm surprised when it comes to DC people continue to have expectations at all. :ladyhaha:

Tbh, I think Ruby would make a great batwoman (with the right wig)!

The Child

Good riddance.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

ZiggyZiggs
4 minutes ago, JourneyToAvalon said:

People have such double standards these days.. and I'm surprised when it comes to DC people continue to have expectations at all. :ladyhaha:

Tbh, I think Ruby would make a great batwoman (with the right wig)!

gal gadot's perf in WW was acclaimed tho :oprah:

Bradley
7 minutes ago, JourneyToAvalon said:

I find her to be okay, decent maybe but critics were praising her acting in Wonder Woman.

Regina George

But when people did this to Scarlett Johansson y’all were here for the bullying and attacks.. Ohh GGD never change.. Just like I said in Scarlett thread - She is actress and let her do her ****ing job. 

TheSlash

There's not much I can say about, unless that human stupidity indeed is limitless :madge: .

Spoiler

Sadly, hatred, too :neyde: 

Ew, David!

She is a lesbian.. Also if she wasnt what the hell is the big deal.. Are will going to riot over Eric Mccormack playing Will from Will and Grace? Im so sick of this over sensitive era we are living in.. Get a grip people, its acting.. The literal meaning is playing a part that is not yourself. Stepping in the shoes of a character that is not you.. Its just sickening. 

Archived