Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

It's not a big dead, it's not like she is changing the song completely

Umm changing the hook is basically changing the song completely 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miichael

There's not really a big deal with this, many songs do get altered slightly following release, like Lana's "West Coast". As long as she is 100% happy with it then I think it's fine, nothing wrong with perfectionism :)

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

ryanripley
1 hour ago, iCpro said:

The fact that this is happening and that the streaming format allows artists to do this suggests that we’re moving away from the idea of an ‘album’ as a complete body of work, and moving closer to the idea of an ‘album’ as a dynamic playlist that can be updated through time. It will be interesting to see whether this becomes more commonplace as physical sales become virtually non existent.

this

ya'll better snag your copies of Queen now, it really irks me how you don't truly own the music on spotify

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

MaybeKermit
1 hour ago, iCpro said:

The fact that this is happening and that the streaming format allows artists to do this suggests that we’re moving away from the idea of an ‘album’ as a complete body of work, and moving closer to the idea of an ‘album’ as a dynamic playlist that can be updated through time. It will be interesting to see whether this becomes more commonplace as physical sales become virtually non existent.

actually, I don't know if anybody has noticed, but Kanye is changing his albums constantly...
Whenever I listen to his music on Spotify, there's always a small detail changed etc. It's really cool actually...

But then I'm also like.... An album is an album, once it's finished it's finished... It should remain like that.
You also dont change your test's answers after you've handed it in...

derpmonster

When will Gaga and ha ARTPOP DWUW with R. Kelly? :emma:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
12 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

actually, I don't know if anybody has noticed, but Kanye is changing his albums constantly...
Whenever I listen to his music on Spotify, there's always a small detail changed etc. It's really cool actually...

But then I'm also like.... An album is an album, once it's finished it's finished... It should remain like that.

I think that would actually have been a wonderful concept for ARTPOP with the ARTPOP app. :emma: Give people slightly different Auras with the second verse lagging behind one measure of the beat or maybe even the MJHs with completely different vocals.

I do think there's value in finished albums but they're not tests. We can have both. :) And as for awards, you choose which one to submit and the timestamp matters.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

ltlmnstr

Flashback to when Gaga took out the iconic "heehees" & "free my mind, ARTPOP" intro in ARTPOP because she went on twitter reading "I hate it" tweets constantly.

Normally when artists want to change something about a song, they take the remix route. Usually adding different adlibs and sometimes new lyrics. I do find this unprofessional to blame her record company because of deadlines to turn in a tracklist. If it wasn't perfected, save it for an EP.
The fans aren't gonna know if you don't talk about it (also me @ Gaga about tea, onion girl, tinnitus, brooklyn nights etc.)

Reginald

Nicki, I see you subtly promoting physical copies of the album with the original hook. That could become a collector's item. 

Miracle
2 hours ago, Sexxx said:

What's with ggd's obsession with calling nicki 'crazy'?

Its a mimi

Bloodyjack
2 hours ago, Sexxx said:

What's with ggd's obsession with calling nicki 'crazy'?

Ikr. These twinks need to lay off. It appears Everytime she breathes, she crazy

iCpro
53 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

Yeah I’m not sure how I feel about albums becoming like games where artists can issue ‘updates’. For me an album reflects an artist and their outlook at a certain point in time. If they can change the album as they please it could mean that the album loses its sense of purpose over time. 

So far most of the changes that artists like Kanye and Nicki have done have been small technical changes, which at the moment is quite cool, but I’m afraid it could lead to artists replacing songs with newer versions to stay on trend, or removing songs altogether that they don’t like anymore. 

I think if this does become a thing streaming services need to find a way to preserve the original album, possibly by uploading two versions, one being the original and another being a dynamic version that gets updated.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Archived