Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Aretha Franklin In 'Gravely Ill' Condition

SPARTACUS

Featured Posts

SPARTACUS

aretha_franklin_6_v1000.jpg

"The Queen of Soul is currently surrounded by friends and family and they’re asking for prayers and privacy at this time. According to Showbiz 411, she’s in a “gravely ill” state as those around her are preparing for the worst.

Franklin has been battling numerous health problems for years and had to cancel a series of concerts last summer citing “doctor’s orders.” Her latest performance was on November 2 of last year for the Elton John AIDS Foundation in New York.

The 76-year-old was reportedly diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2011, but she denied reports that she carried the disease. Last February, Aretha announced that 2017 would be her last year “in concert.”

We’re praying that Aretha Franklin can pull though and will keep you updated with more details about her condition as they become available."

https://www.bet.com/music/2018/08/12/aretha-franklin-hospitalized.html?cq_ck=1534129101050&cid=BETMusic__TW __Link_1720132437&linkId=55468972

UPDATE:

Source: Aretha Franklin is in hospice care

(CNN) Aretha Franklin is in hospice care at her home, a source close to the 76-year-old singer told CNN's Don Lemon.

Word of the "Queen of Soul" being gravely ill was first reported by Showbiz 411.

Showbiz 411's Roger Friedman told CNN: "She has a great family, she's surrounded by love, and the world is sending prayers. All further announcements will be made by her family. We just want to send love and prayers."

The soul singer has been dogged by reports of failing health for years and appeared frail in recent photos, but she has kept her struggles private.

In February of 2017, Franklin announced that she would stop touring, but she continued to book concerts. Earlier this year, she canceled a pair of performances, including at the New Orleans Jazz Fest, on doctor's orders, according to Rolling Stone. In 2010, she was forced to cancel to scheduled performances due to fractured ribs and abdominal pain.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/13/entertainment/aretha-franklin-ill/index.html

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheAlpha

Hopefully she can get through this. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

:-(

She is fairly old, and I can see why they are preparing for the worst. I definitely hope that she can pull through this.

3 points in and ready for more

SPARTACUS

Aretha in November 2017.  She doesn't look very well here.  God bless her.

Aretha_Franklin_Getty_Images_871477664.j

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Maleficent

I hope whatever happens it is the option that brings her less pain. If it is her time than let us not fight against it 

SPARTACUS
37 minutes ago, ThatAsianGuy said:

Oh no the queen of gif:ohno: 200w.gif

I hope when Gaga is 76 she's remembered or known by the kids for more than just, say... the queen of meat dress.

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Vitleysingur
40 minutes ago, ThatAsianGuy said:

Oh no the queen of gif:ohno: 200w.gif

image being ignorant like this:toofunny:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Hope she gets better. She is the diva that deserves to be a diva the most. Really the greatest voice of all time... 

Angel made me a fan of hers. what a voice^^

Archived