Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

About Gaga and the VMAs

Infinity Wave

Featured Posts

Infinity Wave

So we all know pretty well what's happening here, I don't need to attach the multiple posts of the official VMAs account hinting at a surprise (?) Gaga performance.

What I think is: this is just too much. "Lady Gaga" is a registered name and trademark. You cannot use her name and image to promote a show if she doesn't gave her consesus, it just doesn't work like that.

So this leaves 2 options imo:

1 - VMAs have the rights to use all the past recordings. So, they have the right to post Gaga's performances and stills from their previous shows, and this is pretty obvious, but... it still doesn't imply that they can use her image for unlimited promo unless it was written is some contract Gaga (as some other stars who attended) once signed. Because at this point it's clear they're using her as promo and imo she could as well take legal actions in defense of her name, image and reputation.

2 - This year she really is performing.

Personally I don't think she was fool enough to let to the VMAs unlimited access to the usage of her name and image for the years to come, but I am still not convinved she's performing.

What do you think?

Colourful

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagatella

I want to believe she's performing but I don't. If they are just using her for promotion then they can go to hell for playing with our emotions :selena:

We'll see in 10 days... I hope I am wrong :poot:

duckworth

Where were you both last year? Or the year before? :selena:

They do this every year. She's not performing. She's not announced. 

Killa

I dont believe shes performing. I believe shell have a small segment during the show, an appearance. And that shell attend it. Or just present an award.

But im veryy skeptical. 

mister max

I found it so confusing when she visited the MTV movie awards that I could actually see her going to the VMAs :saladga:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Janosch Hendrik

i'm optimistic about her performing :staymad:

i think they cannot announce a performance, because Gaga has not yet announced the new single. Once she does, they will announce her as performer.

The past years they used her picture to promote the show, but this time they're really hinting at something with the mermaid-emoji and that "anything could happen"-thing.

Gagatella
15 minutes ago, DAMN said:

Where were you both last year? Or the year before? :selena:

They do this every year. She's not performing. She's not announced. 

Pretty much this. 

I hate them more and more every year...

NIGHTCRAWLER

It's exactly the same thing every year srsly. But yeah Idk what contract she signed but doing their promo on Gaga is not legal (except if she signed something). Even if they have the rights on the images they previously shot, they can't use 'em every year to indirectly make money. that's just an illegitimate enrichment :bye:

GAGA SUE 'EM 

MaryJaneHolland

The most that can happen is ASIB second trailer or Enigma promo during a commercial break :huntyga:

Infinity Wave
25 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

It's exactly the same thing every year srsly. But yeah Idk what contract she signed but doing their promo on Gaga is not legal (except if she signed something). Even if they have the rights on the images they previously shot, they can't use 'em every year to indirectly make money. that's just an illegitimate enrichment :bye:

GAGA SUE 'EM 

Yaaaas at you sharing my opinion :queenga:

Colourful

Archived