đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

twenty one pilots: Levitate

evil sheep

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu
1 hour ago, mmmmmonster said:

Their strong structures used to be the most predictable and boring part of their music you can’t be serious. It’s not about hits anymore anyway. They made their coin now they just make whatever the hell they and their fans want :awkney:

When you think of a song from 10 years ago, you don't instantly remember the lyrics, you remember the catchy hook that it had, and sometimes you hum the melody before you remember any lyrics, which is what makes melodies and hooks more important from a songwriting standpoint. Any songwriter will tell you melodies are more important than lyrics.

Heathens is a perfect example of a song that has both a catchy hook which makes the song memorable and good lyrics. A year from now, you probably won't remember this song lol...

Every person is entitled to their opinion, but the songs that do well and stay in people's memories for years/decades are the ones with good melodies/hooks. So while this song can be fun listening to the first few times, it won't be as memorable as their older hits.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirrion Rizzons
1 hour ago, nicolasrumet said:

Looks like their new album isn't as good as their debut album. Heathens is my favorite song. This sounds more like mainstream hip-hop rather than something unique.

their first album came out in 2009 lmao, ofc this is gonna sound different

Daredevil
33 minutes ago, mmmmmonster said:

Their strong structures used to be the most predictable and boring part of their music you can’t be serious.

sure 

CinnamonGirl
53 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

have you listened to mainstream hip-hop lately? I don't remember hearing mumble-rap in this song :ladyhaha:

Yes, their debut album Vessel was pretty great, but I liked Blurryface more. I hope this album is good as well 

Vessel is not their debut album 

âž°âž°âž°

Daredevil
3 minutes ago, LyGaga said:

Vessel is not their debut album 

yes, I know, but it's their major-label debut album by Fueled by Ramen

SEXODUS

When you think of a song from 10 years ago, you don't instantly remember the lyrics, you remember the catchy hook that it had, and sometimes you hum the melody before you remember any lyrics, which is what makes melodies and hooks more important from a songwriting standpoint. Any songwriter will tell you melodies are more important than lyrics.

Heathens is a perfect example of a song that has both a catchy hook which makes the song memorable and good lyrics. A year from now, you probably won't remember this song lol...

Every person is entitled to their opinion, but the songs that do well and stay in people's memories for years/decades are the ones with good melodies/hooks. So while this song can be fun listening to the first few times, it won't be as memorable as their older hits.

First of all, were you referencing to Blurryface as their debut album earlier? Because it's not, they've got two more albums out (Self-Titled, Vessel) and a third one (Regional At Best) released between these two that you won't find on streaming services. You should really listen to those if you want to get an idea about what type of music and message they wanna put out there.

Indeed there's nothing radio-friendly about Levitate and that's exactly the point they're trying to make. Blurryface was their commercially successful era and quite frankly they hated it to the point of changing the lyrics to Stressed Out in one of their concerts (“I wish I wrote a different song no one's ever heard,I wish my mom would just admit she's sick of every word. Overplayed, overstayed, it was a smash hit. Funny how overplayed songs sound like crap.”)

Their music was never meant for the masses but for individuals that relate to their lyrics and struggles. The mainstream idea would be antithetical to how they relate to their craft and their fans. This era is clearly about not wanting to go back to the kind of popularity they had with the previous one. In a way they're getting rid of those people that liked them because of the catchy hooks (Stressed Out, Ride, Heathens) but didn't even know what they've done before, and there's a whole plot behind these music videos that are shared online only with the people that follow them closely. 

So yeah, the GP probably won't remember this song or album but the fans will. The funny part is it's intentional. 

ryanripley
17 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

blurry face was their fifth album

blurryface is their 4th album :poot: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Killa

Nice. Kinda old school but still fresh enough. Have to listen with phones but i also hear a bit too of a messy mix. 

Anyhow good

littlepotter

Looks like their new album isn't as good as their debut album. Heathens is my favorite song. This sounds more like mainstream hip-hop rather than something unique.

i really hope by debut album you don't mean blurryface because they have many more albums. this is their fifth album. and jumpsuit is one of their best songs ever 

chaeri pls

Mirrion Rizzons
15 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

blurryface is their 4th album :poot: 

mess:giveup::messga:

Chickens in Malibu
1 hour ago, hunty said:

i really hope by debut album you don't mean blurryface because they have many more albums. this is their fifth album. and jumpsuit is one of their best songs ever 

I meant their commercial breakthrough album lol (Blurryface)...

That's like saying Katy Perry's debut album was her 2001 or 2005 album lol. When we think of her debut in the mainstream we think of 2008.

So what I meant is Blurryface and I didn't hear any of their material before 2015 (though Vessel could be arguably their actual commercial breakthrough since at least it charted on BB100 but to me I only know them from 2015).

SEXODUS
5 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

I meant their commercial breakthrough album lol (Blurryface)...

That's like saying Katy Perry's debut album was her 2001 or 2005 album lol. When we think of her debut in the mainstream we think of 2008.

So what I meant is Blurryface and I didn't hear any of their material before 2015 (though Vessel could be arguably their actual commercial breakthrough since at least it charted on BB100 but to me I only know them from 2015).

The whole point of calling an album a debut album is to let you know that that’s the first album someone recorded and entered the music business with. It has nothing to do with mainstream. 

Archived